SI on the bubble teams | Syracusefan.com

SI on the bubble teams

Terribly misinformed article. And it's not just Syracuse. His assessments on most teams are way off.

Does he still think this is a 64 team tournament? Based on what he is saying each team needs to do, many teams will come up short.

Does he not realize that the bubble line is extremely weak?

Last edited:
I already commented on this SI guy's take in yesterday's "Daily" thread, so I'll leave it at that

I thought it was very very similar to what I read yesterday.

Bottom line, if we win only 1 of either the Florida State game or the 1st round in the ACC tourney and DON'T make the tournament, I will create a thread for the sole reason of admitting what an overconfident dumba** I am and ask the admins to tack it so everyone can jump on me and pile on. If it doesn't get tacked, I'll just bump it every hour for an entire day so nobody misses their chance to pile on. Then, if I make it up to a football tailgate this season, I'll introduce myself as the moron who knows nothing about projecting the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
The following teams are all in right now -- and he thinks they need to do this much to get in?

He oversells and fear mongers for all of the following teams.

1. Pitt - needs 2 more wins? They may need one, but certainly now two.

2. Providence needs to win their next 4 games?

3. Oregon st -- needs to advance to P12 semifinals if they lose a road game tonight? (that may be true if the committee undersells the P12 but no evidence of that)

4. UConn has to win at SMU?

5. Syracuse needs to beat FSU and go on a run in the ACC tournament?

6. Cincy - win one game this week and get to the final AAC game.

7. Butler - win out and make the Big East Finals.

8. Tulsa - must win the auto bid.

9. VCU - Beat Dayton and make the A-10 championship.

Then he totally undersells Michigan, and says they only need to win one more game against anybody.

The guy is a Fear Mongerer. I can guarantee you most of those teams will not achieve those goals. Who is going to move up too replace these 7 or so teams that fail to do the above. A few bubble busters -- then who?

What value does a bracketologist provide if his assessments are based on reaching a record where you are beyond a 100% stone cold lock? Don't you want to know more what will likely get you in, and what is a real lock

Last edited:
The following teams are all in right now -- and he thinks they need to do this much to get in?

3. Oregon st -- needs to advance to P12 semifinals if they lose a road game tonight? (that may be true if the committee undersells the P12 but no evidence of that)

Then he totally undersells Michigan, and says they only need to win one more game against anybody.

The guy is a Fear Mongerer who has no concept of what is going on below the bubble line.
yeah I think the problem with this guy is two-fold: He's a misinformed dude trying to come off as an authority; It's total clickbait rabble-rousing

I already commented on this SI guy's take in yesterday's "Daily" thread, so I'll leave it at that

Missed it. I assume you took care of business.

But my opinion is not just Syracuse centric. Of the last 11 teams that are currently in. he oversells what is needed on 9, is actually correct on one (Vanderbilt), and is way off in the other direction on Michigan. A 91% fail rate. Not bad.

The guy is a Fear Mongerer. I can guarantee you most of those teams will not achieve those goals. Who is going to move up too replace these 7 or so teams that fail to do the above. A few bubble busters -- then who?

What value does a bracketologist provide if his assessments are based on reaching a record where you are beyond a 100% stone cold lock? Don't you want to know more what will likely get you in, and what is a real lock
I'm surprised he didn't say that SU winning the ACCT would make them a lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom