Silent G is shooting 47 % from 3 and 48% from | Syracusefan.com

Silent G is shooting 47 % from 3 and 48% from

When does he back up and start taking jumpers from behind the line?

56% for his Syracuse Career to date.

At 56% he remains ahead of these Syracuse notables:

54.15% Darryl Watkins
52.73% Stephen Thompson
52.52% Bob Dooms
51.55% Rick Jackson
50.57% Josh Pace
49.14% Jeremy McNeil
47.96% Terrence Roberts
47.22% Louis McCroskey
42.14% Derek Brower
39.48% Arinze Onuaku
37.82% Herm Harried

Yikes, I thought we put a bad free throw shooting team out there this season, but 05-06 team with Watkins, TRob, AO and McCroskey was brutal. Well at least they could give the ball to GMAC.

Last edited:

54.15% Darryl Watkins
52.73% Stephen Thompson
52.52% Bob Dooms
51.55% Rick Jackson
50.57% Josh Pace
49.14% Jeremy McNeil
47.96% Terrence Roberts
47.22% Louis McCroskey
42.14% Derek Brower
39.48% Arinze Onuaku
37.82% Herm Harried

Yikes, I thought we put a bad free throw shooting team out there this season, but 05-06 team with Watkins, TRob, AO and McCroskey was brutal. Well at least they could give the ball to GMAC.
it's unbelievable how terrible some of our guards are at shooting free throws. no one will ever foul patterson because they desperately want him to shoot but he's 2 for 11 at SU

dasher, you were looking at his overall FG %

he's shooting 40% from 3 which is still good

moral of the story for the rest of you gullible rubes is dasher is always wrong

He needs to step back on the first shot. He consistently hits the back of the rim on the first one. And as Sean pointed out, he then adds air to the second shot. That results in a bucket or too short. He's consistently inconsistent up there.

And you constantly feel the need to fact check all of his posts makes me think of one thing only.

And you constantly feel the need to fact check all of his posts makes me think of one thing only.

i'm pretty sure he can handle it after damn near 20 years

btw you shouldn't need fact check to know that gbinije isn't shooting 47% from 3

as long as you are always right Millhouse. the world is in it's right orbit.

dude needs more shots. if Cooney can jack 26 rainmakers, half of them of the fade away with two guys in his face variety, surely we can get Mikey G 5-7 more shots per game. He can actually get open vs. tight man coverage as well, which gives him easier looks.

dude needs more shots. if Cooney can jack 26 rainmakers, half of them of the fade away with two guys in his face variety, surely we can get Mikey G 5-7 more shots per game. He can actually get open vs. tight man coverage as well, which gives him easier looks.
LOL good going. You found a way to stick in a dig on Cooney while we were talking about silent G. Kudos.

LOL good going. You found a way to stick in a dig on Cooney while we were talking about silent G. Kudos.

i dont bash Coon anymore. he is what he is. Any person with the greenest of green lights like him is going to shoot. As many have said, however, we will not win many games with Trevor shooting 25 times. Its a bad sign. He did make a couple tough ones vs UNC, but he also missed a bunch.

I also think G is going to be by far the best player on our team next year. His improvement is huge. Only because of Rak's even better jump is G not mentioned more.

He needs to step back on the first shot. He consistently hits the back of the rim on the first one. And as Sean pointed out, he then adds air to the second shot. That results in a bucket or too short. He's consistently inconsistent up there.

I like Sean but believe this is an instance in which he extrapolated from a handful of recent free throws (didn't he call the Miami game, too?).

As I see it, Gbinije is inconsistently inconsistent; he's hit the back iron lately, but over the course of the year he misses in a number of different ways: left, right, long, short, you name it. If there's one thing that appears consistent, it's his success when he looks focused. He seems to be more casual on his misses.

I like Sean but believe this is an instance in which he extrapolated from a handful of recent free throws (didn't he call the Miami game, too?).

As I see it, Gbinije is inconsistently inconsistent; he's hit the back iron lately, but over the course of the year he misses in a number of different ways: left, right, long, short, you name it. If there's one thing that appears consistent, it's his success when he looks focused. He seems to be more casual on his misses.

Gbinije reminds me a lot of a taller Brandon Triche. He does everything ok, but he is exceptional at nothing, and is passive by nature.

Relax, you're just baiting the beating of a dead horse.

the moral of the story is if you shoot 48% ft then stay the away from the ball when teams are fouling. touch pass and run.

the moral of the story is if you shoot 48% ft then stay the away from the ball when teams are fouling. touch pass and run.

Another reason I find it painful being a Syracuse basketball fan...

Clock running down I still trust the ball in G's hands in that situation more than anyone but Cooney and Rak.

the free throw line. Hard to do.

brain.jpg

Gbinije reminds me a lot of a taller Brandon Triche. He does everything ok, but he is exceptional at nothing, and is passive by nature.

That comparison has been on my mind a lot this season, especially their similarity in being wildly inconsistent - looking like the best player in the league for a half (or, in Triche's case against Louisville and a couple other times, a full game) but then disappearing for long stretches. Each has looked extraordinarily talented at times, but it doesn't show over the course of a season.

The book on Mike is still being written, but one difference I perceive is that Brandon Triche was a more savvy player.

54.15% Darryl Watkins
52.73% Stephen Thompson
52.52% Bob Dooms
51.55% Rick Jackson
50.57% Josh Pace
49.14% Jeremy McNeil
47.96% Terrence Roberts
47.22% Louis McCroskey
42.14% Derek Brower
39.48% Arinze Onuaku
37.82% Herm Harried

mcneil may have finished his career as a 49% free throw shooter, but who can forget the two he made late in the game against no. 2 pitt on february 1, 2003, just a few days after his mom died? that game was THE turning point for the season. and to illustrate how much in-season rankings mean, s.u. wasn't even ranked at that point. man, that was a fun year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom