SJU/CUSE Tickets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SJU/CUSE Tickets

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/millrose/EN/buy/details/ESG1215M

The package deals are so annoying,PC used to do it and Boston College is doing it this year too. One of the few drawbacks of being a powerhouse program I guess.Anyway somehow I stumbled upon this link to buy the package tickets individually.Appears to be corner to baseline 100's only, but somewhat reasonably priced. The site seemed pretty slow might have to try it a few times before it works. Let's make the garden orange on the 15th!Go Cuse!

Where did you "stumble upon" this link?

The garden.com had the cuse game up yesterday afternoon on their calendar of events.
I clicked on it and it took me to a link with individual tickets for all the games on both flex packs(holiday festival creighton,georgetown,depaul.etc)I ran through the process of buying the flex pack for the holiday festival and the cuse game off their website. When I did it it was the same website with the same address and it give me the same account number when I logged in.Seemed legit at the time and still does now. Maybe the garden.com put it up accidentally.

The garden.com had the cuse game up yesterday afternoon on their calendar of events.
I clicked on it and it took me to a link with individual tickets for all the games on both flex packs(holiday festival creighton,georgetown,depaul.etc)I ran through the process of buying the flex pack for the holiday festival and the cuse game off their website. When I did it it was the same website with the same address and it give me the same account number when I logged in.Seemed legit at the time and still does now. Maybe the garden.com put it up accidentally.

The odd thing is you never get any sort of confirmation e-mail and there were no service charges. Also, only option is will call pickup. I just went on thegarden.com and there is no link.

I bought tickets and I think it is legit. The confirming e-mail that I received includes an account number and it is the same number that was on the email that I received when I bought tickets to the Temple game last December and the Mich state game in 2010. However both the other times I was able to print up my tickets. I'll keep checking it out.

I bought tickets and I think it is legit. The confirming e-mail that I received includes an account number and it is the same number that was on the email that I received when I bought tickets to the Temple game last December and the Mich state game in 2010. However both the other times I was able to print up my tickets. I'll keep checking it out.

I never received an e-mail confirmation but I do have a confirmation # from when I bought the tickets. Is there some sort of customer service #?

i think this is def legit, you should have received an email confirmation

I did receive a confirmation e-mail but am still concerned about the 'will call only' and lack of a service fee. Been trying to call the box office but can't get through. Will keep trying.

I got through to someone in customer service for MSG sales. She thought the only tickets that are available right now are through St John's. But she did say that they are doing Will Call only for tickets. I sent her the above link and she's going to check with her boss and make sure everything is legit. I also sent her my confirmation e-mail (I did get one after all) and she's going to use that as well in their investigation.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I checked out the link Iommi, and although I didn't buy tickets, it looks plenty legit. If you see a 'lock' on your web address, that usually means a good thing. You can click the lock and see who the website is verified by, which in this case is VeriSign and it says that you're connected to Ticketmaster.com. The website/link is completely legit in my opinion. Also, who is the confirmation email from?

One more thing, for OrangeDave, don't worry about Will Call tickets at all. They're a great idea and really easy to obtain. I believe things they ask you for are identification and the credit card you purchased the tickets with. It's really simple, and the line to get the tickets is usually very small, if any line at all. I actually will call'd my tickets for the St. John's game in 2011 and everything was fine. I vaguely remember swiping or scanning your credit card and the machine spits them out.

Last edited:
I checked out the link Iommi, and although I didn't buy tickets, it looks plenty legit. If you see a 'lock' on your web address, that usually means a good thing. You can click the lock and see who the website is verified by, which in this case is VeriSign and it says that you're connected to Ticketmaster.com. The website/link is completely legit in my opinion. Also, who is the confirmation email from?

groupsales@the garden.com

FYI I am on the Board of our local soccer league and 4-5 years ago one of our coaches worked for MSG. His email was _____@thegarden.com so it is a legit website.

Just talked to a man named Chris at MSG group sales. Using just my name he found my confirmation number and seat locations. Said there were some problems with the ticket site but confirmed that I do have tickets and they would be available at will call on Oct twenty-something. Of course, coming from Syracuse I won't get them until the day of the game but I feel a lot better about it now.
Thanks for all the digging and info you guys did.

Just talked to a man named Chris at MSG group sales. Using just my name he found my confirmation number and seat locations. Said there were some problems with the ticket site but confirmed that I do have tickets and they would be available at will call on Oct twenty-something. Of course, coming from Syracuse I won't get them until the day of the game but I feel a lot better about it now.
Thanks for all the digging and info you guys did.

Nice...just breathed a sigh of relief.

One final update...if you go on the link on page one of this thread and log-in to the "My Madison Square Garden Account Manager" site, you can see the ticket purchase you made. There's also a calendar that lists the event (game) on December 15th.

Interestingly, there are no tickets on sale anymore. Based on my discussion with the group sales woman, I'm guessing that these tickets were not supposed to be on sale the way we bought them. It appears to have been a mistake made by the St John's ticketing folks. The woman at MSG group sales did say that eventually you will be able to buy tickets to this game on an individual basis; it's just that right now SJU is trying to get people to buy a package game deal.

Bull. The garden would be happy to host us whenever we wanted to go there (so long as the venue isn't being used by a pro sport) we'd make them the most money. Certainly more than sju. Heck if we'd tell them we were bringing duke down there they'd kick the rangers or the knocks off the floor.
I tend to agree.
But maybe the Garden doesn't.
If it did...wouldn't it try to get us in for more than one game?

But perhaps the ACC move was such a rush job that it will take time to adjust.
It certainly was made without regard for the big NYC/NJ/LI fan base.

The irony is that even Nancy Cantor won't be able to get to our games now that she'll be holed up in a condo tower in Newark.

I tend to agree.
But maybe the Garden doesn't.
If it did...wouldn't it try to get us in for more than one game?

But perhaps the ACC move was such a rush job that it will take time to adjust.
It certainly was made without regard for the big NYC/NJ/LI fan base.

The irony is that even Nancy Cantor won't be able to get to our games now that she'll be holed up in a condo tower in Newark.
I'm sure they'd like us there but they don't do the asking. Its MSG... that place has something happening there every night.

St. John's is clearly trying to block large numbers of SU fans from attending the game. Today they started pushing the two-game package which include the Syracuse game and the Holiday Classic against Fordham. This is my only chance to see Syracuse in the metro area this year, but I'm starting to wonder if we should schedule St. John's if they're going to pull this crap.

St. John's is clearly trying to block large numbers of SU fans from attending the game. Today they started pushing the two-game package which include the Syracuse game and the Holiday Classic against Fordham. This is my only chance to see Syracuse in the metro area this year, but I'm starting to wonder if we should schedule St. John's if they're going to pull this crap.
Sure we should. Cuse isn't doing it for fans. They str doing it for recruits.

Sure we should. Cuse isn't doing it for fans. They str doing it for recruits.

That's fine. But they're screwing over one of their largest fan bases, and they're losing fans like me.

That's fine. But they're screwing over one of their largest fan bases, and they're losing fans like me.
Its stjohns doing not cuses. Sju are bittches

Syracuse has no input as to how St. Johns (or any away opponent) sells their tickets. They feel like the demand is there where they can sell it with a less desirable game and still sell a large majority of the tickets. It's a way of extracting more value from their inventory. Basic supply and demand principles and what makes America great!

Syracuse did the same thing with their tickets, by offering a few different packages for tickets before opening them up as single game only. It's just a little harder to sell out a 35,000 seat venue vs. 15,000.

Syracuse has no input as to how St. Johns (or any away opponent) sells their tickets. They feel like the demand is there where they can sell it with a less desirable game and still sell a large majority of the tickets. It's a way of extracting more value from their inventory. Basic supply and demand principles and what makes America great!

Syracuse did the same thing with their tickets, by offering a few different packages for tickets before opening them up as single game only. It's just a little harder to sell out a 35,000 seat venue vs. 15,000.

I realize what they're doing and understand the economics, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. It's just getting harder to get SU basketball tickets and making it less appealing to follow the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom