So Flood was a coward after all...recruiting hits was his worries | Syracusefan.com

So Flood was a coward after all...recruiting hits was his worries

#fencethegarden

untitled-2-jpg.65574

Not to be a stickler but this news was already thrown in the dumpster fire.

#fencethegarden

untitled-2-jpg.65574
Rutgers' response: "But Ash has plenty of time to flip them before NLT Day. Who wants to freeze their butts off between three Great Lakes playing in a very old stadium when they can play in the shadows of NYC?" Or something like that.

Rutgers' response: "But Ash has plenty of time to flip them before NLT Day. Who wants to freeze their butts off between three Great Lakes playing in a very old stadium when they can play in the shadows of NYC?" Or something like that.

What a tremendous load of Horseshxt, "The shadow of NYC".

Having grown up 18 miles south of New Brunswick I can guarantee you that it's an arduous journey to get into New York City from New Brunswick and even if you can get there, you can't afford to do anything.

What's a college student going to do there? Take in a Broadway show? Go to a Knicks game (both a couple of hundred dollars a ticket.) Sip $10 draft beers?

NYC is a great place if you can afford it and if you don't have to take an hour to get to Penn Station.

The Rutgers football program starting with Schiano has always been rooted in lies. When he took those recruits to NYC he should have told them, "Take a good look. You can barely get here and you can't afford it."

Not that it matters but Kyle wanted to play us to the point of making personal inquiries.

I mean, he didn't really say that.

Well, Schiano took recruits from Florida on tours into NYC suggesting that this was somehow available to them as a place to go. Pure BS.

I got into a message board argument with some RU fan that said you could see the NYC skyline from their stadium.

Well, Schiano took recruits from Florida on tours into NYC suggesting that this was somehow available to them as a place to go. Pure BS.
nb to nyc on the train costs about 28.00 round trip. takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hr and change, depending on what train u get. i take it when su plays in the garden. the station is virtually on the nb campus. that is the ONLY thing schiano did not lie about. yes, as u know nyc is expensive can be done SOMEWHAT economically depending on what u do, if u know the subway system, and choose your itinerary wisely.

Does anyone even go to Rutgers because they want to? I just assume it's because they have no other option.

I got into a message board argument with some RU fan that said you could see the NYC skyline from their stadium.
You may be able to see Staten Island. But unless you live on Staten Island, no New Yorker considers that a part of NYC.

FWIW, you absolutely could see the tops of the Twin Towers from the second deck at Rutgers Stadium as I have seen it with my own eyes. I would image you can now see the top of the Freedom Tower.

The entire skyline, no. So you were both right.