So I Just Finished The Sopranos | Syracusefan.com

So I Just Finished The Sopranos

UpstateSM

First to Surmise Dakota Leffew Would Be Orange
And now the rest of television is ruined forever. I don’t think I’ve watched a show that comes close to the masterpiece I just watched.

(Yes I’m aware I’m 15 years late but I wasn’t even in preschool when it started and never thought to watch until HBO Max)

So, what is your take on the ending?
Haha first of all I couldn't believe it. I jumped out of my chair and yelled at the tv like I was watching a 'Cuse game.

But I don't think that I can be convinced that Tony dies. The point of the whole show, to me, is that he's a selfish azzhole and the worst person of them all but karma only hits everyone else in the family. He always comes out unscathed.

It wouldn't make any sense for him to get killed that way.

Haha first of all I couldn't believe it. I jumped out of my chair and yelled at the tv like I was watching a 'Cuse game.

But I don't think that I can be convinced that Tony dies. The point of the whole show, to me, is that he's a selfish azzhole and the worst person of them all but karma only hits everyone else in the family. He always comes out unscathed.

It wouldn't make any sense for him to get killed that way.
The ending was intentionally ambiguous. There is no definitive answer. If one wants to believe he dies, one can certainly make the case. If one wants to believe he didn’t, that case can also be made. We aren’t supposed to know what happens.

I felt the same after watching Breaking Bad.

Have you watched The Wire yet?
I loved Breaking Bad, too. I was thinking of it as I watched Sopranos because I grew to hate Tony like Walter White.

I haven't watched The Wire yet but that's what everyone says when I bring up Sopranos so that's next on my list

Every time that bell rings you see who comes through the door through Tony’s eyes. The last time you hear the ring he looks up and the screen abruptly goes black.

Actually, the beginning of the previous episode shows him lying in bed with the organ intro to Vanilla Fudge “Keep Me Hanging On” playing. It’s almost as if he’s laid out in a casket. Everything that happens from that point through the ending has a surreal quality to it. We get to see all the events leading to his demise.

As Bobby said when they were out in the boat together “you probably don’t even hear it when it happens”.

New York needed to end the war in New Jersey and had both Tony and Phil eliminated.

Last edited:
It’s a testament to how good The Sopranos was that I still enjoyed it, despite not generally caring about the subject matter whatsoever. The story and characters were great though.

I still go back and watch “Pine Barrens” and the episode filmed in Lake George every now and then.

Tony dies and it was Valery who did it
Might have been the DiMaggio’s. Tony was in the picture with Johnny Sac. They could barely see. Maybe they got confused and thought Tony was who they were supposed to hit. (j/k)

Last edited:
Might have been the DiMaggio’s. Tony was in the picture with Johnny Sac. They could barely see. Maybe they got confused and thought Tony was who they were supposed hit. (j/k)

Had to hit YouTube that was such a deep pull.

Hopes they got some Sanka after!

This thread got me thinking about whatever happened to the Sopranos prequel (The Many Saints of Newark). Was supposed to have been released last Fall but was rescheduled to September of this year. Story takes place in the 1960’s with the Newark riots having a prominent place in the film. James Gandolfini’s son Michael plays a teenage Tony Soprano and SU grad Vera Farmiga (aka Norma Bates) plays Livia Soprano. Written by Chase so I’m guessing it will hit a high note.

Had to hit YouTube that was such a deep pull.

Hopes they got some Sanka after!
That scene always stuck with me. I was sure the old geezers would botch it up and take out Tony by mistake.

This thread got me thinking about whatever happened to the Sopranos prequel (The Many Saints of Newark). Was supposed to have been released last Fall but was rescheduled to September of this year. Story takes place in the 1960’s with the Newark riots having a prominent place in the film. James Gandolfini’s son Michael plays a teenage Tony Soprano and SU grad Vera Farmiga (aka Norma Bates) plays Livia Soprano. Written by Chase so I’m guessing it will hit a high note.
Maybe filming delays due to COVID?

Google says September 2021

Hot take: Season 1 is better than any Sopranos season.
You know where that is streaming? I’m almost done with Sneaky Pete and waiting for s5 of Better Call Saul on Netflix. I want to add Homeland to the “older shows I haven’t caught up on” library.

You know where that is streaming? I’m almost done with Sneaky Pete and waiting for s5 of Better Call Saul on Netflix. I want to add Homeland to the “older shows I haven’t caught up on” library.
I watched it on Hulu, I believe it’s still on there.

That's super HOT. The middle seasons were bad bad. When she was boning the teenage arab kid I almost had to call it quits because it was so stupid. Thankfully the last few seasons got back on track.
I have to be honest when they Killed Brody i was furious, and it took me a while to get back into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom