So I think I'm giving up my Season Tixx for FB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So I think I'm giving up my Season Tixx for FB

Fact of the matter is. Football is dying. I don't know any parents that want their kids to play football. This concussion thing is a big deal. In our overprotective society it's only a matter of time before this catches up with the game.

What is this seniority that you speak of? I've never heard of it and I have had 4 seasons for almost 20 yrs. what does seniority do for someone?

It may be something you've never noticed and see it as just a norm by now -- but seniority by getting early access to single game football tickets, basketball tickets, NCAA events, events at the dome presales, things like that. Also when you're a STH you have me to use at your disposal :p

Random question that will make me sound incredibly uninformed:

When people in this thread are referencing $125, $150 season tickets, is that per game? per seat? for the whole season? I literally have no concept of the market value of SU tix, but considering the amount of silver I see every time I watch them on tv, nothing would really surprise me.

*and yeah maybe I'm a shitty fan but I live on the West Coast and honestly the time/$ commitment and general inconvenience involved in going back to SU for a football game just really isn't worth it right now*

$99 or $125 is per season seat.

Fact of the matter is. Football is dying. I don't know any parents that want their kids to play football. This concussion thing is a big deal. In our overprotective society it's only a matter of time before this catches up with the game.

Football is still the most popular sport in America. The TV ratings blow every other sport out of the water. While I understand that concern whole heartedly the numbers speak a different story

Football is still the most popular sport in America. The TV ratings blow every other sport out of the water. While I understand that concern whole heartedly the numbers speak a different story
Exactly it Dan...know why the TV ratings are so good? Because football is awesome on TV!! That is what you have to compete against...Get someone to go through all the hassles of parking and getting to the dome vs watching it home or at a bar!
This probably belongs on your other post, but while I'm thinking about it; I love the idea of creating atmosphere around the dome on game day. What they have in the quad now is kinda cheesy...get some food and beverage vendors out there. Create some atmosphere. Give us a reason to leave our tailgates early to go there.
And inside the dome, you gotta create some sort of app that will enhance the game experience with replays, stats etc. I remember something like that when I was in a box at the Bills game. It was a seperate unit rather than a phone, but I'm sure the technology is there now. My 2 cents...Thanks Dan!

Exactly it Dan...know why the TV ratings are so good? Because football is awesome on TV!! That is what you have to compete against...Get someone to go through all the hassles of parking and getting to the dome vs watching it home or at a bar!
This probably belongs on your other post, but while I'm thinking about it; I love the idea of creating atmosphere around the dome on game day. What they have in the quad now is kinda cheesy...get some food and beverage vendors out there. Create some atmosphere. Give us a reason to leave our tailgates early to go there.
And inside the dome, you gotta create some sort of app that will enhance the game experience with replays, stats etc. I remember something like that when I was in a box at the Bills game. It was a seperate unit rather than a phone, but I'm sure the technology is there now. My 2 cents...Thanks Dan!

Absolutely right. Baseball is actually incredible with this -- making the game day experience on par if not better with tv. It helps having breaks in between each inning but still. Cannot be afraid to look elsewhere for help in improving our overall product

SU needs to create a tailgate grove on the Quad. It isn't hard to do but they need to spend some money to make money.

Last edited:
money is tight for a lot of people in this town and the product on the field has been pretty bad for a long time. Lower ticket prices, free parking, a dome dog and a non alcoholic drink. Time to reward those that have suffered through this dry spell and to bring back fans. I might also add that practices should be opened up to the public more often. I remember as a kid going to practices with Robert Drummond and how much that experience enhanced my love of the program and also Roberts.

Lol. I can't wait til my kids tell me they hate me for not buying them season tickets when they were kids.
hahaha. At the rate we're going, they'll thank you. But my point still stands that I'm glad my dad did it.

i know that a couple groups near us are not renewing next year, and they are very good fans. it is just wrong to imply someone is not a fan because they dont feel like wasting money on an inferior product. We will continue to do so, but in all honesty... the product has sucked for 15 years. We are irrelevant on so many levels. This year, the OP probably spend 1000s of dollars to watch us go 1-5 (and the one win was a total fluke). come on...

truth is, SU needs to lower prices all over the Dome. You cant charge a number that wont result in seats being sold. We almost upgraded this year down low, but for more than twice the price it was laughable. Being low in the 300s are fantastic sections and in my opinion better than being down low.

That happened to me in 1987. We had both basketball & football season tickets since the dome opened. Awesome football seats in the 3rd row at the 50 yard line.(nose bleed basketball tickets) Then I became pregnant and after having our son in late 1985, we couldn't even give our tickets away in 1986. We didn't renew at the end of the season knowing we couldn't make all the football games with a husband, 3 kids, 2 tickets and the older boys increased involvement in sports. Of course we all know what happened in 1987. Called SU to see if we could get our tickets back when they were 4-0 in '87 and they said the best they could do were tickets in section 312 row T. Grr

I did figure it was just my isolated "luck" that it happened to us.
well there you have it folks, in order for the football team to be successfull again, cherie needs to get knocked up.

everyone, lets send some wine to Mr & Mrs Cheriehoop this winter...

on a side note, the year my daughter was born, the Yankees won the World Series. the year my son was born, the Giants won the SuperBowl.

and with 1 more on the way...either the Knicks or the Rangers are getting a title next year.

well there you have it folks, in order for the football team to be successfull again, cherie needs to get knocked up.

on a side note, the year my daughter was born, the Yankees won the World Series. the year my son was born, the Giants won the SuperBowl.

and with 1 more on the way...either the Knicks or the Rangers are getting a title next year.

I'm an all NY fan myself (Mets, not Yankees though), just wondering how many more kids you are having? I'd really appreciate a Knicks title.

Which event would be more miraculous???:cool:

Going with 3 huh? No more man to man defense? 2 is more than plenty for me. My retirement from baby making will be much more Jeter than Favre.

Congrats to Cherie too on the upcoming pregnancy that she doesn't yet know is about to happen.

Going with 3 huh? No more man to man defense? 2 is more than plenty for me. My retirement from baby making will be much more Jeter than Favre.

Congrats to Cherie too on the upcoming pregnancy that she doesn't yet know is about to happen.
going with 3? well yeah, thats what they tell me.
:eek:

problem is...we are already employing an aggressive full court man to man D, might have to go box and 1 or the payroll is expanding.

heres to some maturity somehow sneaking in before #3 is truly mobile. couchburn

Cherie we expect a detailed report of Jim's recruiting visit

Luckily...the religious southern peeps believe Jesus will save their kids from injuries. So there will always be football. We just need to make sure we can keep recruiting the south :)

i know that a couple groups near us are not renewing next year, and they are very good fans. it is just wrong to imply someone is not a fan because they dont feel like wasting money on an inferior product. We will continue to do so, but in all honesty... the product has sucked for 15 years. We are irrelevant on so many levels. This year, the OP probably spend 1000s of dollars to watch us go 1-5 (and the one win was a total fluke). come on...

truth is, SU needs to lower prices all over the Dome. You cant charge a number that wont result in seats being sold. We almost upgraded this year down low, but for more than twice the price it was laughable. Being low in the 300s are fantastic sections and in my opinion better than being down low.
You can't go lower than $99 endzone seats. We have some of the best pricing in ALL of college football. Colgate seasons tickets are on par with our endzone seats.

the endzone pricing is fine its the areas from endzone to superior premium between the 40's that could use an adjustment(slight to moderate farther you go away from endzones)

Luckily...the religious southern peeps believe Jesus will save their kids from injuries. So there will always be football. We just need to make sure we can keep recruiting the south :)
So heathenism is to blame for our lack of success? Let's repent!

Chris02M said:
the endzone pricing is fine its the areas from endzone to superior premium between the 40's that could use an adjustment(slight to moderate farther you go away from endzones)

Need to reduce the donation required significantly and start over.