So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall

Rhule would be a good hire for them (or anyone) but he's a PSU alumnus. Why would he want to stick it to them?
Sorry meant that Maryland would be sticking it to PSU.

Let's not make it like seeing the 70's (as I sadly did) makes you old. It doesn't. Really. it doesn't. Okay, it does.
i was tempted to make a joke about opa being old but seeing the 80s makes you old now. what's the difference at this point sigh

If you are going to fire a college coach at all, it makes sense to do it early so you will have the best choice of replacements. Doping it after a bowl game, (as we have had to do twice) is the worst time.

I( agree that continuity is important to a program, especially if you are trying to build it or improve it. But if the guy has a track record of not being able to take it to the level you want you either have to re-examine your expectations or give somebody else a shot. Schools are much more likely to do the latter than the former. Maryland had a higher level of expectations than this after the Friedgen years. I'm not sure jumping to the Big Ten was helpful in this regard.

The way many college athletic departments spend, it makes a huge impact when the donors stop cutting the checks, and your fans stay away on game days. As fans we might preach patience, but the reality is that keeping coaches when they aren't wanted is going to cost a school more in the long run.

Kevin Plank will likely be heavily involved in the next hire. UA's stock is on fire and he's got "charitable donations" to make.

Further, F Maryland.

No way in hell would I want him back after what he did to the team after the bowl game out in Arizona.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5981463

I get what you're saying but coaching big time football is a zero sum game. It's great to be a nice guy and win but ultimately I think you have to resign yourself to the notion that hiring a total a-hole is fine, as long as he wins. Even the 'good guys' of coaching usually wind not being anywhere close to squeaky clean when it's over. it's the way of the world in the absolutely ridiculous realm of big time collegiate athletics. It's best to just set aside hopes of winning with exclusively character guys.

Be great if they hire Doug Marrone or Schiano. Two bozos who just didn't get the grass is never greener on the other side.

Gonna be a few dominos with Sarkisian getting canned shortly too. If they go the NFL route w Chip it won't impact college as much but if they go find the coach du jour it could impact everyone.

Since when is being ambitious a character flaw?

Whaaaaaa?

EDIT: Nevermind, not sure why this is getting so much traction. It's some dude with like 40 followers.

EDIT 2: Edit Harder: Definitely a troll.
Maryland mole?

Probably coming from edsall's people
Gotta think so. The way he led SU along (if what I have heard is correct) some years ago won't quickly be forgotten - new regime or not.

He isn't going to even get a call from Coyle if a change gets made. No way. What the hell has the guy done to warrant another P5 job anywhere? He is a surly jerk, alum at SU and at MD don't like him. He did nothing as Terps coach. Locksley should be interesting the rest of the way. Does he punch out an assistant coach again? More harassment suits? Lending Mrs. Locksley's car to a player? Oh the possibilities!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom