So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall

No. I liked Edsell but I think he would max out at 9 wins and a top 30 ranking and win 6 or 7 most years.

Diaco is an unknown but I think his ceiling is higher. I expect to beat USF this week and be in solid bowl contention with a team of dominated by sophomores. I think we will be in contention for an AAC championship in a year or two. That's a top 15 team.

He can definitely recruit, get the players focused and playing hard.
I think you are over rating your team. And his recruiting has been awful according to the recruiting services.

I cannot believe what I am reading. Edsall is the last person I would hire at Syracuse.

The fact he is an alumnus, married an alumnus, played and coached at Syracuse are all good touchy feely things, but has nothing to do with the future.

If we have to make a hire down the road, I hope it is someone with an Air Raid background. The Dome is ridiculously perfect for it.

No thanks on Edsall.

tipphill said:
edsal has a serious recruiting class. i would hire him as an assistant or coordinator. he would be a tremendous asset to us. as for far from civilization, i live on the same planet as orange pa. its a good place, with thoughtful consideration, a lot of oxygen and plant life, and good natured discussions and intelligent disagreements.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

Pretty sure I saw where they have a very good class.

Maryland is an impatient bunch,

Shafer would have been let go mid year last year by that group.

They expect B1G titles there now.

dasher said:
I think you are over rating your team. And his recruiting has been awful according to the recruiting services.

But he's getting results quickly.

Won't surprise me if they beat USF this week.

If uconn wins by double digits against usf a week after we lost by double digits to usf AND we lose to uva I fully expect the board discussion to start evolving to connecting the dots on who SU could afford to bring in and what offensive philosophy we should use.

You know, our normal mid-season discussions.

I think we'll beat them. Our defense has been very good. Its at home and USF has been mediocre.
what word besides mediocre would you use to describe 5 pt wins over Army and Nova?

Pete Thamal's analysis
http://www.campusrush.com/randy-eds...=river&utm_medium=email&utm_source=rebelmouse

And Syracuse gets a mention:
"In theory, the Terps' decision to let Edsall go this early could be perceived as wise. There's a slew of other solid but unspectacular jobs that could potentially be coming open soon, either in the Big Ten or in Maryland's region of the country—Virginia Tech, Virginia, Rutgers, South Carolina, Purdue and Syracuse. (The Fighting Illini, of course, already have an opening.) Firing Edsall now gives Terrapins officials time and freedom to do back-channel research, reach out to candidates and essentially get a leg up on what should be stiff competition."

Locksley is why Md is bringing in a good class. Not Edsall, so I think we can dispense with that.

He was objectively a failure at Maryland. The results can't lead you to any other conclusion.

On the espn recruiting site, the great recruiter has two 3 stars (both rated at 72) Wow. We only have 14 3 star players with a 5 star from last year having us in his final 2.

GoSU96 said:
And he threw a tantrum when P got hired over him.

Yea he did and that's why he left.

dasher said:
that island still lives in the 1980's like the soldier that was still fighting on the islands long after ww2 was over. Randy wasn't a coordinator here or with Coughlin. No thanks.

The 80's? I agree the Edsall ship has sailed. But it was only 6 years ago that he was our #1 choice and supported by many many alumni. Alumni that matter, not alumni that just post on this board.

rrlbees said:
The 80's? I agree the Edsall ship has sailed. But it was only 6 years ago that he was our #1 choice and supported by many many alumni. Alumni that matter, not alumni that just post on this board.

He's still a good coach.

College coaches recycle these days like baseball managers.

Well, that alumni was wrong. Thank God he didn't take the job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom