So NC State, what do we know? | Syracusefan.com

So NC State, what do we know?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I can't name a single player on their team. Are they good? Not?

I'm actually proud of how ignorant I am regarding that team.

They are the rutgirls of the ACC - they keep proving it.

Best win is at Tenn.
Worst lose is home vs NC CENTRAL

Got blown out at home vs Virginia.

Would be disappointed if we lost to them.

TJ Warren will be a first team All ACC player.

NCSU has won 5 of their last 6

that's it, that's all I got

TJ Warren IMO is the best pure scorer in the country , has the ability to get 30 every night he steps on the floor

really a one man band situation. looks like they play 8-9 guys per night, though.

And BeeJay Anya is a house.

WHen I think of NC St. I think of Hodge's annoucement and Corchianni and Monroe backcourt. That says a lot of their program the last few decades.

Funny you should say that. When I saw Lawrinson's thread about our "Fire and Ice" backcourt, my first thought before even opening the thread was Chris Corchiani and Rodney Monroe. Outside of Julius Hodge, you really have to go a long way back to think of a NC State player that registered on the national consciousness.

That chucky brown is a monster...and the gugliata kid shows promise.

They had high hopes for the program this year, but two of their starters from last year declared for the NBA draft. In the last two years, 5 players have transferred and one went back to Belgium.

Yet through this all, they are still 16-8, and could easily be 18-6 or even 19-5. We can't look past them. Moqui's right - TJ Warren can play.

How has BeeJay Anya played this year?

I remember SU was after him for awhile

[quote"OrangeYaGladi, post: 939649, member: 2012"]really a one man band situation. looks like they play 8-9 guys per night, though.

And BeeJay Anya is a house.[/quote]

Anya Is a real fixer upper. Isnt that guy pushing 3 bills?

I got this in an email this afternoon from my brother. An SU grad , big SU basketball fan. He's lived in Raleigh for a couple of decades after having been a fan going back to the 60's. He knows basketball.

Watched SU last night and the Ennis miracle from 35 feet. This has been a fun year. NC State up there next. You will get a chance to see TJ Warren who is a very good offensive player. I expect SU to win handily, but one never knows in college bb.

How has BeeJay Anya played this year?

I remember SU was after him for awhile

I watched him in a recent game, think it was UNC. He was pathetic. Gotta be pushing 350. Everyone else ran from rim to rim. He slogged between the tops of the keys, and contributed nothing meaningful for the time he was in. Be very glad he didn't come here.

They aren't too good this year due to two best players leaving for nba. They have some young talent and a decent class coming in. Goddfried is not a very good coach in my opinion but he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. They have talent but at this point underdeveloped and it remains to be seen if Goddfriend can develop it

TJ Warren IMO is the best pure scorer in the country , has the ability to get 30 every night he steps on the floor

That just means the Orange will win 32 to 30. This team has to learn how to start dominating lesser teams.

TJ Warren will be a first team All ACC player.

NCSU has won 5 of their last 6

that's it, that's all I got

Yes TJ Warren is the Patterson of Pittsburgh. Need to find him on the floor at all times.

We will score at will inside against this team.

I know their fans hate us since we took over their arena a couple years back. I know Warren can score but this is a team we could... should... finally be able to take someone behind the woodshed and get My Three Sons some garbage minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom