So what's the process from here with exit interviews and stuff? | Syracusefan.com

So what's the process from here with exit interviews and stuff?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
How quickly does the end of season interview and plan with the player about their future in the program happen?

I've got to imagine our players aren't blind to how many guys in college hoops right now are entering the portal. They're going to want to hear how they fit, because all the cool kids seem to be going portal.

Anyone have some insight on how the end of season works?

How quickly does the end of season interview and plan with the player about their future in the program happen?

I've got to imagine our players aren't blind to how many guys in college hoops right now are entering the portal. They're going to want to hear how they fit, because all the cool kids seem to be going portal.

Well, first we call the poster in and check their posting history. Then, we decide if we like them or not. You're out.

Seems as if hitting the portal is a year round thing.JB could have his exit interview and player and coach leave the interview on same page, but a week later kid changes his mind.Pitt had a couple leave during the season,I’m sure they aren’t the only school who had that happen.

Kids who are leaving will likely not meet with the staff for exit interviews. Those who are 50/50 or definitely returning will.
Hmm.

Given how quickly some announced at other schools I am kind of surprised there has been nothing from our expected/possible attrition yet.

Given how quickly some announced at other schools I am kind of surprised there has been nothing from our expected/possible attrition yet.

I think we'll start hearing about that this week. Just a guess on my part but I'd think we'll get a Woody transfer announcement and maybe Quincy going to the draft announcement. Then gradually we'll hear more about the other guys.

Do each player have an exit interview with the head and assistant coaches together (zone interviews) or are they all individual 1 on 1 interviews?

I think if takes a day or two to settle down, then have friends do cool those "thank everyone had a great experience but I need to continue my journey elsewhere" promotion imaginary or videos. Then 68 calls to Thompson's mom, then the portal.

Last edited:
Quincy going to the draft

image.jpg

they end of with one player coming back, everyone JB wants to stay leaves, and everyone JB wants to go, goes.

Complete rebuild with D-II transfers, it'll be awesome.

Does that about cover it?

So Buddy saying he is coming back is bad news? I wouldn't have thought so. But if you say so...
I dont think that counts as a big surprise.

BTW if anybody follows Otto's World podcast on Patreon, the latest pod recapping Houston and what may happen with the roster goes through some really interesting insights on the different kinds of conversations JB has with the players at the end of the season and gives some examples of players that had those conversations and what the result was, both positive and negative. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom