So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

2 things:
(1) IMO he can, and SHOULD play the PG position. I think he would thrive at PG. He has a good handle & he's a very good passer. His decision making and maturity, ie; always looking for the flashy play, would hold him back, but I'd trust he'd be more in control as time went on. I'd give him the keys, and let him drive.

(2) Yes...your ass is fat, and you're not a PG. :p
I like Q and he is a creative passer with vision. But, a true PG controls the game. Q has not proven any control.

I try not to say anything negative here, I fail quite often. So, I won’t remark on two3zone’s incredibly fat ass.

2 things:
(1) IMO he can, and SHOULD play the PG position. I think he would thrive at PG. He has a good handle & he's a very good passer. His decision making and maturity, ie; always looking for the flashy play, would hold him back, but I'd trust he'd be more in control as time went on. I'd give him the keys, and let him drive.

(2) Yes...your ass is fat, and you're not a PG. :p

Q can play PG at whatever school will let him if that is what he wants it just wont be at Syracuse

Q needs to find Billy over the summer and let him teach him how to be a floor general.
Billy was always under control during the championship run.
He saw mismatches, and got players the ball at the right time.
And he could take anyone who was guarding him and score.
Two players who could not be more different. Billy was never in a rush. Q is never not in a rush.

Sure would have been nice if this info wasn't withheld from the board so everyone could be on the same page.

Next thing we'll find out that Judah is secretly using his roommate's body wash.

Next we’ll hear that somebody stole somebody else’s flatscreen and PS5.

Or they’re banging a teammates gf.

What do you think this is ... ebay?
Pretty much so. The stats for the players in the portal should be something like this:

name
previous school/team
class
height
position
weight
games played
3FG
FT
PTS
PPG
AST
APG
TO
ratio
offensive rebound
defensive rebound
rebound
RPG
NIL $ asked
NIL $ per game asked
Is there room to negotiate?
willing to accept deal sweeteners?*
willing to sand the floor / paint the fence / wax on wax off during practices?

* deal sweeteners are illegal benefits not part of the NIL package but are given to motivate a player they include a loaner vehicle, free unlimited strip club champagne room lap dances with buffet, weekly Uber sex etc...

Attitude and willing to sacrifice for the needs of the team. He is a foxhole guy and those have a role on winning teams. He also has the potential to get his shot back.
I see. And who are the other winners on the team?

not going to class = not getting the grades = not staying eligible as a student = not qualified for portal?
And 100 games vacated as in the Fab Melo days. UNC tho changed all that with their fake class approach

One thing that I pondered this morning was how much our NIL must’ve learned in the last 4 months with Fran brown and the dozens of portal players they went after and recruited for football.

That NIL experience and recency should be a huge boost to the hoops portal as well. Realistically Autry and staff will have 10 players tops they’re after and negotiating with. That should be like clockwork now. No more muddling through the process.

At least I hope anyway. What do people think?
The biggest thing I took away from that Fran interview with Rece and Pete was that it appears the main characteristic he is looking for in a recruit is that he sees Syracuse as a final destination in their football career. Even if you come in as a highly rated prospect, the NFL is no guarantee. If it was, you would already be in the NFL and not need Syracuse. Of course he wants to send as many of his players to the NFL. I just think he when he mentions things like not looking ahead of the schedule, etc. He wants the guys locked in on the present moment and not worrying about where you want to be, but focused on where you currently are. Much easier said than done because it’s hard to be selfless 100% of the time, but that message hopefully spreads to the rest of the athletic department. Hype isn’t reality, buzz is a result of reality.

Red will figure it out
Looks like Brown, Chance, JJ, McCleod Patterson are back. Moore, Freeman Frosh.
Q, Taylor, Himma gone.
Judah, Bell ?
Wow, that’s up to 6 spots open. That is a great opportunity to change the culture. I hope our coaches are willing to put in the work to find the right guys to turn this around.

It didn’t just start. He stopped going to class weeks ago..

I don’t get that. If he’s going into the portal he wouldn’t be eligible for fall semester. You have to have earned 6 credits in your major the previous semester. Unless summer classes come into play somehow which I’m too lazy to research.

If people knew. If you want to change the culture...you can start with this guy. And his pal too of course.
Clearly people do know, why would anyone tell the rest of us though?

If people knew. If you want to change the culture...you can start with this guy. And his pal too of course.
This is where the portal can be a godsend to a program; remove the distractions, bring in veterans, turn the culture around in a few weeks/months.

Easier said than done, especially removing current 'faces' of the program like JM, but confident Red will do what needs to be done here for long term success.

One thing that I pondered this morning was how much our NIL must’ve learned in the last 4 months with Fran brown and the dozens of portal players they went after and recruited for football.

That NIL experience and recency should be a huge boost to the hoops portal as well. Realistically Autry and staff will have 10 players tops they’re after and negotiating with. That should be like clockwork now. No more muddling through the process.

At least I hope anyway. What do people think?
Our Nil situation is a lot better than people realize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom