So, who's NCSt source is more accurate? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So, who's NCSt source is more accurate?

Would be funny if Swofford was in the ACC bunker trying to figure out a way to silence the Dude and Swaim.

edl_war_room-full.jpg
Someone hacked MFVer3's account the other day...just saying

I am pretty sure the Swoffords and Slives of the world as well as University Presidents don't pay one iota of attention to any of this chatter. It has zero impact on any decision whether they are right or wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They aren't listening but the presidents are certainly hearing this chatter from alumni, boosters, and even BOT members who are listening. That can have an effect on things. UMd's stealth move also makes it more difficult for the presidents and the commissioner to deflect the pressure for fear that they will be blamed if their institution is left out in the cold in the next round of realignment. All it takes is for one president with an itchy trigger finger to potentially derail a conference.

I am pretty sure the Swoffords and Slives of the world as well as University Presidents don't pay one iota of attention to any of this chatter. It has zero impact on any decision whether they are right or wrong.

I'd give this 100 likes if I could

Do you really believe that? They may think so but it is pretty silly. That's why I don't get all worked up over what these guys say. I am pretty sure the Swoffords and Slives of the world as well as University Presidents don't pay one iota of attention to any of this chatter. It has zero impact on any decision whether they are right or wrong.

Swaim, Dude, Yoda and MHVer may be fleas on an elephant's butt but they have got the attention of the Swoffords and Slives and university presidents. They may be just an annoyance but they are persiatent annoyances like that fly or yellow jacket that won't stay away from your picnic. The ACC knows those jackasses are stirring up trouble. And here's the evidence:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...e-statement-regarding-realignment-speculation

Any time Swaim and the Dude go off message boards light up like a Christmas tree with all these rumors -- coincidence? I think not.

Swaim, Dude, Yoda and MHVer may be fleas on an elephant's butt but they have got the attention of the Swoffords and Slives and university presidents. They may be just an annoyance but they are persiatent annoyances like that fly or yellow jacket that won't stay away from your picnic. The ACC knows those jackasses are stirring up trouble. And here's the evidence:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...e-statement-regarding-realignment-speculation

An annoyance is one thing, having an impact on any decision is quite another. Pretty foolish if anyone thinks these guys have any influence on realignment at all.

Any time Swaim and the Dude go off message boards light up like a Christmas tree with all these rumors -- coincidence? I think not.

I agree...whether grassroots or not..the B12 benefits from the weekly rumors these nitwits throw out. The only thing going for the B12 is they still possess two Kings (UT + OU). Hopefully Miami will start to climb out their abyss and give the ACC another King.

In what way?

Noisy, rich alumni or Trustees bugging ACC Presidents/Chancellors.

Look at the good ole boy trustee from FSU spouting off without all the facts...he either believed the crap in the media/twitter or someone he respects got his ear with misinformation.

Evidence? The statement had everything to do with the Big Ten just taking Maryland and nothing to do with Internet rumors...

Evidence? The statement had everything to do with the Big Ten just taking Maryland and nothing to do with Internet rumors...
At the time the Internet rumors were swirling...the statement had everything to do with it (MD leaving was the FlashPoint)

Believe what you want, but even the uber-rational Georgia Tech board on Scout knows that the ACC is keeping an eye on the mischief being stirred up by Swaim and his ilk. And the Big 12 knows that their survival depends on the destruction of the ACC IF 4 superconferences really is the end game. (And the jury is out as to whether that truly is a goal of Delaney and his cronies).

I've never seen a fanbase more dedicated to their butthurt than WVU's.
Unbelievable how they've responded to the ACC rejection- that whole "Hatfields & McCoys" thingy starts to make more sense.
Every once in a while I go to BnG to try & offer some perspective, but anything other than "the ACC sucks & its death is imminent", is considered blasphemy. :crazy:

Noisy, rich alumni or Trustees bugging ACC Presidents/Chancellors.

Look at the good ole boy trustee from FSU spouting off without all the facts...he either believed the crap in the media/twitter or someone he respects got his ear with misinformation.

I don't believe for 1 minute it has any impact. The people who decide these things spend a gazzilion hours doing analysis and tradeoffs, etc. Study markets, look at contracts, talk to TV execs, etc. They aren't going to make their decision because of the dudes blog or swaims tweets no matter how many times they say something.

It.Just.Doesn't.Happen.That.Way.

Believe what you want, but even the uber-rational Georgia Tech board on Scout knows that the ACC is keeping an eye on the mischief being stirred up by Swaim and his ilk. And the Big 12 knows that their survival depends on the destruction of the ACC IF 4 superconferences really is the end game. (And the jury is out as to whether that truly is a goal of Delaney and his cronies).

Mischief? You mean stirring up the fans? That's all it does. These statements that schools and conferences make that address speculation and rumors are nothing more than a way to calm the fans and give them reassurance (even if they may lie themselves). The statemenst have zero to do with speculation and rumor having anything to do with what is really going on. Speculation, rumor, internet chatter does not drive any change.

The end game for all of this expansion lies in the hands of 2 people, Swarbrick and Dodds. All they have to do is decide to get together, and join the ACC, that would be checkmate. To get to 18 split in 2 divisions of 2 you invite Oklahoma, and Penn State, who never really fit in the Big 10. Football would be on a par with the SEC and basketball would be the best in the land.