Some decommits last couple of days:It's a Flippin thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some decommits last couple of days:It's a Flippin thread

Not questioning your source, but I highly doubt we will ever see a Casullo on the Dome sidelines again. Unless it's as a visiting coach.
UMMM...I am talking about returning to STA,you know of course that is St. Thomas Aquinas?

I was talking about building a recruiting aspect between him and Babers. Rocco has a real Syracuse Mancave in his basement when Syracuse is playing.

Decommits among what level of player?

I can't possibly believe the last few years were only around a total of 115 across all of the NCAA D1. We alone in the years we changed coaches had to have 10-15. In a regular year I feel like we lose 3-5. If those numbers are fairly consistent across the board, that's way more than 120 decommits a cycle across D1.

But I do feel like in the past couple of years there have been a lot more kids "trading up" so the amount of commit flipping certainly seems to have gone up, or at least the reporting of it has gone up since Twitter and other forms of social media happen to have increased in popularity
Go to the site and look it up. Just going by their numbers. Don't think they will make it up. It's crazy how the numbers jumped.

I think some of this is social media driven.. more kids announce it now to get pub, kids have always jumped around but the information was much harder to find and it was less socially accepted. Its also much easier to find out what other schools are doing now so you can see who you are competing with if you do move around school to school

I can't possibly believe the last few years were only around a total of 115 across all of the NCAA D1. We alone in the years we changed coaches had to have 10-15. In a regular year I feel like we lose 3-5. If those numbers are fairly consistent across the board, that's way more than 120 decommits a cycle across D1.

But I do feel like in the past couple of years there have been a lot more kids "trading up" so the amount of commit flipping certainly seems to have gone up, or at least the reporting of it has gone up since Twitter and other forms of social media happen to have increased in popularity
I highly doubt they are tracking D-lll level players,just only the bowl eligible teams would be my guess. Tenny has had at least 13 alone this year

UMMM...I am talking about returning to STA,you know of course that is St. Thomas Aquinas?

I was talking about building a recruiting aspect between him and Babers. Rocco has a real Syracuse Mancave in his basement when Syracuse is playing.
Yeah, I knew all that. I read your post too quickly and it registered in my brain as "Rocco wants back in a bad way", meaning he wanted to get back here. Not enough coffee yet. Big derp on my part.

And another STA player decommits. OVs to Pitt and Iowa

Peter ArizVerified account ‏@PeterAriz 59m59 minutes ago
STA RB Kyshaun Bryan decommits from South Carolina.

Like flippin burgers at Mcdonalds...a billion flipped. Some coaches and players like it well done.....It's all in the flip

Should be a way to curb this trend a bit. Why not make it a rule committed players can't take official visits to other schools? If they want to go travel on their own dime I guess you can't stop that but seems like it would help.

Committed isn't really holding much weight anymore.

Should be a way to curb this trend a bit. Why not make it a rule committed players can't take official visits to other schools? If they want to go travel on their own dime I guess you can't stop that but seems like it would help.

Why do you want to limit kids' choices?

All that's going to do is push kids to making a commitment until the last day.

Not too suprising if the SEC by itself has almost 100 decommitments this year as mentioned in the article from cbssports. Where did you find those yearly totals?

Rutgers has a good thread on decommitments.

Which reminds me, you need to add:

Ihmir Marsette decommits from RU
doesn't two four seven sports have a thread on decommits

Why? Why resteict a kid's choice. We never know the behind the scenes stuff.

STA just might have more decommits all by themselves than some states have D-I players in total. Roger Harriot is a not good example of having players staying loyal and it will leave some schools to back off his mid-major lower rated players until the very end which it will hurt his players. Why would a coach invest time and money in a player from STA which is having a very strong record of flipping these days.
I hope Harriot is not telling these kids to secure a spot first then decide later if a bigger program comes at the end to fill in with "B" listers. This is only good for Harriot IMO.

I hope Harriot is not telling these kids to secure a spot first then decide later if a bigger program comes at the end to fill in with "B" listers. This is only good for Harriot IMO.
Isn't it good for the kids? Helping to guarantee a scholarship. Perfect example being the Uconn kid who was dumped by Edsall.