Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

How does Calipari not benefit if Camby is on the fence about leaving UMass to go to the draft and get paid but then is assured he'll still collect a check if he stays one more year in college?

I can tell you for a 100% fact that past Calipari players have been "persuaded" to stay in school while he was at Memphis.

You can't tell me 100% but that's a fair theory. If I remember correctly, the amount was no where near enough for such a result.

You learn a lot more from other teams' boards than you do your own.
Eh, maybe - what you really learn is how deluded a fanbase truly is when a representative or two of the fanbase start spouting off on other teams' boards :noidea:
so hey, good work!

Cheating or not Cal was a great recruiter with UMass and Memphis. Add the great recruiting and it being UK and it is possible, especially when he comes out with what they're doing at the school "pretty much being a NBA trade school and embracing the one and done when others weren't".

If one day it comes out he cheated at UK, ok, he's garbage and he and the school should be penalized. Until then, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not one to just default to the "bags of cash" accusation whenever we don't get a player, but CuseRaised, who seems to personally know QG and his family said unequivocally that Quade received a "bag" from UK. He did imply that Syracuse had a chance to match the offer and or made their own offer that was just not enough.

Eh, maybe - what you really learn is how deluded a fanbase truly is when a representative or two of the fanbase start spouting off on other teams' boards :noidea:
so hey, good work!
Wouldn't that be what the fans of the team of that board would learn? Technically, I guess I could read my own posts and see how deluded I am. But , of course, I'd be too deluded to recognize my delusion.

That's because you refuse to answer one legitimate question - he held the Kentucky offer for over a month. Why did he wait until AFTER the signing period to leave us high and dry? Just answer that, and whether you think it's the right way to do things. I'm a little tired of you bending over backwards to say he has to take care of his future. If you accept a job, do you call up and quit the job if you get a better offer before you even start the new job? That's essentially what Quade did. In the job world, it's unacceptable and burns bridges. In college recruiting, it's a shitty thing to do, the way he did it. I will say again, as many have said in this thread, I have no problem with a kid thinking that another school is a better choice for him, but you don't string people along, have them turn away their other options based on your representations to them, wait until it's too late for the school to make arrangements to replace you, and THEN you drop them. That's punk.

But it's not too late. That was just the end of the EARLY signing period. Do you have the same feelings for any kid that makes a decision after the early signing period? It's not Quade's fault that Syracuse put all their eggs in his basket. These kids are making tough choices that can effect them for their entire life. I'm not saying anything about the actual choice of Quade cause I think Cuse would've been good for him too but you can't blame the kid for making the choice he made. I've seen some on here say he took money and blah, blah, blah. That's just ignorant. Neither UK nor Cuse, or any elite school like this, has to pay players to come. So say so is just jealousy and ignorant. The pay day comes at the next level and alot of there kids base their decision on who can get them there the quickest. Is Calipari a better X and O coach than JB? Of course not but he's a better recruiter and quick developer and that's why kids choose UK. It is the closest thing to the pros as you can get in college. So, you can't blame a kid for taking more time when an offer like that comes in the table. And it's not like he waited long, he still signed during the early signing period, which should give Cuse plenty of time to finish on someone had they not put all their eggs in his basket. But like I said, that's not his fault at all. Cuse will be just fine, they always seem to land on their feet and compete come March.

I'm not one to just default to the "bags of cash" accusation whenever we don't get a player, but CuseRaised, who seems to personally know QG and his family said unequivocally that Quade received a "bag" from UK. He did imply that Syracuse had a chance to match the offer and or made their own offer that was just not enough.

Personally, I think if there really was money changing hands it would have been exposed by now. Some dumb fook that took money, didn't make it to the NBA and can't get his life together would volunteer to serve as a source for Pete Thamel or someone like him. Eventually these stories leak out, why not the cash payments? My only answer is; they probably don't exist. Kind of like the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, The Abominable Snowman and UFOs.

That is a flat out lie. You should come to Lexington and see some of the cars these kids drive. You'll see that there is no "bags" of cash being handed out to any of them. To even think that this goes on at UK is beyond absurd. Do you realize how closely UK is watched with every kid they recruit? The NCAA would LOVE to bury Cal and UK. If there were money like that being handed out, it would've gotten out somewhere. My sister worked in the basketball offices and with admissions for years under Smith, BCG, and Calipari and I can assure you that this is not the case with these players. You can think what you want but Cal doesn't have to do that. If any player or their families even mentions getting something for a commitment, Cal and his staff is done with that player and the recruitment is OVER. And I don't believe it about Syracuse having a chance to match the offer. They don't need to do it either. Don't you think they would've matched it since their was no plan B for Quade? They have recruited him for 2 years , don't you think they would've matched the offer to get a commitment if this were true? Exactly!! This is just dumb to even suggest for either UK or Syracuse. They don't need to go that route.

Personally, I think if there really was money changing hands it would have been exposed by now. Some dumb fook that took money, didn't make it to the NBA and can't get his life together would volunteer to serve as a source for Pete Thamel or someone like him. Eventually these stories leak out, why not the cash payments? My only answer is; they probably don't exist. Kind of like the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, The Abominable Snowman and UFOs.

Exactly!! Thamel would do anything to hang Calipari. ANYTHING!

Do you realize how closely UK is watched with every kid they recruit? The NCAA would LOVE to bury Cal and UK.
uh-huh, right, and I'm sure the former ncaa exec who now oversees your "compliance" is brave and noble

Exactly!! Thamel would do anything to hang Calipari. ANYTHING!

Like I've said before. A close friend of mine went to UK, was a Mcdonald's All American and played big minutes. This happened in the last 5 years... his recruitment was NOT clean. Obviously the boosters play a major part in this, but Cal knows this.

That is a flat out lie. You should come to Lexington and see some of the cars these kids drive. You'll see that there is no "bags" of cash being handed out to any of them. To even think that this goes on at UK is beyond absurd. Do you realize how closely UK is watched with every kid they recruit? The NCAA would LOVE to bury Cal and UK. If there were money like that being handed out, it would've gotten out somewhere. My sister worked in the basketball offices and with admissions for years under Smith, BCG, and Calipari and I can assure you that this is not the case with these players. You can think what you want but Cal doesn't have to do that. If any player or their families even mentions getting something for a commitment, Cal and his staff is done with that player and the recruitment is OVER. And I don't believe it about Syracuse having a chance to match the offer. They don't need to do it either. Don't you think they would've matched it since their was no plan B for Quade? They have recruited him for 2 years , don't you think they would've matched the offer to get a commitment if this were true? Exactly!! This is just dumb to even suggest for either UK or Syracuse. They don't need to go that route.

All I'm telling you is that a guy who says he knows Quade reported that. That same guy has been crushing Syracuse as a horrible place with a terrible group of coaches who don't care about, support, aor treat our players or recruits fairly or with respect. He fully supported Quade going to UK and by reading his posts, I suspect he advised him to go to UK, bags or no bags. So he is not the kind of guy you'd be expecting to make up some BS about it because the kid didn't pick SU. This entire thread has been him versus the whole fanbase over his feelings on this.

This has to be an attempt at trolling.

Like I've said before. A close friend of mine went to UK, was a Mcdonald's All American and played big minutes. This happened in the last 5 years... his recruitment was NOT clean. Obviously the boosters play a major part in this, but Cal knows this.

Ok, to each his own but I don't believe it. I've known many McD's AA to go to UK, Ive been closer to the program and the players than most not working at UK or on staff, and I've never seen it before. I know people who are on UK staff (not saying coaching staff) and who have alot of access to the players. But it doesn't matter what I say, people are going to believe what they want. But even if I didn't know for a fact that it doesn't happen here, logic says it doesn't happen either. People are chomping at the bit trying to catch Cal in something and take down him and UK. It is was happening, it would get out. I honestly believe that. Actually, the ones with the most money are the walk-ons.

uh-huh, right, and I'm sure the former ncaa exec who now oversees your "compliance" is brave and noble

Not sure where you get your info from but Sandy Bell is the head of the compliance office for basketball and has been for a very long time. She is the best in the business and notorious for being extremely thorough. I imagine you're referring to Rachel Baker. She works under Sandy and works with football, not basketball. Bell runs the show with basketball and Barnhart wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
This has to be an attempt at trolling.

As I sit hear and read a lot of these posts I can do nothing but just laugh, litterally. I even see people brought JellyFam Washington and suggested on trying to take him from Minnesota. I also see several people in favor of that, yet these same people are mad at Quade. I also see several people trying to justify why Battle backing out of his Verbal was ok, but Quade is just a horrible person. Quade never even officially verballed to anyone, but he is such a bad kid for what he did. I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. A lot of you who are in your feelings are nothing more than entitled fans. You act like spoiled brats. People are in here comparing what Quade did to taking a paying job in the workforce. So let me ask you this, are you going to feed Quade and his family after his college career if things don't work out for him?

The reason I ask about "feeding" Quade doesn't have anything to do with a "bag" or even playing in the NBA, but it has everything to do with the fact Quade has to do what HE thinks is best for him and his family. How can anybody fault a kid for making a decision for HIS life, regardless how they THOUGHT it was made? The kid didn't kill anybody for God sakes. He made a choice about where he was going to spend the next coming years of HIS life.

Quade felt Kentucky would give him a better chance to the NBA. I respect that. I don't care about how it played out or how he made his choice. People on here mention integrity, yet I gave you multiple reason about coaching staff's all over showing little or no integrity towards their players. Class? Where is the class on suggesting that JellyFam jerk Minnesota to come join us? Half of you are the people who need to be ashamed of yourselfs, not the 18 year old kid who had to make the hardest decision of his life.

I''m not on here trying to personally attack the Orange staff. But I do know it goes both ways at any school or any staff. I wanted Quade to wear orange. I love his game! Go to the archives and you will see that. While you are there you will also see me say, possibly months ago that KU could be the school to take Quade from SU. Do fans have the right to be a little hurt? Yes indeed, but to attack an 18 year old over this is just insane.

I respect and understand his decision, and if Quade thinks KU is the best choice for him then I happily support his decision and wish him and his family nothing but the best.

I don't agree...Sometimes these thugs just get away with stuff...just the way it is...Cam Newton and the Auburn cronies... Trump ect... just reality...just keep on believing if it works for you.

I even see people brought JellyFam Washington and suggested on trying to take him from Minnesota.
So wait, if the coach he committed to is fired, shouldn't the child be able to select where he wants to go (SU or wherever)? Wouldn't that be in the best interest of the child?

cal doesn't need to cheat anymore he got through the wall and cousins year and then the davis gilchrist year. All true insiders know Davis got 200,000 to commit remember the commit decommit fiasco. Cousins and wall weren't exactly class acts coming out of highschool. remember wall having a breaking and entering in high school then his own house confirmed by louisville fans, and we all know about cousins temper

Because they laid down and let him get away with this, espn literally pushes Uk has 6 first rounders every year. Its like a media market with them. They no longer need to pay recruits.

Last edited:
As I sit hear and read a lot of these posts I can do nothing but just laugh, litterally. I even see people brought JellyFam Washington and suggested on trying to take him from Minnesota. I also see several people in favor of that, yet these same people are mad at Quade. I also see several people trying to justify why Battle backing out of his Verbal was ok, but Quade is just a horrible person. Quade never even officially verballed to anyone, but he is such a bad kid for what he did. I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. A lot of you who are in your feelings are nothing more than entitled fans. You act like spoiled brats. People are in here comparing what Quade did to taking a paying job in the workforce. So let me ask you this, are you going to feed Quade and his family after his college career if things don't work out for him?

The reason I ask about "feeding" Quade doesn't have anything to do with a "bag" or even playing in the NBA, but it has everything to do with the fact Quade has to do what HE thinks is best for him and his family. How can anybody fault a kid for making a decision for HIS life, regardless how they THOUGHT it was made? The kid didn't kill anybody for God sakes. He made a choice about where he was going to spend the next coming years of HIS life.

Quade felt Kentucky would give him a better chance to the NBA. I respect that. I don't care about how it played out or how he made his choice. People on here mention integrity, yet I gave you multiple reason about coaching staff's all over showing little or no integrity towards their players. Class? Where is the class on suggesting that JellyFam jerk Minnesota to come join us? Half of you are the people who need to be ashamed of yourselfs, not the 18 year old kid who had to make the hardest decision of his life.

I''m not on here trying to personally attack the Orange staff. But I do know it goes both ways at any school or any staff. I wanted Quade to wear orange. I love his game! Go to the archives and you will see that. While you are there you will also see me say, possibly months ago that KU could be the school to take Quade from SU. Do fans have the right to be a little hurt? Yes indeed, but to attack an 18 year old over this is just insane.

I respect and understand his decision, and if Quade thinks KU is the best choice for him then I happily support his decision and wish him and his family nothing but the best.

I got to be honest I don't really understand what your post had to do with my comment. Not once did I attack Quade.

He said as soon as calipari or the Kentucky coaches even get a sniff of a kid wanting an impermissible benefit they immediately stop recruiting the kid. I assumed he was trying to ignite some sort of reaction and couldn't possibly think that was true.

I mean you yourself contradicted that exact statement in one of your prior posts.

As I sit hear and read a lot of these posts I can do nothing but just laugh, litterally. I even see people brought JellyFam Washington and suggested on trying to take him from Minnesota. I also see several people in favor of that, yet these same people are mad at Quade. I also see several people trying to justify why Battle backing out of his Verbal was ok, but Quade is just a horrible person. Quade never even officially verballed to anyone, but he is such a bad kid for what he did. I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.
I also have tears in my eyes by the wretched stench of your posts.

I have seen some of the cars they "drive." Times are certainly tough.

upload_2016-11-21_21-29-12.jpeg
upload_2016-11-21_21-29-12.jpeg