Somewhere on the first Syracusefan.com forum... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Somewhere on the first Syracusefan.com forum...

Tristan passed? Didn’t know that.
the question is...did he ever live?
Click the football board link at the bottom. Posts by the legendary “DnManhattan” and the best troller in Syracusefan.com history...”Super Purplecat”. I would give my right leg to read the Super Purplecat post.

the football link also has the amazing “How can Cecil NOT be the starting qb” post.

Click the football board link at the bottom. Posts by the legendary “DnManhattan” and the best troller in Syracusefan.com history...”Super Purplecat”. I would give my right leg to read the Super Purplecat post.

DnManhattan!! Oh man what a throwback

Also...click on the “view user profiles”. Many are still readable.

Ditto, can't believe its been that long. I should have kept the window clings that were sold to keep the site up way back then.

I still have my "War Damn Otto" pin and my "Big 12 champions" t shirt

EDIT: Every time I go to a game I wear the pin, thinking "THIS is the game that somebody will recognise it, and I'll put a face to a name."

Not yet :(

Last edited:
The first time I saw SU sports discussed on the Interwebs was Tom's .edu website. It took my breath away! I think the topic was whether Blackwell would transfer to Syracuse or not.

Then the website disappeared. I spent the next couple years fruitlessly trying to find something, anything! Eventually found SyracuseFan. Tears were shed!

My first exposure to SU on the internet was Syr.com forums circa 2000.

Consider yourself lucky.

Tristan passed? Didn’t know that.
I still never understood Tristan's connection with Syracuse and CNY. He wasn't an alumni nor a fan that I was aware but somehow found his way to this place.

yea, this whole thing started on aol although I think tomcat may have had something going before that. I know he had a newsletter.
I had a little web site. One of the first to cover college sports. Back circa 1994 or 1995. Time Warner used to give subscribers the ability to host a web site and I took advantage.

But in those days, search engines were text based and very primitive. It was very hard to find content. Things slowly got better but Google didn’t emerge until 1998.

So my site (and many others) were hard to find for a long time.

Last edited:
I thought it was an “I”.
Not positive, but LBonn seems familiar. I do remember him morphing to the Igor persona. He was a frequent visitor to practices back in the day. The legend of Ethan Cole came from this.

Wasn’t it DNManhatten? I remember folks busting his balls for spelling manhattan wrong and also living in BVille. Good old days of a desk job and no site trackers.

no Igor he was LLLBonn (not sure how many Ls)... ah Grandstand... I was living in Cleveland when I first found it.. around 1996.. 25 year lurker...

yep, that was the aol name for the forum. The grandstand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom