Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

You can say whatever you want...

I didn't say that and the critique wasn't just about Tucker.

You can say whatever you want….

“Dino is the same HC that figured out, by accident, that Sean Tucker was not only our best RB, but the best back we've had in a generation.”

“It was clear once Tucker came in that he was a very special talent. Did he not look that in practice? Was he even getting any reps to know??”

“Dino is the same HC that figured out, by accident, that Sean Tucker was not only our best RB, but the best back we've had in a generation.”

“It was clear once Tucker came in that he was a very special talent. Did he not look that in practice? Was he even getting any reps to know??”
And if OG didn’t get hurt would we know about Villari?

Yes I called out Dino for this...

You said I could say that about any coach...

I didn't say it about any other coaches, I said it about Dino. Your quote affirms this. I agree I said what I said.

Is that sufficient?

Yes I called out Dino for this...

You said I could say that about any coach...

I didn't say it about any other coaches, I said it about Dino. Your quote affirms this. I agree I said what I said.

Is that sufficient?

I don’t think you understand what the words “ you could say that about every coach” means.

I don’t think you understand what the words “ you could say that about every coach” means.

What I don't understand is your point.

Every coach has a different team and player pool and should be judged, in part, in how they handle their specific roster of players

It's apples and oranges in terms of player scenarios and roster challenges. So you literally can't say what I said about Dino's handling of specific players and apply it to other coaches... and I didn't.

Moving on... not spending anymore on this.

W over now 5-5 Colgate
W over now 4-6 W Mich
W over now 3-7 Purdue
W over now 4-6 Army
L to now 6-4 Clemson
L to now 8-2 UNC
L to now 10-0 FSU
L to now 5-5 VT
L to now 6-4 BC
W over now 2-8 Pitt
5-5 GT
4-6 Wake

We beat 0 good teams. We beat 0 teams whom currently have a winning record. Goodness...
We have lost to 3 mediocre teams, 2 in blowout fashion.
Squeaking bowl eligibility from the remaining 2 mediocre teams on our schedule should have nothing to do w Babers future here.
He would have earned 6 wins against 6 teams who barely totaled 20 wins on their seasons.

Nice, fun win, but its time for a change.

Last edited:
I’m fairly certain if we had lost on Saturday, Dino was going to be without a job by Monday. The Interesting thing about it though is that while I think minds were made up if they lost to Pitt, I don’t think it’s a done deal that he’ll be fired regardless of how the rest of the season plays out.

My guess: win the last two plus a bowl game and he’s 99% back next year. Go 2-1 in the last three (assuming you make a bowl) and I’d say it’s 75% he’s back next year. 1-2 and I’d put it at 50/50. Lose the last two and he’s toast.

I’m fairly certain if we had lost on Saturday, Dino was going to be without a job by Monday. The Interesting thing about it though is that while I think minds were made up if they lost to Pitt, I don’t think it’s a done deal that he’ll be fired regardless of how the rest of the season plays out.

My guess: win the last two plus a bowl game and he’s 99% back next year. Go 2-1 in the last three (assuming you make a bowl) and I’d say it’s 75% he’s back next year. 1-2 and I’d put it at 50/50. Lose the last two and he’s toast.
I mean if they retain him I’m done with it. This is crazy. The team we beat with the best record this year is …checks notes…colgate

I mean if they retain him I’m done with it. This is crazy. The team we beat with the best record this year is …checks notes…colgate

I just don’t think there’s any chance they fire the guy if he goes 8-5, regardless of how they got to that record. Perhaps the percentages are a little lower on the other two scenarios. We’ll see, I guess.

W over now 5-5 Colgate
W over now 4-6 W Mich
W over now 3-7 Purdue
W over now 4-6 Army
L to now 6-4 Clemson
L to now 8-2 UNC
L to now 10-0 FSU
L to now 5-5 VT
L to now 6-4 BC
W over now 2-8 Pitt
5-5 GT
4-6 Wake

We beat 0 good teams.
We have lost to 3 mediocre teams, 2 in blowout fashion.
Squeaking bowl eligibility from the remaining 2 mediocre teams on our schedule should have nothing to do w Babers future here.
He would have earned 6 wins against 6 teams who barely totaled 20 wins on their seasons.

Nice, fun win, but its time for a change.

BC is currently the worst P5 team on our schedule and we lost at Home.

Can’t fire after the Bowl. That is worse than bringing him back.

Dino ain’t dead yet. Nobody wants to admit it but he ain’t dead yet. this Is why you don’t fire him until a bowl is out of the question
This is why you do fire him. Just in case he does. If we fired him last week we could still hope to make a bowl without having to keep him. This would just prolong the inevitable.

The only team that can win and still be the laughing stock of CFB

Why didn’t Shrader just take a knee?
It’s like he forgot what to do in that situation

He had to run 2 seconds off the clock. Otherwise, they would get a hail mary opportunity with 1 second left.

The only team that can win and still be the laughing stock of CFB

If the Sickos committee had a clue, they'd know that Elijah Wright has played FB/TE for us all season.

I don't believe he has taken any snaps at DL this year. He has no defensive stats.

The vibe in the Stadium was a lot better than the Dome. Much more positive energy. Might be why we won. Plus playing outdoors is better. Another reason we won. Maybe we should play half our games there. Think of the NIL opportunities for the players. Plus can’t beat having a direct train home from the Stadium.

There was literally nobody there. And they closed off all the best seats, closest to the field! What was that all about?

There was literally nobody there. And they closed off all the best seats, closest to the field! What was that all about?

Believe they did that for the bowl, sightlines probably stink, moreso.

I think he’s talking about the incoming recruiting class. It includes an excellent QB and TE.
Copy. I am a big fan of the incoming class as well- in particular the QB from GA - he looks like he could possibly contribute early.

Not sure fear of losing a promising recruit (or class) is reason enough to keep - and extend - a bad coach tho. Especially when there's always a chance the new coach can come in and keep the majority of the previous staff's commits committed - at least the players they like (see: Dino Babers/Mo Neal).

We could be a very desirable destination for offensive linemen running a triple option offense. Plus we wouldn’t be getting blown out as we would be controlling the clock.

Not if those linemen want to play in the NFL ...

This is madness.

You can move the goalposts. Adjusting your thinking based on new knowledge is a positive character trait.

That post is absolutely madness. There seems to be this feeling that there would be some national backlash if SU fired Dino if he got to a bowl. The national narrative for the few people still actually following the program is surprise that he actually still the coach. There's gonna be zero backlash when SU moves on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom