Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

100% clown show. Perhaps, those in that camp, as well as those "usual suspects" good with keeping Dino, etc. big fans of the circus.
Clown Show? Okay, coaches here's your chance. Playing Pitt. QB's 1&2 are hurt. QB2 won't even be able to suit up. Top two receivers are out. Remaining receivers have not really stepped up in many ways, but they can block. Starting linemen injured. What's your game plan for winning?

Ratings, stars don’t mean squat. The coaches do not see it with him or they want the ball in the hands of their three best rushers. Incredible job by coaching staff to install in 8 days and pull it off. A win is a win is a win. Let’s do it again vs. the Jackets and get the 6th win.
They'll have energy at home. But stats don't lie: GT is at the bottom of the league (by a large margin) in rush defense. If they load the box and we add even a sprinkle of passing we'll be competitive.

Last edited:
Clown Show? Okay, coaches here's your chance. Playing Pitt. QB's 1&2 are hurt. QB2 won't even be able to suit up. Top two receivers are out. Remaining receivers have not really stepped up in many ways, but they can block. Starting linemen injured. What's your game plan for winning?

It would be a coach that after being here for nearly a decade being able to show at least a smidgen of competence in building a P5 level roster first and foremost.

Every year it's the 'same ol song and dance' on the woe is us (SU) injury front. I mean, 'come on man' it's football, and it's a given/part of the game that ALL teams have to face and deal with. In year EIGHT, these EXCUSES, at least for me, fall on deaf ears.

Ratings, stars don’t mean squat. The coaches do not see it with him or they want the ball in the hands of their three best rushers. Incredible job by coaching staff to install in 8 days and pull it off. A win is a win is a win. Let’s do it again vs. the Jackets and get the 6th win.
that's what I was getting at.

It's not, there's a reason why even Navy and Army have abandoned the full triple option because it's simply not sustainable after the NCAA changed the rules for cut blocks. No P5 D1 A team is moving to an offense remotely like the one we saw yesterday.

that's what I was getting at.
i thought so, didn’t mean for the reply to construe anything otherwise

Nahh. Dino ran him up the middle, until he was hurt. Then he wanted to make him a slot.

I like how Lville has used him.
We did everything possible to scheme him into the offense. He wasn’t great. Tucker was never going to see the field here and him playing was a product of the disaster 1-10 season yet he managed to be productive on that dumpster fire team and even better and next world the following year. JJ wasn’t gonna do that. JJ wasn’t great for Ville until this year.

This years Jordan is phenomenal well rounded super shifty and elusive plenty of power in his game he’s been excellent. I think it’s a rare case of a late bloomer at RB.

Some of you people are just miserable. Saturday was fun to watch. We beat Pittsburgh.

If Syracuse trotted our Braden Davis and they won, my suspicion is that all the people mad at them for running the Veer would have found a different thing to be mad at.

I feel a lot better about beating Pitt the way we did than when Zack Mahoney hung 60+ up in a loss.

Paybacks are hell.
It wasn't that long ago (2015) that Narduzzi called a fake punt, leading to a last-second FG to beat us 23-20 in the dome.

It would be a coach that after being here for nearly a decade being able to show at least a smidgen of competence in building a P5 level roster first and foremost.

Every year it's the 'same ol song and dance' on the woe is us (SU) injury front. I mean, 'come on man' it's football, and it's a given/part of the game that ALL teams have to face and deal with. In year EIGHT, these EXCUSES, at least for me, fall on deaf ears.
That is a strong game plan. I can picture it. In the huddle: Shrader "Okay, on 2. everyone holler 'fire the coach'!"
Not a gameplan, just more kvetching about the coach and staff.

Doesn't matter. There's a certain subset of the fanbase that have been beaten so far into submission as far as expectations that they'll take anything at this point as long as the HC seems like a nice guy and the team wins 5-7 games a year. I'm convinced of that.

I'm happy we won, especially with the effort that the OL put out, guys like Villari and then Shrader playing at maybe 60% if he's lucky. And it was fun to watch some old school pound the ground football for sure. But it's not sustainable and it's not a long-term answer. It is the same song and dance with Dino every year. The roster never looks balanced enough to tackle a full season. We have a high propensity for penalties which tends to indicate a general lack of preparation. His aggressiveness as a coach has generally been shelved. Contingency management apparently isn't really a thing when you consider how damaged we become when we lose 1 or 2 front line players. But who cares - let's just give Dino kudos because he had to resort to a dinosaur era offense to defeat a 2-7 Pitt team (after a 5 game losing streak where we generally looked like hot garbage) because we don't have a QB on the roster that apparently can throw a forward pass outside of our injured starter. Mediocre is the best we can hope for out of a $4m a year HC. The kids like him, so that's enough. That's apparently the attitude.

Apparently this is a successful Syracuse program now:
1699984904129.png

You literally can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
We are going to beat Wake Forest and Dino is going to get an extension. Wake will be mailing it in and our guys are clearly still playing hard for Dino.

I've already accepted the latter a result of that win so if anything else happens it will be a pleasant surprise.

We are going to beat Wake Forest and Dino is going to get an extension. Wake will be mailing it in and our guys are clearly still playing hard for Dino.

I've already accepted the latter a result of that win so if anything else happens it will be a pleasant surprise.
My nightmare scenario is that we go 6-6, we get matched up with one of the better Sun Belt type teams in some afterthought bowl and get smoked, and then Dino get's retained because we went 6-7 and managed to make it to a bowl.

I'm sure this has been discussed but what does an extension look like? 2 years and no buyout?

Doesn't matter. There's a certain subset of the fanbase that have been beaten so far into submission as far as expectations that they'll take anything at this point as long as the HC seems like a nice guy and the team wins 5-7 games a year. I'm convinced of that.

I'm happy we won, especially with the effort that the OL put out, guys like Villari and then Shrader playing at maybe 60% if he's lucky. And it was fun to watch some old school pound the ground football for sure. But it's not sustainable and it's not a long-term answer. It is the same song and dance with Dino every year. The roster never looks balanced enough to tackle a full season. We have a high propensity for penalties which tends to indicate a general lack of preparation. His aggressiveness as a coach has generally been shelved. Contingency management apparently isn't really a thing when you consider how damaged we become when we lose 1 or 2 front line players. But who cares - let's just give Dino kudos because he had to resort to a dinosaur era offense to defeat a 2-7 Pitt team (after a 5 game losing streak where we generally looked like hot garbage) because we don't have a QB on the roster that apparently can throw a forward pass outside of our injured starter. Mediocre is the best we can hope for out of a $4m a year HC. The kids like him, so that's enough. That's apparently the attitude.

Apparently this is a successful Syracuse program now:
View attachment 233277

You literally can't make this stuff up.

I couldn't agree more here. And, if I could this post of yours $4 million likes (;):);):)) I would in a heartbeat!

I'm sure this has been discussed but what does an extension look like? 2 years and no buyout?

IMO that would be insulting to Dino. Commit or commit not. And a one year is not a commitment either. If you believe in him give him 2 years. If you don't believe in him move on.

My nightmare scenario is that we go 6-6, we get matched up with one of the better Sun Belt type teams in some afterthought bowl and get smoked, and then Dino get's retained because we went 6-7 and managed to make it to a bowl.
Indeed nightmare fuel. Next year will be atrocious in terms of attendance if that happens. Idk how you sell hope to a fan base when the team has been consistently below average and literally nothing has changed for the new season.

I don’t understand why so many people dislike triple option/ wildcat/ RPO without the P whatever you want to call it etc schemes. It’s football; run blocking and blocking is like the meat and potatoes of the sport.

I genuinely do not see how passing is so much more exciting. Would everyone have hated football 100 years ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom