Spring Game Discussion | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Discussion

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
IPF dealing with permit issues - not fund raising.

Trudo probably better suited to play guard rather than center.

Loeb will not stay as a GA.

Hunt seen as really good guy by teammates.

Kimble super smart - engineering student.

Cam MacPherson sits out this season as transfer.

Ryan Sloan could have three more years of eligibility - possible medical year.

The IPF is being held up by the stream that runs under Manley. It has for months.

OrangePA said:
IPF dealing with permit issues.

Shocked!

The IPF is being held up by the stream that runs under Manley. It has for months.

Somehow this does not bode well. Does anybody really know if the project will move forward soon and be completed by the start of the season? :(

Heard similar things about Trudo. The new offense runs from the shotgun almost all the time, so the center has to be excellent at making that snap. Trudo struggled somewhat with it. Miller was very good. With Miller becoming a capable blocker at center, and Trudo able to utilize his aggressive nature better playing guard, it was a no brainer to leave Rob at guard.

Heard similar things about Trudo. The new offense runs from the shotgun almost all the time, so the center has to be excellent at making that snap. Trudo struggled somewhat with it. Miller was very good. With Miller becoming a capable blocker at center, and Trudo able to utilize his aggressive nature better playing guard, it was a no brainer to leave Rob at guard.
But why not leave Trudo at Left Guard? Has Trudo slipped and Palmer has passed him, forcing the coaches to put Trudo away from the blind side? Is there that much of a difference between right and left guard that Trudo is better at one than the other?

sutomcat said:

I noticed a couple bad snaps after Miller went down for a bit. Think it was Trudo. That's too bad because C is his natural position due to his smarts and aggressiveness. But it looks like that's only in an under center offense.

Somehow this does not bode well. Does anybody really know if the project will move forward soon and be completed by the start of the season? :(

Doesn't bode well why? Because a construction project is being held up because of the DEC and City. Happens everyday. It will get done, whether it completes in August or whenever. Geeze

But why not leave Trudo at Left Guard? Has Trudo slipped and Palmer has passed him, forcing the coaches to put Trudo away from the blind side? Is there that much of a difference between right and left guard that Trudo is better at one than the other?

If Palmer has passed Trudo that would make two future NFL guys at guard. I would imagine that Trudo can play either, Palmer maybe not

Could be the exact opposite. Rather than having a stud left side of the line and a suspect right side (like a few years ago) perhaps the staff prefers to have their best lineman on the far left and their best gaurd on the right to help the RT.

The starting guards will surely be Nick Robinson and Rob Trudo. Palmer will likely be the first guard off the bench.

My source didn't elaborate any further but perhaps the staff thinks Robinson is better at pass protection than Trudo?

Doesn't bode well why? Because a construction project is being held up because of the DEC and City. Happens everyday. It will get done, whether it completes in August or whenever. Geeze

Federal jurisdiction over this sort of waterway, I believe - Army Corps of Engineers.

But the point stands. Not a big deal; the job will get done at some point and it'll go up fast once construction begins.

Moving at the speed of government. A former company of mine picked that as most creative during a company tagline contest.

I hope someday we're not saying that the 2024 recruits are going to love the IPF. I have no idea how quickly things move up there. I only deal with the federal government down here, so, yeah, there's that.

That new housing development project off Comstock didn't seem to encounter the same problems, and as far as I know, Meadowbrook also runs under there. Or maybe they did have the same issues, it just wasn't made public. Either way, construction is at full bore now.

That new housing development project off Comstock didn't seem to encounter the same problems, and as far as I know, Meadowbrook also runs under there. Or maybe they did have the same issues, it just wasn't made public. Either way, construction is at full bore now.

Yeah, more like that - and they sought permits like three years ago and are just wrapping up infrastructure this spring.

I think Xavier Woods anticipated the problems a little better than SU, since drainage was already a known problem in Outer Comstock. Also, I believe SU has to contend with the fact that there's throughput associated with Meadowbrook at the IFP site, which will be entirely built over. The stream originates at Xavier Woods, which won't even be 25% impervious surfaces.

Yeah, more like that - and they sought permits like three years ago and are just wrapping up infrastructure this spring.

I think Xavier Woods anticipated the problems a little better than SU, since drainage was already a known problem in Outer Comstock. Also, I believe SU has to contend with the fact that there's throughput associated with Meadowbrook at the IFP site, which will be entirely built over. The stream originates at Xavier Woods, which won't even be 25% impervious surfaces.

I figured that was probably the case, just didn't hear much about it.

I miss the days when you could grease the right palms and get things moving.

If Palmer has passed Trudo that would make two future NFL guys at guard. I would imagine that Trudo can play either, Palmer maybe not
I find it interesting that some people forget that Nick Robinson even started at guard last year. He was the best run blocker on the team. I realize he was a local 2 star recruit so that makes him not so glamorous but not not even have him in the discussion is just ridiculous. He's an absolute lock to start this year.

OttoMets said:
Federal jurisdiction over this sort of waterway, I believe - Army Corps of Engineers. But the point stands. Not a big deal; the job will get done at some point and it'll go up fast once construction begins.

It will get done. My concern is when. The permit has been an issue since at least late last summer. How long do these things take? Once it is OK'd, I'm told it will take 3 months.

It will get done. My concern is when. The permit has been an issue since at least late last summer. How long do these things take? Once it is OK'd, I'm told it will take 3 months.

I was hoping it would be done by August 1st. If your timeline is accurate, we got one week to get these permits done !

I figured that was probably the case, just didn't hear much about it.

Yeah, unless you're a fan of planning commission meetings or a neighbor (I'm both), it probably wouldn't cross your radar. Not nearly as exciting as the football building.

I miss the days when you could grease the right palms and get things moving.

So does he

upload_2014-4-24_10-13-39.jpeg

I wonder what the story is with Emerich. He was the backup C last year and haven't heard anything about him. I know he was out with injury for the Spring game, but is that expected to be a long term issue/