Spring Game Discussion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Discussion

It will get done. My concern is when. The permit has been an issue since at least late last summer. How long do these things take? Once it is OK'd, I'm told it will take 3 months.

They can be slow.

I don't have any inside knowledge about their end of it, but the Corps isn't known for rushing things through. Once they give the project the OK, though, as you said, it'll move fast.

I'm hopeful that it'll come through in the next month, for what that's worth.

Yeah, unless you're a fan of planning commission meetings or a neighbor (I'm both), it probably wouldn't cross your radar. Not nearly as exciting as the football building.

Somewhat of a neighbor myself, although in an apartment, so I wouldn't be as invested in planning/zoning meetings etc. As someone who grew up in the Meadowbrook neighborhood, where my parents still live, I'm glad they take their time on issues like these that could have serious environmental effects. Sure it's a pain for developers and there is probably a bit too much red tape to go through, but I'd rather a project is done right than done quickly.

Somewhat of a neighbor myself, although in an apartment, so I wouldn't be as invested in planning/zoning meetings etc. As someone who grew up in the Meadowbrook neighborhood, where my parents still live, I'm glad they take their time on issues like these that could have serious environmental effects. Sure it's a pain for developers and there is probably a bit too much red tape to go through, but I'd rather a project is done right than done quickly.

That's right - I'd forgotten that the poster with the cool Conrad avatar was a fellow former Scott Avenue resident!

Always like to see other East Siders invested in the community.

I find it interesting that some people forget that Nick Robinson even started at guard last year. He was the best run blocker on the team. I realize he was a local 2 star recruit so that makes him not so glamorous but not not even have him in the discussion is just ridiculous. He's an absolute lock to start this year.
Haven't forgotten. Just more concerned with Trudo and if he is still progressing as a player.

That's right - I'd forgotten that the poster with the cool Conrad avatar was a fellow former Scott Avenue resident!

Always like to see other East Siders invested in the community.

Janet Drive, but close enough! Here's hoping that with the IPF project, all parties end up happy.

Nate Mink‏@MinkNate 1m
(2/2) University is hopeful construction on indoor football practice facility starts in a few weeks. By Memorial Day roughly.

The starting guards will surely be Nick Robinson and Rob Trudo. Palmer will likely be the first guard off the bench.

My source didn't elaborate any further but perhaps the staff thinks Robinson is better at pass protection than Trudo?
Shocking, considering he played for B'ville