Spring open evaluation period 20-22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring open evaluation period 20-22

That surprises me about Duke, I didn't picture Ennis as a typical pg for their system, I think he'd be much better for how we play. Have we ever gone head to head for a big recruit with UNC? I want Vonleh in Orange more than anyone I can remember. He seems to be a perfect fit for the zone and out offense.

I wasnt even born yet but i think sam perkins came down to us and unc

Francis, I remember you saying that Jefferson's recruitment could turn into a circus, with that in mind is the staff still recruiting him, and isn't he more of a 3 where gbinjie would probably be a 2 for us?

So far today I can confirm that JB has watched Ennis, Anya, Wainright, Dakari Johnson, and Chinonso Obokoh. Johnson has been a monster so far and Obokoh's Albany City Rock squad has a few sleepers on it, hoping to get more info on those players.

The staff is interested in Steve Haney SG from Florida. Haney is one of the better pure shooters in 2013. Expect to hear hear Jermaine Lawrence and Tyler Roberson's name a lot after this weekend.

Wow Stevie Thompson has a son that old already and on SU radar. Damn do I feel old.

^^^^^^
This!

Commenting on a previous poster, if Jr. has the hops his Dad had, we should sign him now. I don't think anyone who put on a Syracuse uniform could elevate like Stevie.

I wasnt even born yet but i think sam perkins came down to us and unc
The battle for Billy Owens was down to SU and UNC, Jeff Lebo and his dad who was Billy's high school coach were selling UNC hard to him but the fact that his brother Michael was already on campus tipped the scales in our favor.

Francis, I remember you saying that Jefferson's recruitment could turn into a circus, with that in mind is the staff still recruiting him, and isn't he more of a 3 where gbinjie would probably be a 2 for us?
JB watched him last night when his team played against Ennis. He's on the radar but I think the PA schools are more willing to do all they can to keep him in-state, and SU does have so many options elsewhere. Even though I personally like Mike G as a 2, JB could envision him as an 2/3 combo.

Are we seriosly interested in whitehead or is he just floating our name out there? Just saw another interview with him saying were at the top of his list. I remember when the fine thing broke his mom said no way he comes here, than tiny morton the next day comes out and says thats totally false...whole thing seems odd

Francis, what have you heard about Okoboh [the Rochester kid]?

Are we seriosly interested in whitehead or is he just floating our name out there? Just saw another interview with him saying were at the top of his list. I remember when the fine thing broke his mom said no way he comes here, than tiny morton the next day comes out and says thats totally false...whole thing seems odd
Lol it's really a funny situation in typical Lincoln fashion. All I can tell you is that the last time somebody from SU saw him play was back in July of last year.

Francis, what have you heard about Okoboh [the Rochester kid]?
He's more of a serious target than some realize. Played well against a 7 footer in the game that JB watched. His Albany City Rock teammate Manny Suarez, was the sleeper that I was told to look out for. He's an 2013 big man with good overall skills.

Re: Whitehead. I think 2 negatives that have dampened significantly his recruiting by SU.
1) Lincoln. Why recruit from a school that we have less than 25% chance of getting; and,
2) Mama Whitehead. Why recruit a kid whose mother may be a major pia.
Whitehead, like many recruits are going to tout many schools that have "offered" when they actually haven't to possibly up the interest by other schools and/or fanbases. Makes them look good. I doubt Whitehead would come here even if he were offered so he won't be offered unless he can convince the school that he is super interested. No doubt he is off our radar. Besides with the strong possibility of Gbijine, Ennis, and then Briscoe where would we need another guard?

P.S.: With all the talk about Ennis I am very much surprised... altho happily. From earlier this year and late last year I had always assumed he was a heavy Arizona lean

THANK YOU for all you do Francis! Here in Rochester people with ties to Bishop Kearney have been telling me since January that Okoboh is a priority for SU. I never really believed them even after I would receive picture texts of Coach B @ practice constantly. The more I analyze I think the staff may be trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Get a solid FOUR YEAR player willing to play his role in Chinoso and also further entice his hs teammate in 2015 Thomas Bryant. Also Coach Boon is attempting to build a hoops factory in our area so they could be starting the inroads now.

I'm a Rochester native that is connected to local HS sports (coach at IHS). Question for stumpy, how is Boon getting these kids? Are Chinonso and Bryant both local kids. BTW, I met Boon at an SU alumni function a few years ago. He brought a couple of his players. I was impressed with the kids as well as Boon. He is doing a heck of a job. They should be the Section V favorites next year. Aquinas lost a lot.

P.S.: With all the talk about Ennis I am very much surprised... altho happily. From earlier this year and late last year I had always assumed he was a heavy Arizona lean
He liked Kansas but I don't believe that's the case anymore. JB is really trying to close this one out asap.

THANK YOU for all you do Francis! Here in Rochester people with ties to Bishop Kearney have been telling me since January that Okoboh is a priority for SU. I never really believed them even after I would receive picture texts of Coach B @ practice constantly. The more I analyze I think the staff may be trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Get a solid FOUR YEAR player willing to play his role in Chinoso and also further entice his hs teammate in 2015 Thomas Bryant. Also Coach Boon is attempting to build a hoops factory in our area so they could be starting the inroads now.
I agree. I think the Anya recruitment could drag out for awhile and Tom Crean has been stalking him all weekend so I'm starting to feel that they'll be the team to beat. Obokoh has played well this weekend against good competition and if it could help us land Bryant down the line, then as Marsh would say "I'm all in" :)