Starting Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting Lineup

You are talking a guy that played a role on the Final Four team vs a guy who couldn't get off the bench at Duke.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Cooney had only himself to compete with for guard minutes off the bench and still saw limited minutes at best for the whole season. I'm hopeful that Cooney can turn things around and become a long-range sniper off the bench like Southerland. On the flipside lets not make it seem like Mike G is a scrub when his upside is 100x higher than Cooney. No disrespect to Cooney, but if a borderline burger boy out of HS can't beat him out for the starting spot then I would be seriously concern.

Ennis
Gbinije
Cj
Rak
Dc

Grant subs for DC or rak as soon as they do something stupid. Cooney is the third guard. I think he gets 20 minutes. Keita is the backup 5. Buss, Bj, and Roberson fight it out for the 9th and 10th spots. I'll be shocked if this isn't what Jb is thinking.

Making a prediction of who starts on a loaded team can be fun, but we have a couple of weeks until this team starts practicing and playing a few games to give us some sense of the potential starting line-up for the upcoming season. This team is very talented, yet the backcourt is untested and unproven, but I am optimistic about Cooney and Gbinije. Cooney is probably a better pure shooter, although I think Gbinije is a better overall player and very capable shooter. Problem is Gbinije does a lot things well and it is sometimes hard to figure out what he does best.

For those that are making judgements now about Gbinije based on his limited opportunity at Duke and the Estonia games, you would be pleasantly surprised how good he is (starter or not). Rest assured he will do just fine.

Here is a little article and video on his performance at the NC Pro Am in his freshman year at Duke to peak your interest.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/07/michael-gbinije-has-a-loud-game/

Gosh, another starting lineup thread? We need season to start so we just know instead.

PG - Ennis
SG - Silent G
SF - CJ
PF - Rak
C - Coleman
6th - Grant
7th - Cooney
8th - Kieta
9th - Patterson
10th - Roberson

IMHO this is the lineup that starts the game, however JB will have Grant in the game within 2-3 minutes for either Rak, or DC, I think Patterson really surprises people this year and ultimately gets more run than Roberson based on the fact that there are only three guards ahead of him, while Roberson has CJ, Grant, Rak and I could even see Gbinije getting some run at the 3 if JB wanted to get more shooters on the floor, just think how we could spread the floor with a lineup of Ennis, Cooney, Gbinije, CJ and DC, that would be 4 good shooters opposing defenses would have to account for. The lineup combinations are almost limitless when you have 3-4 players who can play multiple positions.... Excited for this year!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom