Starting To Believe... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting To Believe...

We can't afford to dig a big hole against UNC like we did last 2, especially late in the game, they are not a team to press

If we play a good first half I'll be more concerned than if we don't.

Does that make sense?

No, it doesn't make sense. We can't keep playing crappy first halves and then doing the Cardiac Kids Comeback routine in the 2nd half. We need to piece together a complete game against UNC.

...That this team can cut down the nets on Monday night. Before you cry "jinx", hear me out.

The biggest thing that I love about this team right now and their chances to win two more games is that during each game of the tournament, they've played their best game of the season.

Dayton - best game to that point.
MTSU - better than Dayton.
Gonzaga - easily our best game.
UVA - topped them all.

This team is playing with so much confidence right now, and they're really firing on all cylinders. Why not us?

I believe. See you in Houston.

Peaking at the right time and playing poised when the pressure mounts are wonderful attributes. Our team has demonstrated both in heaping helpings this postseason.

Let's Go Orange!!!

If we play a good first half I'll be more concerned than if we don't.

Does that make sense?
None of this makes sense anymore. And look who's "wheelhouse" that's in:
SUball

I am surprised that peole are so confident that Buddy Buckets can't drop 40+ on us (leading no doubt to an OU win). The reason I say that is I watched us (not) guard Wiltjer and Perrantes who aren't 1/2 the player and weren't 1/2 as aggressive putting the ball in the hole as Buddy Buckets will be but still went 10/17 from 3 scoring a combined 41 points.

Listen, I am not saying we CAN'T slow him down, it's just that based on past performance, I am not sure we would. I could envision him setting up 25 feet from the hoop on whatever side that Cooney/Howard are guarding and bombing away for 10/17 in addition to the points he would get in the paint and on the foul line (we are sure to foul him).

If we haven't had a complete offensive game in 36 attempts, then it probably is asking too much for everything to come together on Saturday. We don't need to play perfect, we just need to avoid long scoring droughts. Take our chances packing in the zone like we did in our 2nd matchup, and make UNC earn their points.

I was referencing the tournament specifically. We had some really good offensive games during the regular season.

40 minutes like the last 8 against VA and Carolina goes down. Dreamed last night we won it all by making Hield go 0 for 15 from 3.

Cooney plays well against UNC. Cooney/G/Richardson can give us enough. We need Lydon/Coleman/Roberson to get rebounds.

I think Joel James/Bryce Johnson/Kennedy Meeks on the offensive glass is the key to this game.

We rebound we will this game. If we are within 5 rebounds we will this game.

I want Oklahoma to beat Villanova. Hield will get his 30 against us but we will get turnovers and we can confuse the rest.

Villanova would scare me more. Ochefu has carved us up the last 3 years. I want no part of a Nova team that knows how to play against us. Jay Wright hasn't dominated us but he has a winning record.

Plus Nova is favored in Vegas give the underdog.

I am surprised that peole are so confident that Buddy Buckets can't drop 40+ on us (leading no doubt to an OU win). The reason I say that is I watched us (not) guard Wiltjer and Perrantes who aren't 1/2 the player and weren't 1/2 as aggressive putting the ball in the hole as Buddy Buckets will be but still went 10/17 from 3 scoring a combined 41 points.

Listen, I am not saying we CAN'T slow him down, it's just that based on past performance, I am not sure we would. I could envision him setting up 25 feet from the hoop on whatever side that Cooney/Howard are guarding and bombing away for 10/17 in addition to the points he would get in the paint and on the foul line (we are sure to foul him).

He definitely COULD do that. But hopefully, Oklahoma as a team would struggle to execute against a zone that is unlike nothing they have seen. Hield might find it a bit more difficult to get to the basket, or get easy shots in transition against us compared to Oregon.

He definitely COULD do that. But hopefully, Oklahoma as a team would struggle to execute against a zone that is unlike nothing they have seen. Hield might find it a bit more difficult to get to the basket, or get easy shots in transition against us compared to Oregon.
I agree, but after watching Ferrantes and Wiltjer get any 25 footer they wanted, I worry that Hield wouldn't even need transition shots or much penetration to get his.

I also completely agree that the rest of OU is likely to look much worse vs us than Nova would but that Hield could more than make up for the difference.

I agree, but after watching Ferrantes and Wiltjer get any 25 footer they wanted, I worry that Hield wouldn't even need transition shots or much penetration to get his.

I also completely agree that the rest of OU is likely to look much worse vs us than Nova would but that Hield could more than make up for the difference.
I guess you don't get it, JAB does not care about 25-30 ft threes. If you can defy all logic and beat me from that far out, so be it. On the other hand, if a guy is toeing the arc, hitting 3's, somebodies coming out of the game. M2M, zone, I don't care what defence ur playing you don't guard ( in the halfcourt ) against 25-30 foot jump shots.

I guess you don't get it, JAB does not care about 25-30 ft threes. If you can defy all logic and beat me from that far out, so be it. On the other hand, if a guy is toeing the arc, hitting 3's, somebodies coming out of the game. M2M, zone, I don't care what defence ur playing you don't guard ( in the halfcourt ) against 25-30 foot jump shots.
As pleasant as you appear to be to engage, I think I will pass.

But definitely Go Orange!

I really believe they have a great shot. They are winning these last two games on heart and defense alone, other than Malachi's madness. They are due for a good shooting % game. G hasn't really shot well at all lately, but still playing composed with Cooney. And Roberson has been keeping entire teams off the glass by himself lately. This team is playing for each other as hard as I have seen in a long time.

Oh.. and that tall skinny kid that can't play center has tied the NCAA tournament record for having three straight games with 5+ blocks. Thought that was interesting.

Who cares if Buddy drops 40 on us? If the other guys only score 20, we still win. Honestly I am almost more scared of Nova than I am UNC. That team is on a mission, and has been almost as impressive as UNC offensively. Plus their coach is great, as opposed to Roy Boy, who is of course a high functioning . Plus Wright has tons of experience playing against our zone. Will be pulling hard for Oklahoma in the first game, and it's not even close.

If we win, I want no part of Oklahoma. We are better than Oklahoma in my opinion, but Villanova doesn't have one guy who can take a game over like Buddy Hield. I want no part of Hield if we get there. Heck, we had this Villanova team beat last year and we are 10x better this year. They also have little down low presence. So give me Nova all day long.

The only team left with a prototype KenPom National Champion profile is Nova. Top 10 offense, Top 10 defense. Plus Jay Wright knows the zone. I have to think Oklahoma is a better bet. Interestingly, only two other teams this year had the Top 10/Top 10 profile: Kansas and Virginia.

The only team left with a prototype KenPom National Champion profile is Nova. Top 10 offense, Top 10 defense. Plus Jay Wright knows the zone. I have to think Oklahoma is a better bet. Interestingly, only two other teams this year had the Top 10/Top 10 profile: Kansas and Virginia.
Fair enough, it will be tough either way. We have to play well to win any game at this point.

Would love for cooney to go off for 9 3's he's due for a huge game behind the arc and to deliver in a huge game. They are gonna focus on Richardson and Silent G so Cooney might get some good oppurtunites

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom