Status of Indoor Football Facility | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Status of Indoor Football Facility

Just play in dirt do not waste money on turf
They already tried that at Manley in the 50s... it didn't work out too well.

And I want a Shark Tank with Sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads...that'll impress the recruits...oh yeah throw in some fembots too.
I like this but admit I am not really sure what a fembot is.

And I want a Shark Tank with Sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads...that'll impress the recruits...oh yeah throw in some fembots too.
images

Wish list:

• $4-5 mil Dome locker room upgrades (buy a shitload of pink paint for the opposing teams' locker room)
  • Invest some money into the tailgating atmosphere because it currently licks taint. Keep everyone together and allow day-before parking lot admissions for RV's and Bees.

The pink locker room for opposing teams is a good idea. That, or plenty of Orange and Orange history (Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, etc.) Bowl victories, National Championship, etc. just in case they forget who they are playing or who just beat the crap out of them.

I thought Bees already had a super duper special parking pass that lets him park wherever he likes, just because he is the benevolent dictator of this forum, major contributor (I heard he went 1oX on the $ .13 we all need to contribute) and just plain old all around good guy. I could be wrong.

Don't you know Bird Library is sinking? They never factored in the weight of the books!
Wait...what?

Edit: I posted before I thought that one over. It's been a long day. Please ignore me.

If we wanted to depress the opposition into defeat we should paint their locker rooms UConn blue.

Nah just paint some inspirational flashes from Greggers on the wall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Too much baggage to put Browns name on it.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
The least we could do would be to surround the place with the Jim Brown balcony.

The opposing locker room should be painted all black with black lockers. the lighting should be 10 watt bulbs spaced very far apart and they should have a concrete floor with liquid-based in-floor heating - but instead of running hot water through the floor it should be ice cold. The opposing team will come out with uniforms missing and will take them at least one quarter to warm up.

The opposing locker room should be painted all black with black lockers. the lighting should be 10 watt bulbs spaced very far apart and they should have a concrete floor with liquid-based in-floor heating - but instead of running hot water through the floor it should be ice cold. The opposing team will come out with uniforms missing and will take them at least one quarter to warm up.
The shower room should be infested with crocodiles.

My sky in the pie plan would be to make it wide enough on one side to provide seating for 5-6,000 or two sides each with 2500-3000 seats (whichever is cheaper). It would be useful to use for college/high school lacrosse and football games. My simple calculations woud be approximately 200 people per row using bench seating. You could go up 12-15 rows each side...the first rows would have to be about 6' higher than the field.

Another thought is to build it in such a way that it could easily convert to a softball field.

I also think that Manley needs to be retrofitted again to support track and field...during the next Phase...maybe in about 5 years after the turf starts to age at Manley.

Great idea, Mark. I think you can justify 5,000 seats for lacrosse. You can use it for other sports, too, like maybe track.

I'm waiting for the first post here that says, "I will wait until I see what kind of product they put on the field before I part with my hard-earned money."

Oh hell, if all of us just kick in $100, it will really add up.

A couple people here can correct me if I am wrong, but the BOT has been supportive of this for awhile. They have to vote to move forward on it but do not vote on it until there is enough "seed" money to make it viable at which time they approve the ground breaking and the announcement of a major campaign. They do not pay for it themselves as the school although some trustees may be donors themselves. It's not as simple as saying we have more $$$ coming in from the ACC because that $$$ is not in our hands yet. It would be a risk, even if low, to bank on that money. What happens if a few schools do leave for the SEC or B10? Will that change the landscape enough that future ACC monies won't be what people "project" right now.

Basically I can see the AD going to the BOT with a business plan. We have $X now and will still need $Y but here are our plans for raising that $Y and here are the benefits for moving forth with this project now, etc. If the money for Y isn't raised, or enough of it, then that is where the school has to evaluate their risk because other monies will be needed to complete the project.

TGD has been at work it seems both getting that seed money and making his business plan. It was never that the BOT did not want an IPF because they were anti football. When it comes to facilities, schools aren't in the business of paying for them. It's always the state, local govt, donation campaigns, or single big donors.

really informative post. thanks

Too much baggage to put Browns name on it.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I love having Floyd around and part of the program.

Great idea, Mark. I think you can justify 5,000 seats for lacrosse. You can use it for other sports, too, like maybe track.

5000k ain't gonna cut it for lacrosse.

5000k ain't gonna cut it for lacrosse.

5000k is a massive stadium, not sure SU could afford with the whole endowment. 5k maybe but it probably wouldn't be enough for lacrosse. This facility is also hopefully going to be football only, that is the whole point.