Stefon Thompson transferring to Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

Stefon Thompson transferring to Nebraska

That’s too bad, but might not a fit for the scheme. Probably playing behind Diggs was where he was headed.

Stephon Thompson is an excellent player. Is it conceivable we’ve recruited over him?
Love Thompson, was very disappointed that he got injured last year.

But he didn't seem to bounce back physically for the first 2/3 of this year. And he ceded time to Lowery [who was terrific this season]. Wonder about system fit, or if he got the talk due to Heard, Diggs, etc.

This one will sting but he was a rotation player. Should have a good offseason healthy and bounce back.

We need another linebacker or two in the portal now.

Is there a way that I can change my signature? It hasn't been working for me lately. I'd like to now be the "Derek McDonald/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter.

I think McDonald is going to be an absolute star here and hopefully it is next season. He made some plays, both that I saw in the dome and on tv, that had my eyes-popping. There is that extra level of juice you see from special guys and I think I saw glimpses of it.

I liked Stef but he wasnt the same player this year. I hope he can regain his full ability at his next stop. Taking advantage of a fresh start
He wasn't, but sometimes it can take a full season back before you're really "back" from a torn ACL as Bills fans are seeing with Von Miller (but he could just be getting old also). I'll be curious to see what offers he gets besides ASU. I'll bet he has some nice choices. But I've been wrong before :)

Is there a way that I can change my signature? It hasn't been working for me lately. I'd like to now be the "Derek McDonald/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter.

I think McDonald is going to be an absolute star here and hopefully it is next season. He made some plays, both that I saw in the dome and on tv, that had my eyes-popping. There is that extra level of juice you see from special guys and I think I saw glimpses of it.
No they don’t . LB is fine, in particular if they are going 4-2-5. Thompson was probably going to get thrown in the blender at DE and didn’t want to do that.

Nebraska and Iowa St play the 3-3-5. Maybe Minnesota. Wouldn’t be surprised to see NCSt.

Last edited:

Agree about McDonald- big, fast, and ornery. He really stood out to me the last coupla years, much like Darton. I'm hopeful Darton finds a spot moving forward. The kid has heart and a motor that won't stop.

I always thought he had genuine NFL potential. The injury last year really set him back but this is the first transfer that’s stung a little. He wasn’t as great this year but another year of rehab and maybe he returns to form. Wish him all the best and hope he smashes it wherever he ends up at (maybe we can convince him to stay? But I doubt it).

The defensive scheme change may also contribute to this decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom