Sterling Gibbs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sterling Gibbs

He's supposed to be a good kid. He probably feels awful. Still, that was bad.

He is going to get punished and rightly so.

Just hope it isnt excessive because of the lynch mob. 5 games would be pretty severe.

Kind of tired of the "That's not who I am" excuse. I know emotions get the best of all of us but he obviously did it on purpose.

They are who we thought they were...Seton Hall.
The Big East ain't gonna let him off the hook, though.

Terrible moment for that guy, whom I hadn't thought about before today. As CusefanATL already observed, though, got to respect the instant apology and acceptance of responsibility.

Kind of tired of the "That's not who I am" excuse. I know emotions get the best of all of us but he obviously did it on purpose.

I don't think he was saying he didn't do it on purpose. 'That's not who I am' generally means the action isn't in line with how that person lives or tries to live his/her life. I don't know the guy or if he likes punching people all the time or not, but I doubt he was arguing it was unintentional

Just hope it isnt excessive because of the lynch mob. 5 games would be pretty severe.
Agreed. I think he should get more than 1 game, which is typical for a punch. 2-3 seems right. No need to punish him by taking away the rest of the season. It was a mistake, and he's already owned up to it.

you've never let the emotions get the best of you? I have plenty of times - probably not this bad, but still. And also not on national TV.

Eh, I miss the good ole' days when DC could run around throwing haymakers and every once in awhile u could throw a punch!!!

That though, was not a punch. No suspension!!

Then you remember him constantly gettiing away with fouling Cooney off the ball and then flopping at a PhD level when Cooney gave him a love tap.
sounds like a referee problem

From a moral standpoint - boooooo

From a 'it's Arcidiacono' standpoint - yayyyy
It makes me think of this (particularly starting at the 1:56 mark..."there's something that just makes you want to hit him") :

Long clip, but hilarious, classic Kids in the Hall stuff.

I don't think he was saying he didn't do it on purpose. 'That's not who I am' generally means the action isn't in line with how that person lives or tries to live his/her life. I don't know the guy or if he likes punching people all the time or not, but I doubt he was arguing it was unintentional

It is obvious that he doesn't do this all the time, the guy doesn't even know how to throw a real punch...

5 games would not be too severe. He sucker punched a kid when he was lying on the floor. 5 games is where the conversation starts

I really wish I could find the punch JJ Barea threw in a game up here at UVM. That was a punk move.

How many games did Chris Paul get for nut punching an opponent at Wake?

Several points.

First, no excuse for the forearm smash. Deserves suspension

Second, Gibbs is generally known as a good kid. That doesn't matter here.

Third, Gibbs' apology does seem genuine and not PR-manufactured. Arcidiacono accepted it. That may have mitigated the suspension down to 2 games.

Fourth, people are entitled to their opinions. But perhaps expressions of support for Gibbs' action towards the recipient should be re-thought. They cast a shadow on this board.

It's official. 2 game suspension by Seton Hall and Big East supports that. I think that's fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom