Stewart-Ward video | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Stewart-Ward video

Just listened to it and have to say I was pretty underwhelmed. The whole culture things ignores the millions of fans not located in the south. Upstate NY is full of them. The Midwest is full of them. The southwest as well. NASCAR may have originated from bootleggers in the south but it is a country wide sport at this point. They just had 90k plus in Watkins Glen last week for a road course of all things. That is more than the Bills get on an average Sunday.

His take on the death penalty was an interesting point. I wonder if that boils down to having more catholics vs. protestants? In my limited and biased experience it does seem like evangelicals are more eye for an eye where as catholics and episcopalians are against the DP.

Marty Smith, the guy Cowherd interviewed, said that he "vehemently" didn't believe that Tony Stewart intentionally hit him. Cowherd, (always trying to press his interview to confirm what Cowherd has already said), asked if there were drivers who publically said that they didn't think Stewsrt ran Ward over who privately have said they think he might have. Smith said: "No."

I listened to both the Cowherd podcasts and they confirmed why I stopped listening to his show: it's all about his ill-informed lectures. His chosen theme is that the south has an eye for and eye culture and so this is the NASCAR way and that's what killed Kevin Ward. He's as guilty of jumping to conclusions as those who give Stewart a pass because they are fans of his and don't care about Kevin Ward.

re read my post. Wasn't referring to the article but the comment below from the sprint car driver bccom found down below in the comments.

I found Kiahuna's comments below that article to be the most informative. Example:

"Just an informational warning to people looking at various videos of this incident. There are TWO initial videos out there of this incident that appear identical but are not.

ONE of the videos has the engine sound people claim is Stewart occurring before his car comes into the picture. This is the video many have said sounded like it was recording another car nearer the camera position and not Stewart's. THIS video is NOT accurate.

The other video ... which as near as I can tell is the very first video posted - at Deadspin.com at 12:08am that Sunday - is the accurate one. In it the engine noise from Stewart's car is properly synced to the reaction of the car. The motor rev's for a quick burst at the same time the back end of the car jumps to the left - which is exactly what a car with big right rear stagger will do when power applied.

This power application was after the nose of the car had passed Ward - and as Ward was on the right side of the car.

Due to the large endplate on the main (top) wing the driver has virtually no visibility to the right of the car. Stewart would not have been able to see Ward, but experience would have told him if he blipped the throttle, the rear of the car would jump left, away from Ward.

Had he braked, the car would slide up the track and the rear would have rotated to the right ... and into Ward"

SWC75 said:
I found Kiahuna's comments below that article to be the most informative. Example: "Just an informational warning to people looking at various videos of this incident. There are TWO initial videos out there of this incident that appear identical but are not. ONE of the videos has the engine sound people claim is Stewart occurring before his car comes into the picture. This is the video many have said sounded like it was recording another car nearer the camera position and not Stewart's. THIS video is NOT accurate. The other video ... which as near as I can tell is the very first video posted - at Deadspin.com at 12:08am that Sunday - is the accurate one. In it the engine noise from Stewart's car is properly synced to the reaction of the car. The motor rev's for a quick burst at the same time the back end of the car jumps to the left - which is exactly what a car with big right rear stagger will do when power applied. This power application was after the nose of the car had passed Ward - and as Ward was on the right side of the car. Due to the large endplate on the main (top) wing the driver has virtually no visibility to the right of the car. Stewart would not have been able to see Ward, but experience would have told him if he blipped the throttle, the rear of the car would jump left, away from Ward. Had he braked, the car would slide up the track and the rear would have rotated to the right ... and into Ward"

While you and I are on the same side here, I've never been in, or seen a sprint car that jumped left after punching the throttle. Everyone one that I've been in, or have seen, you hit the gas, the rear end goes right. Which is what they are aet up to do.

If you have a car that wants to kick left when given gas, You're not having much fun on a dirt oval.

I do agree that locking up the brakes would have kicked the rear end right.

In my life, I've never seen a situation where a winged sprint car has been able to throw the rear end left, brakes or throttle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom