STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

A. Skytop is available (awesome tailgating, easy to add friends to your tailgate here as they can pay cash to park for a single game, inside bathrooms available) $100
Could you elaborate on the bathroom situation at Skytop?

I'll share a few tidbits I have learned about the seating and parking this year:

all this was passed on by ticket reps or what I found on the websites

1. Those $99 tickets in the upper end zones are only available to those with zip codes starting with: 12, 13, 14. They are blocked off those cheap seats and you need to call your ticket rep to buy. If you are a long time STH'er you might be able to get approval to buy even if you live outside those zipcodes.

2. IMHO, they are holding back some $125 seats in the upper sideline areas. Once again call your ticket rep to see what is available at $125 in a certain section.

3. SU reset your annual donation dues from a July 1st start to Jan 1st start. Many of us have seen our priority ranking dropped. I think this is temporary.

4. Don't yell at your ticket rep, they have nothing to do with the price increase of some seats.

5. My subjective opinion: a sideline $125 seat is worth the extra $26 over the upper endzone seats.

6. Parking has some availability to purchase parking right now. These are the non priority areas. Log into MyCuse account, click on buy tickets, click on "Select" 2022 Football Season Parking Passes Priority area parking will be available to purchase mid/late spring.

A. Skytop is available (awesome tailgating, easy to add friends to your tailgate here as they can pay cash to park for a single game, inside bathrooms available) $100
B. Manley North my best value, close enough to walk but shuttle available too. Indoor bathrooms should be available. Pretty easy access to I-81 $100
C. Harrison on the hill so you walk up and through the quad to get to the Dome. Really easy access to I-81 north after the game. $150
D. Premium lots like around The Quad and Stadium West will require some sort of donation minimum or priority point ranking. Each seat you buy (even the $99 seats) has a built in donation. So if you like your premium parking locations maybe that $300+ seat has a benefit.
E. I heard parking prices should be the same this year.

I purchased a Manley North parking pass and it mentioned "I will be auto-enrolled into the parking selection process to have the option to upgrade your parking pass." Do you know if this is this something new or how it's usually done each year?

Sadly, I dropped my season tickets today. They were the best seats I ever had. We weren't able to use them for many games last season, for a number of reasons. Living in Colorado has its downside. With the cost of our seats going up, the per game cost for the few games we can get to makes it seem better to buy single game tickets for specific games. I may be in CNY all fall, but thought that last year as well. I liked being a season ticket holder no matter where I lived. It helped to maintain a link to CNY for me. Maybe I'll be back as a STH soon but not 2022...

I purchased a Manley North parking pass and it mentioned "I will be auto-enrolled into the parking selection process to have the option to upgrade your parking pass." Do you know if this is this something new or how it's usually done each year?
They did it before...can't hurt to enroll. You can always keep your Manley North.

BTW, MANLEY NORTH IS GETTING CLOSE TO SELL OUT! Less than 30 passes left.

Last edited:
My understanding is there is indoor plumbing at one location up there...otherwise porta-potties. Any skytop tailgater please clarify...thanks
Thank you. I could not remember if there were ports-potties. I also wondered if whatever building is being used for bathrooms could be counted-on to always be open.

I have a question, so now that I have my Manley North spot, I can’t be bumped out during the upgrade process right? Because I don’t want to upgrade or be downgraded I like where we are.

I have a question, so now that I have my Manley North spot, I can’t be bumped out during the upgrade process right? Because I don’t want to upgrade or be downgraded I like where we are.
You should be good since you are the lowest tier...they can move new folks or premium refugees to OrangeXtreme 's slum lot or with the functional alcoholics up at Skytop.

Last edited:

You can end up at Manley South with the rest of us steerage passengers.

They did it before...can't hurt to enroll. You can always keep your Manley North.

BTW, MANLEY NORTH IS GETTING CLOSE TO SELL OUT! Less than 30 passes left.
so passes are selling out and they havent even contacted people that they are for sale or that we need to buy them?

and the parking process isnt until may so why are they selling passes now so far ahead?

so passes are selling out and they havent even contacted people that they are for sale or that we need to buy them?

and the parking process isnt until may so why are they selling passes now so far ahead?
If you already has an existing pass you should be okay. This is primarily for new STH'ers and those that want to move to a new non-premium lot.

I'll share a few tidbits I have learned about the seating and parking this year:

1. Those $99 tickets in the upper end zones are only available to those with zip codes starting with: 12, 13, 14. They blocked off those cheap seats and you need to call your ticket rep to buy. If you are a long time STH'er you might be able to get approval to buy even if you live outside those zip codes.

2. IMHO, they are holding back some $125 seats in the upper sideline areas. Once again call your ticket rep to see what is available at $125 in a certain section.

3. SU reset your annual donation dues from a July 1st start to Jan 1st start. Many of us have seen our priority ranking dropped. I think this is temporary.

4. Don't yell at your ticket rep, they have nothing to do with the price increase of some seats.

5. My subjective opinion: a sideline $125 seat is worth the extra $26 over the upper endzone seats.

6. Row F in the 200's is probably a great value at $175.

7. Parking Lots: Some availability to purchase right now. These are the non priority areas. Log into MyCuse account, click on buy tickets, click on "Select" 2022 Football Season Parking Passes. Priority area parking (like Stadium West) will be available to purchase mid/late spring.

B. Manley North best value IMHO, close enough to walk on nice weather days but shuttle available too. Indoor bathrooms should be available. Pretty easy access to I-81 $100
C. Harrison on the hill so you walk up and through the quad to get to the Dome. Really easy access to I-81 north after the game. $150
D. Premium lots like around The Quad and Stadium West will require some sort of donation minimum or priority point ranking. Each seat you buy (even the $99 seats) has a built in donation. So if you like your premium parking locations maybe that $300+ seat has a benefit.
Spot on with all of this. I love the Manley North lot. It's not a bad walk at all, especially on those beautiful October days when the sun is out. You also don't have to worry about missing the last bus if you hang around for a while on Marshall St.
I just re-upped my upper end zone tix and added 2 more on the end of my regulars. I'm as pumped up for this season as I was for 2019 :oops:

1. Those $99 tickets in the upper end zones are only available to those with zip codes starting with: 12, 13, 14. They blocked off those cheap seats and you need to call your ticket rep to buy. If you are a long time STH'er you might be able to get approval to buy even if you live outside those zip codes.

6. Row F in the 200's is probably a great value at $175.

7. Parking Lots: Some availability to purchase right now. These are the non priority areas. Log into MyCuse account, click on buy tickets, click on "Select" 2022 Football Season Parking Passes. Priority area parking (like Stadium West) will be available to purchase mid/late spring.

B. Manley North best value IMHO, close enough to walk on nice weather days but shuttle available too. Indoor bathrooms should be available. Pretty easy access to I-81 $100
Where are the inside bathrooms at Skytop? I've only seen the port-a-potties there.

Where are the inside bathrooms at Skytop? I've only seen the port-a-potties there.
I don't tailgate up there. My understanding there are some up there. Hopefully someone can either confirm or tell me there are none.

Do they open up the softball or track facilities?

Gonna sting when you see students not in those seats for random games. Glad to hear theyre expanding as they clearly see a need, but stinks for the fans in this instance
Hundred percent agree on this topic very good idea!
The kids obviously make the most noise, but rowdy! Make the environment that much harder for the opponent so I a % agree on that.

I mean hey if the kids want to SHOW, let em show up, don't put a number on it! Besides it's not like the football tickets are that expensive for normal people that go to the game anyway so I don't think they're losing that much in terms of ticket prices plus these kids have money I'm sure they spend a lot of money at the games

If they built clubs behind each A level, it would add a lot. Club 44 is an inconvenient location. If they had a club each behind 101, 119, 301, 319 you have value added. Rope off the concourse between 302-336 and 318-320, with an attendant checking to allow access. Then redo the whole area. Get rid of the concession stands and current bathrooms. Add carpeting, lounge chairs, bar height tables, etc. Larger TVs and speakers so you don't miss anything when getting food or drink. Have higher end food available for purchase. A full bar. Clean bathrooms with attendants to make sure it stays that way. People would be lining up to be preferred and you could charge even more.
iOW, the Madison club. It certainly works in the garden.

Time to call him.
yep weird... i contacted the ticket office through my cuse when i first heard about the students taking some of 308 and got a call back the next day

I don't tailgate up there. My understanding there are some up there. Hopefully someone can either confirm or tell me there are none.

Do they open up the softball or track facilities?
I haven't parked at Skytop in years, but about 3-4 years ago I had to park there because I had given my parking pass to someone. They had paved and striped the lot, and built a permanent bathroom building in the middle of it. One side men, one side women. They were clean, with running water and soap. Really convenient. My wife walks all the way to Starbucks when we tailgate behind Lawrinson. Probably the only thing about Skytop that made me think parking there might be worth it.

No pee troughs though.

I see the bills raised ticket prices.. $200 a seat in the lower deck and $20-50 in the upper levels..

Bills tickets on avg are about $100 a game

I see the bills raised ticket prices.. $200 a seat in the lower deck and $20-50 in the upper levels..

Bills tickets on avg are about $100 a game
SU is a bargain and you don't have to have to risk back issues falling on tables. Tailgate weather in mid/late Fall can be absolute crap. You know you can sit in 72 not 27 degrees for the game. Big advantage to the Dome to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom