STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

Totally agree. I keep bouncing between not renewing and getting single game tickets for a handful of games or moving to a different section that’s cheaper.
Lots of nice seats at the $125 level...just saying

You're a fan, you're allowed to be spoiled and whiny and everything that comes along with it. Your seats, your section, your tailgate, etc - all of that matters.

Just for curiosity I wanted to see what the right side of 320 (Bees' affected area) has been priced at over the years. SU has a bigger problem than just this section, but for continuity..

2015 - "Preferred C" - $475/t, Above Row M - $225/t
2016 - "Preferred C" - $475/t, Above Row M - $225/t
2017 - All seats, $225/t
2018 - All seats, $225/t
2019 - All seats, $225/t ($150 ticket, $75 donation)
2020 - COVID
2021 - All seats, $225/t ($150 ticket, $75 donation)
2022 - (estimating) 1st 12 rows, $500, next 8 rows $350, next 8 rows $300, the rest $125

Make that make sense... anyone? Lol.

In 320, first 10 rows $500, rows 11-15 $350, rows 16-20 $300, rows 21 - top row $125

Last edited:

In 320, first 10 rows $500, rows 11-15 $350, rows 16-20 $300, rows 21 -top $125
It is almost like there was a plan to move fans up towards the top rows of the third level/ensure as few as possible sit near the bottom of the section. I get charging more for seats near the 50, and more for seats in the first couple of rows. But the vast variance in pricing for only a couple of rows, maybe 50 feet, is hard to understand.

Dr Gross made a lot of awful decisions that drove crowds where almost no one sat between the 40 yard lines. I think we are going to see large areas of seating that are featured prominently on TV that are going to be empty for almost every game.

The people that made these decisions will learn from them and things wil eventually get better,

In 320, first 10 rows $500, rows 11-15 $350, rows 16-20 $300, rows 21 - top row $125

Is that for reals? Someone in row 10 is paying $500 while someone in row 21 is paying $125? A $375 difference fro 11 rows?

Is there any where else where the upper deck seats are the same price as the lower? It is crazy that A lower and A upper are the same. Obviously one is more desirable than the other. Being lazy and keeping all A level the same (both lower and upper) has a lot to do with the messed up pricing.

Pricing probably should be:

$99 stays $99
$125 end zone should be $150 (those seats are worth at least $20 a game)
$125 sideline should be $225
$300 D should be $300
$350 C should be $375
$500 B should be $450
$650 A should be $550

Lowering the gaps to $75 allows you to have multiple price points in the same section. Also there is no need for 4 prices in one section. Make it three. For example 301 first 50% of rows are A, next 25% are B, and last 25% are C. Then 302 1st 50% B, next 25% C, last 25% D.

Lower Bowl is more desirable (look at the difference in open seats) so I would go with:

$225 end zone should be $250
$300 D should be $350
$350 C should be $450
$500 B should be $550
$650 A should be $700

Edit

Last season row 10 was $225 and row 21 was also $225. This season row 10 is $500 and row 21 is $125. That makes total sense. It is bad enough that the person in row 10 has to deal with a 2.2x ($275) increase, but SU kicks them while they are down by reducing the person 11 rows back by 50%.

Last edited:
It is almost like there was a plan to move fans up towards the top rows of the third level/ensure as few as possible sit near the bottom of the section. I get charging more for seats near the 50, and more for seats in the first couple of rows. But the vast variance in pricing for only a couple of rows, maybe 50 feet, is hard to understand.

Dr Gross made a lot of awful decisions that drove crowds where almost no one sat between the 40 yard lines. I think we are going to see large areas of seating that are featured prominently on TV that are going to be empty for almost every game.

The people that made these decisions will learn from them and things wil eventually get better,
Get better how - cut the premium costs next year? They won't charge less than this year for the impacted sections, that would be admitting a screw up.

Get better how - cut the premium costs next year? They won't charge less than this year for the impacted sections, that would be admitting a screw up.

If I am SU I would be livid over the upper deck pricing model. It is embarrassing, and a head should roll. They can "fix it" and still save face by creating different premium sections.

The price differences lower bowl between A through D mostly make sense (although C to D is too small IMO). The pricing works because A is between the 40s, B 25 to 40, C 10 to 25, and D end zone to 10. But upper deck you have sections with A and B and C and D seating. There is little difference. We are talking 10 rows instead of 10 yards.

SU could keep A-D as is next season. Then in the upper deck have new levels E-H with pricing that makes sense. That way it doesn't seem like a mistake this season. Most stadiums are not going to charge the same for lower deck as upper anyway. I think SU does it out of ignorance or laziness.

Edit

They could rectify it this season if they really wanted to. Send out an email saying...

It has come to our attention that there are inefficiencies in the upper deck pricing model. To rectify the situation we are adjusting to the following:

$125 sideline will remain $125
D will now be $225 instead of $300
C will now be $325 instead of $350
B will now be $425 instead of $500
A will now be $550 instead of $650

There is still a $300 price gap in some sections but SU is kinda stuck keeping those $125 tickets when they should have never been reduced in the 1st place. Next season if they go back to $225 then the problem can be solved.

Last edited:
This will be an interesting experiment, the free market will have its say as STH are a savy group for the most part. It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out. I suspect a lot more people in the $125 and $99 upper deck sections.

I agree understanding the issue, seems to be the issue for them.. I dont get at all why they charge $99-125 for those upperdeck tickets but what are they charging on a per game basis.. Say you charge $150 for those. Thats a great price $20for each game and $30 for ND. Now what do you charge for single games up there $30/$40? You have to do something to entice people to buy ST and not one offs

A movie these days is $15+ for reg shows now so Fb should be worth more than that even in the cheap seats.

Maybe the studies have them thinking of the 20-25K of STH they will lose 10% because of the increase but make more than that with the increases?

no reason to charge $99 anywhere to get people into the house because those people are not upgrading anyway and $99 or $150 its still cheap.

but I also see no value in the $500 seats especially in the lower bowl

This will be an interesting experiment, the free market will have its say as STH are a savy group for the most part. It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out. I suspect a lot more people in the $125 and $99 upper deck sections.
I do wonder.. Great my prices went down.. but I also liked not having idiots sitting all around me spilling beer all game long.. might have to move down to get away from that.

I do wonder.. Great my prices went down.. but I also liked not having idiots sitting all around me spilling beer all game long.. might have to move down to get away from that.
Yeah, we’ll see how it goes. If it’s too rowdy we will definitely be moving down to the lower bowl in 2023. We shall see.

Is that for reals? Someone in row 10 is paying $500 while someone in row 21 is paying $125? A $375 difference fro 11 rows?

Is there any where else where the upper deck seats are the same price as the lower? It is crazy that A lower and A upper are the same. Obviously one is more desirable than the other. Being lazy and keeping all A level the same (both lower and upper) has a lot to do with the messed up pricing.

Pricing probably should be:

$99 stays $99
$125 end zone should be $150 (those seats are worth at least $20 a game)
$125 sideline should be $225
$300 D should be $300
$350 C should be $375
$500 B should be $450
$650 A should be $550

Lowering the gaps to $75 allows you to have multiple price points in the same section. Also there is no need for 4 prices in one section. Make it three. For example 301 first 50% of rows are A, next 25% are B, and last 25% are C. Then 302 1st 50% B, next 25% C, last 25% D.

Lower Bowl is more desirable (look at the difference in open seats) so I would go with:

$225 end zone should be $250
$300 D should be $350
$350 C should be $450
$500 B should be $550
$650 A should be $700

Edit

Last season row 10 was $225 and row 21 was also $225. This season row 10 is $500 and row 21 is $125. That makes total sense. It is bad enough that the person in row 10 has to deal with a 2.2x ($275) increase, but SU kicks them while they are down by reducing the person 11 rows back by 50%.
$125 end zone is appropriate, IMHO. $150 is too much. One row difference would be a 50% jump in price. The end zone is where you get the new fans...the fans on a budget.

I agree that 4 price zones in upper deck near midfield is too much.

I'm in 320 in the lower 10 rows to the right of the aisle as you walk up. These seats were Premium C IIRC about 5 years ago. They made them $225 seats when demand dropped. They were one of the best values in the Dome at $225. Now at $500 they are not. However, I rationalize that I always donated extra money anyways to ensure Stadium West parking so it was a wash for me.

Sit up high in: 302, 318, 320 or 336...Best $125 value in the Dome.

David127 even if you bought $99 seats, maybe you look at these? Call your ticket rep. You get great views of both endzones.

Last edited:
What are folks feelings about the 200's two tiered pricing? I'm assuming it is $225 in the first 5-6 rows then $175 as you move under the overhang.

Last edited:

They are pricing what’s it worth to you to not walk those extra 10, 20 rows. It’s a reason why I’m in lower B, I don’t want to deal with it anymore.

They are pricing what’s it worth to you to not walk those extra 10, 20 rows. It’s a reason why I’m in lower B, I don’t want to deal with it anymore.
I agree...the ticket folks are experts in this. I want to be near the section's Sallyport (entrance) so I can get out and and buy a drink or visit the Stainless Shrine (still there in the 300s) during a TV timeout and not miss a play. Also, at the end of a close game I can get out quicker if I don't stay to linger. I just think 2 or 3 price points for a section like 320 might be more appropriate.

I agree...the ticket folks are experts in this. I want to be near the section's Sallyport (entrance) so I can get out and and buy a drink or visit the Stainless Shrine (still there in the 300s) during a TV timeout and not miss a play. Also, at the end of a close game I can get out quicker if I don't stay to linger. I just think 2 or 3 price points for a section like 320 might be more appropriate.
It’s fine, first class, economy plus, economy, steerage

What are folks feelings about the 200's tow tiered pricing? I'm assuming it is $225 in the first 5-6 rows then $175 as you move under the overhang.
I think the first 5 rows deserved to be priced more but I figured it would be a $50-75 bump. Just a little more than expected. They are nice seats if you can get within those first 5 rows.

It’s fine, first class, economy plus, economy, steerage
Yeah that is the same. If first class had the same seats and amenities as economy, no one would fly first class. There is zero value add in section 320 row 10 vs row 21.

Yeah but you are using points from business travel to upgrade. :p:p
The marginal increase is a trip to the grocery store, a round of golf at a nice facility, maybe three tanks of gas.

Yeah that is the same. If first class had the same seats and amenities as economy, no one would fly first class. There is zero value add in section 320 row 10 vs row 21.
Are you saying being on the rail isn’t better than row 10 or row 21? And there is a sizable population that not walking those ten steps has significant value.

people know what the price points are and will decide accordingly. Everything else is a bunch of noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom