STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

$225 for that section, lower aisles was a steal. SU screwed up making them that low. I can understand wanting to get the section back up to where it belongs, but you cannot do so in one giant swoop.

Looking at the upper sidelines map they probably should have done:

A- $600
B- $500
C- $400
D- $300
non premium $200

The gaps between sections are too large. Instead of $100 gaps we have $150, $150, $50, $175. It makes zero sense to sit in D. You can either pay $50 more and move up, or $175 less and move back. D level is the worst value given that none of the seats are great.

Edit

This pricing makes it impossible to up sell. If you are in the $125 seats there is no way you move up 10 rows to get $300 seats. Same can be said for the $350 seats moving up 10 rows to the $500 seats, and for the $500 seats moving 10 rows up to the $650 seats. There needs to be a value added and 10 rows is not worth $150-$175 for the same section. Heck moving over one section close to the 50 isn't even worth those gaps. So the lower bowl is out of whack too.

but... the outside firm!!!!! they have more experience!!!!!

Don't punish the players for pricing decisions made by the AD. Find new seats and support the program (though I understand why lots of ppl are upset).

Completely get this viewpoint but also punish the AD for poor decisions made by the AD

Also, a little infuriating that yesterday they told me “if there’s anything we can do to get you to re-commit let us know.” So I sent a message yesterday afternoon asking if they would cover my three seat backs and cushions and if they could at least do that, I would re-up right away.

It’s now been almost 24hrs and I’ve yet to be contacted…not even a “let me check on it” or “no that won’t work”

It’s making me feel certainly feel even less valued as a season ticket holder than I was previously….

Of course they could be overwhelmed so I will give them until tomorrow before giving up hope but….
I'd take that offer in a second if I was SU. You've been very reasonable in this thread. A lot of people aren't when they are upset. Sucks for SU to possibly blow it with fans like you.

You're right - the $475 was if you were FB only. I believe having basketball preferred C meant football was the cost of the ticket + maybe $10? in additional donation.
Here’s what my records show going back to 2015.

Preferred 385
Football 205
Basketball 460

Preferred-395
Football-205
Basketball-460

Preferred 350
Football 225
Basketball 460

Preferred 350
Football 250
Basketball 460

Football 225
Basketball 460/350

2020 No Fans

Football 225
Basketball 460/350

Football 225/275
Basketball TBD

Interesting that they're moving them that far over. Wonder if they're getting rid of the other side overflow to free them up for away (ND) fans? Seems like that other side is almost never used.

We're in 309. Haven't received any calls as of yet.
No one likes talking to you, only thing saving us

Here’s what my records show going back to 2015.

Preferred 385
Football 205
Basketball 460

Preferred-395
Football-205
Basketball-460

Preferred 350
Football 225
Basketball 460

Preferred 350
Football 250
Basketball 460

Football 225
Basketball 460/350

2020 No Fans

Football 225
Basketball 460/350

Football 225/275
Basketball TBD

The dual FB/BBall donation made everything out of whack. if you look at the 2015 seating chart

A $855 vs $650 in 2022
B $630 vs $500
C $475 vs $350
D $395 vs $300
Lower Sideline $225 vs NA
Lower Corner $225 vs $225
Lower Endzone $205 vs $225
Upper Sideline $225 vs $125
Upper Corner/Endzone $125 vs $125
High Upper Endzone $99 vs $99

Edit

Here is 2017 the 1st year after dual donation was taken away. In terms of up selling it was a good model. I do think the prices were too low and the preferreds were too small.

A $500
B $400
C $300
D $250
Lower Sideline $225
Lower Corner $125
Lower Endzone $125
Upper Sideline $225
Upper Corner/Endzone $125

Last edited:
They claim that there hasn't been in an increase since 2014 and that we're at the bottom of the ACC in pricing, which seems accurate. I'm sure they figured the premium seats were less price sensitive and targeted accordingly. But they'll get data and hopefully adjust. i do think it's insane that the change is so abrupt in some areas where you can move a row and get a huge discount. It shouldn't be that much of a steep drop off.

Recalibrating the zones vs. flat increases were going to create issues the first year they did it. They probably could have handled it differently (over time, phased for most impacted, especially for loyal holders). That would have been my suggestion. But at some point in time, they figured they had to rip the band aid off.

Would love bnoro's insight on this whole topic. I have no insight into ticketing and strategies so we're all just making stuff up.

But it's clear this has angered a lot of fans based on what I was told.

They claim that there hasn't been in an increase since 2014 and that we're at the bottom of the ACC in pricing, which seems accurate. I'm sure they figured the premium seats were less price sensitive and targeted accordingly. But they'll get data and hopefully adjust. i do think it's insane that the change is so abrupt in some areas where you can move a row and get a huge discount. It shouldn't be that much of a steep drop off.

Recalibrating the zones vs. flat increases were going to create issues the first year they did it. They probably could have handled it differently (over time, phased for most impacted, especially for loyal holders). That would have been my suggestion. But at some point in time, they figured they had to rip the band aid off.

Would love bnoro's insight on this whole topic. I have no insight into ticketing and strategies so we're all just making stuff up.

The claim that there hasn’t been an increase since 2014 is incorrect.

Really the corners and endzone sections are more than fine. The preferred price hikes and gaps between each level make no sense. The upper sideline pricing is plain old inept. Why were tickets that have been $225 for years reduced to $125? Why is upper preferred still the same price as the lower despite a complete lack of demand? How can you justify going from $225 to $500? $500 to $650?

My section 301 is always empty. You can go check right now and see that ball park 25% are available. If you look at 319 it appears to be close to 50% available. That is with $500 pricing. Lower A is pretty full. Upper A is widely available. That shouldn't be.

Edit

Pitt lower level 50 yard line is sold out so I didn't find a price. Upper level 50 yard line is $360 while ours is $650. Lower level one section over from 50 is also $360 while ours is $400.

BC upper deck 50 yard line 9th row is $375. Ours is $650.

Don't feed me BS on SU being cheaper.

Last edited:

Yeah he kept emphasizing that to me on the phone too…and I told him I wasn’t sure if that was exactly accurate either….

Yeah he kept emphasizing that to me on the phone too…and I told him I wasn’t sure if that was exactly accurate either….

For the ticket alone they went from 205 to 220 to 225 since 2014. Not big jumps but they have risen.

There’s also been the additional preferred seating cost for football. I use to pay $800 for both football and basketball. Now I pay $1,075 plus the smaller increases in season ticket prices. To say they haven’t increased is wrong. This is for one seat.

It was a weird talking point to emphasize -- must have been written by the same person who claimed there would be sellouts...

trying to work with the combined seat priority thing makes it all a mess too.. The effort to hook people into buying both skewed things too far..

It was a weird talking point to emphasize -- must have been written by the same person who claimed there would be sellouts...

Largest Dome crowds (49k+) this century:

50,248 Clemson 2019
49,237 Miami 2000

Yet we are getting multiple sellouts this year!!!

Edit

Another tidbit that I found (not a sellout) from 2013

A crowd of 48,961 packed into the Carrier Dome on Saturday to watch SU’s (2-3, 0-1 Atlantic Coast) Atlantic Coast Conference debut, the largest crowd since 2000

They called me this morning, so I’m sure you will be getting called soon as well. We put our deposit down the day it opened up so they’re probably just going down the list. The guy who called is now our ticket rep, nice guy. Very good customer service.
Still no call so looks like I'll have to call in the morning. As someone who works in relationship based sales, this is not a good way to start a relationship. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here as I'm sure they're inundated now. Still don't know why they couldn't reach out before the price announcement, just to establish contact?

Still no call so looks like I'll have to call in the morning. As someone who works in relationship based sales, this is not a good way to start a relationship. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here as I'm sure they're inundated now. Still don't know why they couldn't reach out before the price announcement, just to establish contact?

Your account rep is probably Vanessa.

She’s awful over there

If I’m understanding, the account reps work for a third party firm, correct?

Correct
Technically correct. But the team is dedicated to Syracuse University and is on site. The manager of the team is the same person who was a Syracuse employee prior to the partnership. They operate under SU policies and procedures. The only substantive difference is where their paychecks come from.

I'll be sitting top row of 326 like I have been for the last probably dozen years or so. I'm into it, probably too much sometimes. :cool:
Your seats went from $125 to $99 congrats

You can buy 3 extra beers per seat!

I read one of the excuses for raising prices was 7 home games. So will they lower the ticket prices when we only have 6 home games?
Possibly but SU is trying to get 7 games a year at home.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom