Students Need To Be Called Out... | Syracusefan.com

Students Need To Be Called Out...

Ish88888

All American
Not that they care. Zero excuses yesterday to blow off the game. Great weather, great start time, top 20 team. The student section was 40% full ay most and a bunch of the hypocrites came into the dome to get on the field when it looked like we were going to pull off the win. Pathetic. Could have rolled outta bed at 3 after a Friday night/morning bender.

i noticed there were no parties going when we road the bus to the game by the frats.. usually its packed outside before a game..

I saw some students sitting in "premium" seats. I don't know if they themselves decided to disburse or if they were just allowed to sit in empty seats. I also noted that in our section, the normal ushers weren't there and weren't checking everyone's tickets as fans entered. I don't know if this was a purposeful change or just a one shot difference.

The students will come once we start winning consistently. The product last night was fantastic. Even if we lose playing like that, it's an exciting kind of football that is easy to get behind. The students will come around. But there has been no culture of supporting football for a long time. If you went to Rutgers or back in the day temple, woukd you have gone to a bbq on a beautiful fall day or a game that would be sloppily played that you were likely to lose ? People on this board know the history and are excited to relive it. The students think they go to a basketball school with a football problem. Winning and offense will change that narrative. Just watch it transform over the next few years.

If I am Dino I host a pre game pizza party in the dome.. nothing draws kids like free pizza.. if only the drinking age would go back to 18 life would be easier.

Free pizza gets you to a student club meeting on a Tuesday at 4:30. It doesn't get you out on a weekend imo. More games like yesterday will do it though.

Are we also calling out those that stated on the board they were not going go to the VT game or said they needed a break after the WF game? If I recall there was a lot of "I get it, man" after those statements appeared. Eating our own does zero good.

Cheriehoop said:
I saw some students sitting in "premium" seats. I don't know if they themselves decided to disburse or if they were just allowed to sit in empty seats. I also noted that in our section, the normal ushers weren't there and weren't checking everyone's tickets as fans entered. I don't know if this was a purposeful change or just a one shot difference.

It may not be huge numbers but my sons roommate and 2 other friends of his did the same thing. Why? Because parents weekend this year is on a weekend with no football game and it's Halloween. The parents of my sins roommate wanted to come see him and catch a football game. Plus they have an 8 year old that wants to trick or treat. So they came up from LI this weekend to see their kid and a football game.

Why parents weekend when there's no game?

The students will come once we start winning consistently. The product last night was fantastic. Even if we lose playing like that, it's an exciting kind of football that is easy to get behind. The students will come around. But there has been no culture of supporting football for a long time. If you went to Rutgers or back in the day temple, woukd you have gone to a bbq on a beautiful fall day or a game that would be sloppily played that you were likely to lose ? People on this board know the history and are excited to relive it. The students think they go to a basketball school with a football problem. Winning and offense will change that narrative. Just watch it transform over the next few years.

I agree, but usually when an 18-22 year old sees #17 VT and ESPN , its motivating. Not yesterday for some reason. I know at big schools there is big communication between the athletic departments and student government and RAs promoting attendance.

Can't think of a more fun saturday than breakfast, day drink with the fraternity then watching Syracuse play at the on campus dome against ACC competition.

Won't bash the students, winning should help.

If I am Dino I host a pre game pizza party in the dome.. nothing draws kids like free pizza.. if only the drinking age would go back to 18 life would be easier.

Dollar beers.

Winning and the excitement associated with winning will draw more students to the game. It certainly works with basketball.

That being said, SU draws a lot of it's students from Metro areas where high school and even college football is not a big deal. Long Island, Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT are not Alabama or Texas or Ohio or even Western PA where the kids are raised on the stuff.

Even in my day in the Plistocene Era at SU lots of the students couldn't have cared less if they ever went to a game. Of course, that also meant freezing your buns off in "Sunny" Achbold.

I went to SU in the early 80s before Mac hire and I never missed a game. Students not going for any reason other the family issues is just lame. The fan base just sucks in Syracuse. They are mostly band wagon jumpers

Not that they care. Zero excuses yesterday to blow off the game. Great weather, great start time, top 20 team. The student section was 40% full ay most and a bunch of the hypocrites came into the dome to get on the field when it looked like we were going to pull off the win. Pathetic. Could have rolled outta bed at 3 after a Friday night/morning bender.
ds_12114_headline_b_v6.jpg

Ish is angry Dino got a big win. Check out his recap thread with a bunch of backhanded compliments. He's always the first to make a thread criticizing after we lose but when we win he has to find something else to be mad about.

Your ruining everyone's high with the tude

Give me a break! No tude. Its that you anticipate i have a tude. I have been on top of the world since yesterday, even driving back to Albany at 10 pm , was like i floated across the thruway. So stop it. You dont know me . I have posted about how awesome this win is and here i sit in an albany bar on an nfl Sunday with my cuse gear on. So, relax, i have watched the dino locker vid like 8 times today. Others have posted about the downside with no heat. The students were the only negative yesterday. No biggie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom