Students Need To Be Called Out... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Students Need To Be Called Out...

Give me a break! No tude. Its that you anticipate i have a tude. I have been on top of the world since yesterday, even driving back to Albany at 10 pm , was like i floated across the thruway. So stop it. You dont know me . I have posted about how awesome this win is and here i sit in an albany bar on an nfl Sunday with my cuse gear on. So, relax, i have watched the dino locker vid like 8 times today. Others have posted about the downside with no heat. The students were the only negative yesterday. No biggie.

Did see your mostly positive post. Have seen lots of negative past few weeks about how great all of our opponents are and how much we suck. In any case as you were. i'm just enjoying the post games euphoria and Dino speech positive energy. You at right the students are weak but they will come.

Winning and the excitement associated with winning will draw more students to the game. It certainly works with basketball.

That being said, SU draws a lot of it's students from Metro areas where high school and even college football is not a big deal. Long Island, Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT are not Alabama or Texas or Ohio or even Western PA where the kids are raised on the stuff.

Even in my day in the Plistocene Era at SU lots of the students couldn't have cared less if they ever went to a game. Of course, that also meant freezing your buns off in "Sunny" Achbold.

You haven't been back in a long time - SU is drawing a lot of kids who've never seen a football.

Student bashing is dumb.

Ish is angry Dino got a big win. Check out his recap thread with a bunch of backhanded compliments. He's always the first to make a thread criticizing after we lose but when we win he has to find something else to be mad about.

Pay attention. Not mad, happy and giddy about the win and if you care to read, posted about how awesome the team played. 15 yards for targeting;)

You haven't been back in a long time - SU is drawing a lot of kids who've never seen a football.

Student bashing is dumb.

Its dumb by guys not on the clique, but is allowed and has been previously by guys who are allowed.

ds_12114_headline_b_v6.jpg

Do you really think most students care to even follow this board?

Its dumb by guys not on the clique, but is allowed and has been previously by guys who are allowed.

The program won a big game, just enjoy it. Lots of empty seats to go around.

Have the Dino or another restaurant give out coupons for discount or free food or drink .. advertise the hell out of it when they are admitted

Student bashing is dumb.

You are right, I haven't. But even back when I went the library, student store, Marshall street and the Quad on good days were full of students during football games.

Add to that base, a bunch of foreign students and the percent of students with interest falls pretty fast.

It will get better. The students that went will be talking all weekend about what an awesome win it was and generate more interest. Keep winning and more people will show up. Students and miserable internet posters.

Walk for a moment in a students shoes. Here's your choice: pay to see us play against VT as a 3 TD dog or study? Expecting to fill the student section as a 3 TD dog will always be a tough sell.

Students will come when the team starts winning consistently. One big win over VT won't be enough. The reputation of this team took years to become ingrained. It won't be flipped overnight with both students and the public at large. Attendance was just shy of 34,000 (thanks in part to VT fans), i.e., 32% empty. Seems like more than just students didn't show.

Want to solve the problem? Win, then win again, and again, and again, and again.

I'll laud the students that filled the 40% rather than the 60% that didn;t bother. I guarantee you the kids who bothered to come out had an awesome time yesterday and will be back with a few friends on November 12.

Sorry for the confusion, I don't often use words like "pathetic" when I'm giddy. Clearly an honest mistake...

Last edited:
Walk for a moment in a students shoes. Here's your choice: pay to see us play against VT as a 3 TD dog or study? Expecting to fill the student section as a 3 TD dog will always be a tough sell.

Students will come when the team starts winning consistently. One big win over VT won't be enough. The reputation of this team took years to become ingrained. It won't be flipped overnight with both students and the public at large. Attendance was just shy of 34,000 (thanks in part to VT fans), i.e., 32% empty. Seems like more than just students didn't show.

Want to solve the problem? Win, then win again, and again, and again, and again.

You think the ones who chose not to show up were studying at 3:45 on a Saturday?

I'll laud the students that filled the 40% rather than the 60% that didn;t bother. I guarantee you the kids who bothered to come out had an awesome time yesterday and will be back with a few friends on November 12.

We had 45,000 for WVU in 2011. 48,000 for Clemson in 2013. We were big underdogs in those games, it wasn't that long ago that we had an almost full Dome for them. I understand we are coming off 2 bad years and were 2-4 and underdogs, but it's still just a huge drop off from what we were getting for big games just a few years ago.

Hopefully now that we beat a good team, more people will catch on that we are playing a fun brand of football and will believe that we can knock teams off, and start showing up again.

It matters. It will help recruiting, and it helps the team.

Lol, seriously, or study???? Yea, i am sure the library had a line for entry around 2 pm. Gimme a break.

You think the ones who chose not to show up were studying at 3:45 on a Saturday?
I know that for some students, how good or great the football team is, can be a major decision-maker in which school they choose to attend. Silly? I think so. I presume the qualify of the football product hasn't been a major driver in who attends Syracuse for many years. Basketball? Sure. Football? No. Given that assumption, yes some students will study on a Saturday afternoon. Are you arguing that football is more important than keeping up with your classes?

I know that for some students, how good or great the football team is, can be a major decision-maker in which school they choose to attend. Silly? I think so. I presume the qualify of the football product hasn't been a major driver in who attends Syracuse for many years. Basketball? Sure. Football? No. Given that assumption, yes some students will study on a Saturday afternoon. Are you arguing that football is more important than keeping up with your classes?

No, I'm arguing that very few students were studying on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. And that ones that were probably have no idea what a football looks like and would never go to a game anyway.

Ish is angry Dino got a big win. Check out his recap thread with a bunch of backhanded compliments. He's always the first to make a thread criticizing after we lose but when we win he has to find something else to be mad about.

People are comparing him to Iggy, but igor would disappear after SU won. Blue Curtain on the other hand would still post backhanded remarks after SU won. My favorite blue curtain game was the one SU won vs. Kansas in KC during the 08/09 season. All game SU was losing and BC was like a pig in slop in the chatroom. When they came back and won blue was so upset he was lashing out like a child.

We had 45,000 for WVU in 2011. 48,000 for Clemson in 2013. We were big underdogs in those games, it wasn't that long ago that we had an almost full Dome for them. I understand we are coming off 2 bad years and were 2-4 and underdogs, but it's still just a huge drop off from what we were getting for big games just a few years ago.

Hopefully now that we beat a good team, more people will catch on that we are playing a fun brand of football and will believe that we can knock teams off, and start showing up again.

It matters. It will help recruiting, and it helps the team.

I wasn't at the WVU game, but the Clemson attendance was due to about 8,000 Clemson fans coming to the dome. Clemson brought more band members than most teams bring visiting fans.

I still cringe a little every time I hear C-L-E-M-S-O----N

No, I'm arguing that very few students were studying on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. And that ones that were probably have no idea what a football looks like and would never go to a game anyway.
Regardless of what they were doing, they believed it was either more interesting than going to see a game where we were a 3TD dog or more important.

The casual fan will invest time and money to see what it expected to be a competitive game against a big time opponent. The casual fan will not invest time and money when we're a 3 TD dog. Not in 2016. This applies to all fans, not just students. To think otherwise, we might as well go pound sand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom