Stupid F#$%&'N Weddings! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stupid F#$%&'N Weddings!

My best friends' oldest son was getting married during the 2012 Final Four (when we were a #1 seed). I told them I was going to New Orleans if we were playing there. Unfortunately, we lost to Ohio State in the Elite 8, so I went the wedding ... rather than to the Final Four.

To their credit, they totally understood my priorities.

Oddly enough, their second son is getting married March 7 next year. Fortunately, that is the final day of the regular season... and not during the NCAAs.

My younger daughter is getting married on October 11th. I didn't think to check the schedule of games. I'll do that right after I get off this site.

So the wedding is this Saturday at 1PM (kickoff is at 12PM obviously). The wedding and reception are at their home and they do NOT have cable --- who the hell lives in Syracuse and schedules a wedding during an SU Football game and does NOT have cable?

Anyway, it looks like I can steam the game on ESPN3 (assuming it is not blacked out b/c the game is on YES - please tell me I can stream it on my IPAD) ---- if for some reason I can't stream the game on my ipad, I am going to knock on the neighbors doors until I find someone who will let me watch the damn game.

- who the hell lives in Syracuse and schedules a wedding during an SU Football game and does NOT have cable?

Absolutely mind-bottling. May through August people!!! Thats a 4 freaking month window.

Even with the best intentions things can go wrong. A friend planned his daughters wedding for an off date. 9/11 and SU's game was rescheduled for the wedding date

Even with the best intentions things can go wrong.
It's not just the wedding day. On the order of every 7 years the anniversary will fall on a game day. If you like weekend anniversary trips it can be nearly every year. Unless the bride is a sports nut, the groom will have impacted his football fandom for the rest of his life.