Men's Soccer - SU 2 vs Yale 0: Wed Oct 18, 7 PM | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 2 vs Yale 0: Wed Oct 18, 7 PM

Replay:

Last edited:
Nice win for Syracuse.

Thought Annie Klaff was very good as the analyst (Jack Gordon was excellent with the play by play as well). Both are going to be very successful in the future,

First start for Felipe D'Agostini. This team has been looking for a reliable goal scorer and might have finally found him. Looked very comfortable and relaxed up front and delivered when he had chances. He actually put the ball on goal when he shot it. Just missed a third goal with a bender that just missed the right goalpost late. Just a little guy but he is very skilled. It is a shame this is his last year of eligibility.

Nate Edwards assisted on both goals and had a really good game. Helps out all over the field. That guy can run and has a lot of energy.

Looks like Wickman has secured the starting job at keeper. He looks more comfortable there every game.

Yale had a lot of yellows. They acted like spoiled, entitled brats. They kept getting embarrassed by the faster, more athletic Syracuse players, and fouled them in frustration. One guy got two and the Bulldogs had to play a man short much of the second half. Even their coaching staff got one.

Stay classy Yale.

D'Agostini also looked good against Clemson; played with lots of energy. It would be great if he can become part of the missing piece this team could use.

And Edwards has been all over the field all season pushing on offence and critical on defense.

Win the next 2 and try to stay on a roll through the conference tourney and college cup.

D'Agostini also looked good against Clemson; played with lots of energy. It would be great if he can become part of the missing piece this team could use.

And Edwards has been all over the field all season pushing on offence and critical on defense.

Win the next 2 and try to stay on a roll through the conference tourney and college cup.
Every time Suski is on the field, he also seems to make things happen. I don't know why he doesn't play more.

Every time Suski is on the field, he also seems to make things happen. I don't know why he doesn't play more.
0 goals 1 assist 2 shots so far. He hasn't played a ton but his production hasn't been great.

I can see he is talented but he never seems to get the ball in scoring position. For whatever reason.

He gets a chance to play against his old team (BC) in the last game of the regular season.

My guess is that he gets a lot of playing time there. And maybe against a bad Wolfpack team in the next game.

D'Agostini starting to produce does not help Mike's cause for more PT.

Hope he emerges as a force late.

0 goals 1 assist 2 shots so far. He hasn't played a ton but his production hasn't been great.

I can see he is talented but he never seems to get the ball in scoring position. For whatever reason.

He gets a chance to play against his old team (BC) in the last game of the regular season.

My guess is that he gets a lot of playing time there. And maybe against a bad Wolfpack team in the next game.

D'Agostini starting to produce does not help Mike's cause for more PT.

Hope he emerges as a force late.
He hasn't been given a fair chance in my opinion. The kid that scored twice last night had just 1 goal before last night. I can't remember the game but Dean Foti broadcasting the game thought he was the difference in that game for us. When asked about it, Ian just shrugged it off. At B.C., still in the ACC, he had 13 goals and 9 assists. Two different years he led B.C. in scoring. I think we missed the boat with this kid this year.

Last edited:
He hasn't been given a fair chance in my opinion. The kid that scored twice last night had just 1 goal before last night. I can't remember the game but Dean Foti broadcasting the game thought he was the difference in that game for us. When asked about it, Ian just shrugged it off. At B.C., still in the ACC, he had 13 goals and 9 assists. Two different years he led B.C. in scoring. I think we missed the boat with this kid this year.
Sounds like McIntyre is Boeheiming him.;)

Could be. I know Mike has only started one game ans only played in 10. could not find minutes played but I am sure they are limited.

Maybe Coach is looking for players like the forwards he lost? Both Johnson and Apoku were fast and could accelerate really well. Super agile.

Suski is not that guy. Koulakian isn’t either.

I think Coach took the best players he could, regardless of playing style and tried to find ways to make use of them.

Turns out they needed guys like the ones they lost.

Koulakian is willing to run around pressuring the defense when they try to clear like a madman. I think that is the main reason he gets playing time.

Maybe we don’t know how best to use Mike?

Could be. I know Mike has only started one game ans only played in 10. could not find minutes played but I am sure they are limited.

Maybe Coach is looking for players like the forwards he lost? Both Johnson and Apoku were fast and could accelerate really well. Super agile.

Suski is not that guy. Koulakian isn’t either.

I think Coach took the best players he could, regardless of playing style and tried to find ways to make use of them.

Turns out they needed guys like the ones they lost.

Koulakian is willing to run around pressuring the defense when they try to clear like a madman. I think that is the main reason he gets playing time.

Maybe we don’t know how best to use Mike?
I have to think he is lacking on being a two way player. You know the old saying, this guy has forgot more about something than I know. Well, that's Ian with regards to my knowledge of soccer. I just think the kid could put the ball in the net and that has been a short coming this year. We are second to last in shots on goal in the ACC. Even I know, that isn't a good stat to have. Still, with the schedule we play, if we finish 9-3 that is a good record and if not for that God awful loss to Temple, we would be top 8 in the country.

I have to think he is lacking on being a two way player. You know the old saying, this guy has forgot more about something than I know. Well, that's Ian with regards to my knowledge of soccer. I just think the kid could put the ball in the net and that has been a short coming this year. We are second to last in shots on goal in the ACC. Even I know, that isn't a good stat to have. Still, with the schedule we play, if we finish 9-3 that is a good record and if not for that God awful loss to Temple, we would be top 8 in the country.
I believe the ACC gives a first round bye to the top 4 teams for ACC conference tournament. If we win the last 2, we have a good shot to do that.

So winning the last 2 regular season games is my first remaining goal for this season.

Hopefully that leads to goal 2, which is getting a bye in the ACC tournament.

Then we need to win a game or two in the ACC tournament.

If we do that and win out in the regular season, we should be in the 10-12 range.

If I remember right, the top 16 seeded teams in country get a first round bye in the NCAA tournament.

My third remaining goal is to get a bye in the NCAA tournament. That essentially gets up in the final 32. Then win at least games in the NCAA tournament. That gets up to the final 16 and the final 8.

That would be an awesome finish to a challenging year.

I haven't looked closely at the roster for next year but man, it seems like we have a lot of seniors in key roles we will be losing. Hope a few have a COVID year and elect to return.

After only taking one frosh in the recruiting class last year, we really need a good class this season. I hope we add some transfers too but adding a lot of senior transfers each year is not the way to build a long term sustainable program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom