Men's Soccer - SU 2 vs Yale 0: Wed Oct 18, 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 2 vs Yale 0: Wed Oct 18, 7 PM

I believe the ACC gives a first round bye to the top 4 teams for ACC conference tournament. If we win the last 2, we have a good shot to do that.

So winning the last 2 regular season games is my first remaining goal for this season.

Hopefully that leads to goal 2, which is getting a bye in the ACC tournament.

Then we need to win a game or two in the ACC tournament.

If we do that and win out in the regular season, we should be in the 10-12 range.

If I remember right, the top 16 seeded teams in country get a first round bye in the NCAA tournament.

My third remaining goal is to get a bye in the NCAA tournament. That essentially gets up in the final 32. Then win at least games in the NCAA tournament. That gets up to the final 16 and the final 8.

That would be an awesome finish to a challenging year.

I haven't looked closely at the roster for next year but man, it seems like we have a lot of seniors in key roles we will be losing. Hope a few have a COVID year and elect to return.

After only taking one frosh in the recruiting class last year, we really need a good class this season. I hope we add some transfers too but adding a lot of senior transfers each year is not the way to build a long term sustainable program.
I couldn't agree more about our latest approach is not sustainable in the long term. We have some good players returning but we do need a strong transfer class that includes underclassman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom