SU -9 vs CMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU -9 vs CMU

I will always be amazed at all of you that can gamble on the games too. I wouldn't last one week if I had the stress of winning the game and then worrying about the spread on top of that.
I'm a much happier man since I quit. The ponies are the only thing I bet on occasionally.

So will our 2 hurt OL be back?

The million dollar question, wondering if we have to wait until the coaches conference call to find out. Our local paper seems to be not reporting anything football related.

Vegas "likes" SU and Shafer so much, they set the over/under for season wins at 5.5.

Vegas only likes Vegas, and dopes who think there is easy money. That's a lot of line movement already from -11.5 to -7.5. I think we will see late money to Syracuse.
if you see it move late then you know the real players expected the line to drop cause it started too high. if it stays low then the players jumped on it high.

I will always be amazed at all of you that can gamble on the games too. I wouldn't last one week if I had the stress of winning the game and then worrying about the spread on top of that.
If your smart and pick value its not difficult at all. I bet on VPI against Ohio State. VPI was getting 11 points and after watching Navy-Ohio State I didn't think Ohio State would cover. Now I wish I bet the money line on that game.

I never bet a LOT of money on a game. When I have been to Vegas I will always throw 20 bucks on a bunch of parlays. I hit one in 2010 and won 5,000 dollars. It basically ensured I will break even in all my parlay bets in my lifetime. People who can't afford to gamble though shouldn't do it.

If your smart and pick value its not difficult at all. I bet on VPI against Ohio State. VPI was getting 11 points and after watching Navy-Ohio State I didn't think Ohio State would cover. Now I wish I bet the money line on that game.

I never bet a LOT of money on a game. When I have been to Vegas I will always throw 20 bucks on a bunch of parlays. I hit one in 2010 and won 5,000 dollars. It basically ensured I will break even in all my parlay bets in my lifetime. People who can't afford to gamble though shouldn't do it.

Interesting. And I get that. I was talking about Syracuse games in particular though but probably didn't make that clear. I could never bet on our games. Maybe it's just me.

Interesting. And I get that. I was talking about Syracuse games in particular though but probably didn't make that clear. I could never bet on our games. Maybe it's just me.
I don't bet on my teams just because of the double edged sword your stating. If we were getting point and I liked our team chances I would. Last year I bet on SU 1 time in the opening game against Penn State. I got SU +8 and we lost by 6. I wasn't happy we lost, but I thought we would be close and if we had better QB play would have won.

higher than most thought I would guess. so someone is thinking highly of us[/QUOTE

Cuse got their work cut out for them with this schedule. We may well be playing undefeated teams all the way to Wake, and every team in the next 4 weeks are all playing great football right now. We need TH to play with a chip on his shoulder and the D to show up for this game to win.

I'm a much happier man since I quit. The ponies are the only thing I bet on occasionally.

Sure you are. I will say this, betting horses has so much more upside than sports. I play mostly money line/ parlays these days usually combing the two. Like this week, I will take 2-3 teams that are 4-10 point underdogs on the money line, in a parlay. Amazing what a $25-$30 wager can pay under those circumstances.

Wow - how many games did you have to get right to turn 20 into 5 grand?

I think he's saying he played a bunch of "$20 parlays" and must've hit a bunch because you can't win $5000 on a $20 parlay.

It was a 9 team parlay on the money line. I was lucky I got all 9 winners right.

I think he's saying he played a bunch of "$20 parlays" and must've hit a bunch because you can't win $5000 on a $20 parlay.
Yes you can if you pick teams that were over +200 to win.

Think I might have to bet against my team for the first time ever. The Syracuse offense led by Ronald McDonald scoring 9 more points than the opposition on the road :rolling:.
If you do that, the commissioner will suspend you and you will never get into the HOF.

Yes you can if you pick teams that were over +200 to win.
True. I was just going on a fixed 8 teamer parlay with 150/1 Vegas payout. But if you picked an 8 teamer all dog ticket god bless you. That's crazy and awesome

Vegas is absolutely brilliant at setting lines so I'm pretty shocked to see SU favored by this much, if I were impartial I would pound CMU. this has typical vegas trap written all over it: CMU is coming off a great win vs Purdue and Syracuse looked like garbage against a inferior opponent. I think Vegas still likes SU and Shafer as a coach, he is 2-2 when he has time to prepare and Clemson was the only blowout.

That being said, I'm betting CMU...

CMU barely beat Chattanooga St. Syracuse played without its starting QB.

Things aren't as bad as you think.

It appears that this line is set to push casual bettors onto CMU. Handicap the Vegas line , not the teams.

True. I was just going on a fixed 8 teamer parlay with 150/1 Vegas payout. But if you picked an 8 teamer all dog ticket god bless you. That's crazy and awesome
Baseball is capped at 8 teams. I did a 9 teamer in FB at Bally's. I had 6 +200 plus teams and 3 other teams.

I missed on a 10 team ticket at Terrible Sam's a few years back , got 9 out of 10 , still paid $600. The game I missed was Oklahoma at Baylor +34.5 , Sooners won 35-0 , ticket would have paid 10 grand.

I missed on a 10 team ticket at Terrible Sam's a few years back , got 9 out of 10 , still paid $600. The game I missed was Oklahoma at Baylor +34.5 , Sooners won 35-0 , ticket would have paid 10 grand.

I missed on a pick 5 at Saratoga this summer on the last race, $64 ticket, $1 pick 5 would have paid $38K. Just brutal. Had 2 horses in the last, decent odds but not the 2 favorites

I missed on a pick 5 at Saratoga this summer on the last race, $64 ticket, $1 pick 5 would have paid $38K. Just brutal. Had 2 horses in the last, decent odds but not the 2 favorites
If you had a live ticket on a pick 5 in the last race you could have backed it up by laying off a bit on the rest of the field , W-P-S , or exacta's , or Tri's. Maybe a strategy if you get that position in the future.

I always thought teasers were the way to go, you dont win the money of a parlay but your odds are so much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom