SU bowl projections | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

So lame we’ve already played them recently in a bowl

Lol this is such a Syracuse fan reaction. B*itch that we don’t make a bowl. Then b*itch that we get in one.

Not to mention we played them 10 years ago… didn’t we play K-State in the orange bowl and a few years later play them in the Insight.com bowl in ‘01?

Wonder if people had the same reaction.

Lol this is such a Syracuse fan reaction. B*itch that we don’t make a bowl. Then b*itch that we get in one.

Not to mention we played them 10 years ago… didn’t we play K-State in the orange bowl and a few years later play them in the Insight.com bowl in ‘01?

I’m happy we are in a bowl , I’m happy with 7 and 5. Playing Minnesota although doesn’t really spark excitement for me.

Yup.

We had the same 7-5 record as UL and Wake Forest. Duke finished 8-4.

We got a better slot than all of them.

Pretty remarkable for a small private school from the Northeast playing in a southern conference.

I will take it.

Playing in a mid level bowl is going to get you a mid level opponent. And Syracuse is a mid level team right now.
Completely agree but bowl season even in that case is exciting because you get to play teams outside of your typical geography. I understand Minnesota is in that category but with the small amount of bowls we’ve been to in the last decade I’d prefer to see someone we are not at all familiar with.

Playing in a mid level bowl is going to get you a mid level opponent. And Syracuse is a mid level team right now.
For a 7-5 team this is an outstanding outcome- huge alumni base, major media center, easy travel for fans, Big Ten opponent, first class bowl experience.

Obviously I think we all wish we ended up 9-3 and in a warm weather marquee game, but given all the factors this is a home run…

I think this will be my last update.

Spent some time reading a bunch of ACC football message boards.

From what I can piece together, here is how it is going to go down…

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

It appears that a huge domino in these selections was what the Pinstripe did. They chose Syracuse (no doubt Syracuse lobbied hard for it).

There were apparently expectations Pitt was going to get the nod here (they apparently preferred it over the Sun). When Syracuse was picked instead, it meant the Sun got Pitt (instead of Duke). Wake was expected to get the Military but with Pitt in the Sun, Duke was sent to the Military. And Wake got bumped from the Military to the Gasparilla.

Duke and Wake fans are not happy. Duke fans really wanted the Mayo Bowl, or at least the Sun given their 8-4 record.

And it appears all but certain the B1G team in the Pinstripe will be Minnesota, whose fans are very unhappy. They think they deserved a more prestigious bowl against a more prestigious opponent.

It appears they are still a very stupid fanbase. I look forward to some interesting conversations on this board with some of them.
The Pinstripe isn't some middling bowl. It's an above average bowl that usually has at least 8 win teams. Minnesota isn't exciting in the least, but it is what it is

Um, no.

If the choices were:
Pinstripe, Military, Fenway, then it would be AD malfeasance to NOT push for Pinstripe.

Now - next year?
Maybe JW would ‘push’ for Military, (assuming those same options) just for variety’s sake.

That said - Pinstripe payout is substantially higher than those other 2, IIRC.
I don't understand the want for the military? it's a lower tier crap bowl against an AAC school. Basically for 6-6 teams. Pinstripe is far better and is televised on a good day of bowl games. Military should be one of the last choices

He will go pro, or much less likely will stay here. Highly doubt he goes to another program
Yeah that’s what I figure too. So why create anything formal like that image that leaves out the best player/face of the program this year? Can’t imagine that’s by accident.

Yeah that’s what I figure too. So why create anything formal like that image that leaves out the best player/face of the program this year? Can’t imagine that’s by accident.
He could opt out of the bowl, that is for sure but we shall see

He could opt out of the bowl, that is for sure but we shall see
So will Jones but he’s on there. Again, something isn’t adding up. The program was a pr machine for tucker this season and he’s not one of five on the bowl announcement.

Excuse my reading into things but why no Tucker in the image? I don’t think it has anything to do with not playing in the game because I don’t expect them all to play. Any chance it’s known he’s moving to another program?

Another program was your take from that :confused:

They put the top 4 current players on the graphic. Makes perfect sense. These guys play 100% every down

Another program was your take from that :confused:
I’m trying to think about how he could have put off our program to not be highlighted. Just a weird omission imo given the weight of his pr all season. Maybe it’s just a weird omission and that’s it.

I’m trying to think about how he could have put off our program to not be highlighted. Just a weird omission imo given the weight of his pr all season. Maybe it’s just a weird omission and that’s it.

I get where you’re coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom