SU bowl projections | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Unless I’m having the biggest brain fart ever, there is no way the 2010 KSU game was in the 50s. 50s is like hoodie weather for me. I remember it being frigid and my wife incessantly asking to leave.
Checked weather history . High on Dec. 30 2010 was 53. It was windy so it definitely felt colder.

Checked weather history . High on Dec. 30 2010 was 53. It was windy so it definitely felt colder.
If memory serves, it was pleasant before the game- sunny and warm (perhaps the high of 53).

But as soon as that game began it got pretty bitter, especially after the sun went down. It was frigid by the time the game ended…

No interest in the Pinstripe or going to Boston for that bowl. I definitely could be onboard for the Military bowl. I am former military so definitely slanted that direction for that reason as well.

I took this pic at the Pinstripe vs. KSU:

5308396562_1d8c6cd3ed_k.jpg

Adam Terry said that he expected Mikel Jones will be available for a bowl game. Now he might opt to sit out even if he is healthy. But that is one…
Since one reason that he returned was to go bowling, I expect him to at least play a bit.

Last edited:
Pitt’s best player (Izzy) is from NYC. They recruit NYC and NJ hard and playing there will help.
I see Pitt ads in Newark Airport all the time. Kinda makes me want to puke, but good for them.

My pics from the Pinstripe. I had a press pass, so I got to watch the game from the sidelines. It definitely wasn't in the 50's that day. My feet were freezing. Had to go to the pressbox at halftime and warm up:

Last edited:
My pics from the Pinstripe. I had a press pass, so I got to watch the game from the sidelines. It definitely wasn't in the 50's that day. My feet were freezing. Had to go to the pressbox at halftime and warm up:

It was. Probably at start , not at the end.

Haven't seen this one yet. Battle of the 2 TV broadcasting schools in...Alabama?

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl
Protective Life Stadium (Birmingham, Alabama)
Time TBD, ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Missouri vs. Syracuse
Schlabach: Memphis vs. Florida

Haven't seen this one yet. Battle of the 2 TV broadcasting schools in...Alabama?

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl
Protective Life Stadium (Birmingham, Alabama)
Time TBD, ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Missouri vs. Syracuse
Schlabach: Memphis vs. Florida
  • Date: Tuesday, December 27, 2022
  • Game time: 2:15 p.m. or 5:45 p.m. CST
  • TV: ESPN

Military bowl would be great even if I can’t make it. Daughters bday party is the same day so I’d likely be DVR it and watching it later. No game thread for me :(

I remember watching that live interview with Gross during the bowl game and could tell he was going to fire Coach P after. He should have at least given him a year to see how things were going and not base his coaching off of one blowout.

Instead Gross hired a guy who had never even been to Syracuse…
There were bookend blowouts. 0-51 @ Purdue to open the season and 14-51 in the bowl game. I would have fired him too. Gross' mistake was who he hired to replace P.

Unless I’m having the biggest brain fart ever, there is no way the 2010 KSU game was in the 50s. 50s is like hoodie weather for me. I remember it being frigid and my wife incessantly asking to leave.
I’m with you, I recall that game being cold. I remember wearing thermals and ski jacket to that game.

I’m with you, I recall that game being cold. I remember wearing thermals and ski jacket to that game.
High was 52. From the weather service records. Anybody that has grown up in the North knows that when the temperature is around 50 it’s all about the wind. 20 mile an hour winds and you freeze. Light winds and it’s quite comfortable.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom