SU bowl projections | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Have you ever been to Fenway? There are poles everywhere
Having been to both Fenway and Wrigley, the two supposed crown jewels of traditional baseball, I have to say that Fenway isn't in the same league as Wrigley. And there are loads of seats that are obstructed by poles. Ambience isn't all that great either.

Not to mention, the Green Monster is a gimmick.

Checked weather history . High on Dec. 30 2010 was 53. It was windy so it definitely felt colder.
Wow that’s crazy it was 53 that day. It felt a lot colder than that. I went to the Bills Raiders playoff game in 1994 where it was -20 with wind chill, I would never do that again…

I will pretty much will attend any Bowl except the Fenway Bowl, which of course is where we end up smh.

Having been to both Fenway and Wrigley, the two supposed crown jewels of traditional baseball, I have to say that Fenway isn't in the same league as Wrigley. And there are loads of seats that are obstructed by poles. Ambience isn't all that great either.

It's not a gimmick. That is silly.

Wow that’s crazy it was 53 that day. It felt a lot colder than that. I went to the Bills Raiders playoff game in 1994 where it was -20 with wind chill, I would never do that again…
As I remember...huge snowstorm about 48 hrs prior. Moderated on gameday. Melted a lot of the snow that afternoon with bright sunshine. Got really cold after sunset. Wind wasn't horrible though IMHO.

that's funny - I don't even need the Pitt ads in EWR to make me puke - Terminal B does it all by itself.
Yes! I was just there. A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

A gimmick? Ha!

Fenway is every bit as good as Wrigley. I like it better. The poles won’t be a factor if we play there. It’s an overrated problem. Fenway and Wrigley both have good bars, restaurants and nightlife nearby. Far superior to Yankee stadium. But that won’t be a factor with an early game at Fenway.

A gimmick? Ha!

Fenway is every bit as good as Wrigley. I like it better. The poles won’t be a factor if we play there. It’s an overrated problem. Fenway and Wrigley both have good bars, restaurants and nightlife nearby. Far superior to Yankee stadium. But that won’t be a factor with an early game at Fenway.
Copy that. I’ve been to The Rat next to Fenway a number of times. Lots of good bars and food around there. I lived In Rhode Island for a couple of years and always liked Boston/New England.

I was talking talking to a dude at work from Chicago who refuses to eat pizza in NYC because he doesn’t think it’s pizza lol.

I haven’t hit up Wigley yet but hope to soon

1669634299696.png

Yeah I went to Chicago for MNF game vs Vikings probably 10 years ago. It was a weekend between Christmas and new years. The temp on the field without the windchill during warmups was 0 and I was in the upperdeck. Last time I’m doing that too.

I have been thinking Military Bowl for a while now.

Besides these reasons, everyone knows Syracuse has a strong alumni presence in the DC metro area. We rarely play football there’s and when we do, we bring a lot of fans.

Plus, we have a number of players on the team from the area. Some are major leaders on the tea. I strongly suspect the players prefer playing in Annapolis to the other options.

UVa and V Tech are the natural fits for this game but both had horrible seasons and are not eligible to go bowling. I bet they would prefer us over all the other options from the ACC.

Pitt’s best player (Izzy) is from NYC. They recruit NYC and NJ hard and playing there will help them.

Hoping against hope we get the Military.

No idea how realistic this would be at this point, but it is in prime recruiting territory for us, and an increment warmer than Pinstripe / Fenway.

I’d really enjoy a matchup against a P-5 squad that we don’t play often, or ever really. But it’s looking like AAC most likely right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom