SU-GT Have Signed A 4-Year Home & Home | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU-GT Have Signed A 4-Year Home & Home

Agree. I would not have done the deal without something that.
Yep - there had better be some language in the contract about that. If not, Oh Lord

Wouldn't it be way more entertaining to beat them in front of 33K at the Dome and thousands of SU fans at the Verizon Center than not play them at all? I mean aren't games like that why we love college basketball?

I'd rather see their campus taken over by the undead who crack open the skulls of their douchebag students and feast on the delicious goo inside.

Nice. We got past this league transition with Gtown in basketball, why can't we do the same with WV and Rutgers in football? DRbartle?

CousCuse said:
Nice. We got past this league transition with Gtown in basketball, why can't we do the same with WV and Rutgers in football? DRbartle?

Rutgirls? Lol.

Yes , Rutgirls.
Rutgirls?
Photograph_of_Mrs._Reagan_speaking_at_a_%22Just_Say_No%22_Rally_in_Los_Angeles_-_NARA_-_198584.jpg

Chris McManus‏@ChrisESPNCNY5 mins
Daryl Gross says no mandatory donations or 3 game packages if SU fans want to go to the Verizon Center. It was a sticking point in the deal.

More kudos to DG.

Gtown(2013): Hey what you say we sign a home and home deal?
DG: Are you going to package our games with your other dreck opponents or require a donation to purchase available tix?
Gtown(2013): Well of course, we need to use your drawing power to our advantage.
DG: Go f yourself.

Gtown(2014): Hey we've reconsidered. We'll withdraw the stupid restrictions on tix sales.
DG: Get off your knees you pieces of crap. As long as you are going to take care of Cuse Nation we'll gladly come to your place...kick your a$$e$ and steal your recruits.

As the resident Board Pontiff for playing football in New Jersey, let me state for the record that the only time Syracuse should be thinking about putting Rutgers on the schedule...is if Giants Stadium suddenly refuses to allow anyone other than the Giants and its jv team to play football there.

And that ain't happening.

And then they should offer to army at Yankee Stadium instead.

This deal has been in the works for a bit. The sticking point has been the ticket limitations and site locations. Great job by Gross demanding that the game not be tied to ticket packages. That should guarantee us 4 home games. :). I think we wanted an MSG game...

Nova, St. Johns and GT. Would adding UConn be too much? Once those 4 are added the current and ex Big East/AAC basketball wise would be officially closed for me as I couldn't care less about the others.

Nova, St. Johns and GT. Would adding UConn be too much? Once those 4 are added the current and ex Big East/AAC basketball wise would be officially closed for me as I couldn't care less about the others.
Yes. It would be too much.

orange79 said:

Might be able to squeeze in a game with UConn in the odd years we don't play the aforementioned 3.

But I think it would have to be at MSG.

In 2015 we'll have Georgetown on the road, Villanova in MSG, a game in the BiG/ACC Challenge, and we're playing in the "Battle for Atlantis".

Let's not get carried away here.

This is the MUST have game...and as much as I hate missing the opportunity to pound G-town for two seasons...it was a great accomplishment to get those #$&^!'s to drop the ticket restrictions.

One thing we could try down the road that would be a big NYC draw is an "Old School Showdown."
Christmas week...the Orange, Pitt, G-town and UConn come into the Garden or Barclay's.
The Orange play G-town...Pitt plays UConn.
Ideally, SU & Pitt would swap opponents in another game...but let's not push it.
A simple doubleheader would sell out and create big media buzz.

You wouldn't rotate St. Johns and UConn in the future?
If I were making the decision? No. We gain nothing by playing them in Hartford, or Storrz. St. John's gives us NYC, and we've been playing them for a lot longer than UConn. Did we have a good stretch with UConn? No doubt. Do they now bring anything to the table other than recent history? Not in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom