SU opens -5 over Wisky... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -5 over Wisky...

Of course we're not going to shoot 47% from 3 all year

I don't see why not. Maybe take off a few but I think alittle over 40 could be achieved.
Nobody knows. Every three Gbinije has taken and every one but one Lydon has taken has been spot up and not off the dribble. Cooney has shot very few off the dribble and the ones he did it was one dribble pullup usually without dribbling in a direction. Malachi likes to shoot off the dribble some.
Bottom line I expect us to make them all. I think we are good enough to shoot near 60% shooting 27 attempts on a few nights.

We just need to cut down on the bad ones late in the shot clock .

I was trying to save this post for a few weeks but its to tempting.

Last edited:
edit: Regarding my turnaround theory, I now have to go back & look at how many days separated the Kansas in KC game from nearly losing to a horrible UVA team in the Dome.
3 days. Meh.
Well, that team did feature P.Harris and E.Devendorf :noidea:

Wisky is actually pretty common, in my experience. I have never heard of 'Sconnie.
Meanwhile, the 'Cuse is known worldwide! Well, China and North Korea not so much.

Good question. I think it will be a close SU win. I think Wisconsin matches up well against us.

Also, Wisky would be like calling Syracuse 'Cuice' or something. We would be pissed if outsiders were calling us that. No Wisconsin person knows what Wisky is. Even wiCuse said so. Many people do it on this board and it's very bizarre. Now 'Sconnie is another story.

Correct!

spread has dropped to 3 points...strange.

If I look at the Massey Ratings page it seems like certain Power Index's really like them, which is why the money may be heading there.

I just can't see the math that leads to see some of these ratings... they were blown out by Oklahoma, lost to double digits to Georgetown, lost to Western Illinois at home, and didn't have a great margin of victory against either Prairie View A&M or North Dakota. KP has them at #37 which seems fair, but it seems there are some that still have them in the top 10, which is crazy. Some systems must still have a factor of prior performance.

spread has dropped to 3 points...strange.

Sounds like Vegas is banking on a letdown and our shooting cooling off.

Or there's some pay side rumor about one of the players catching a cold or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom