SU players who transferred thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU players who transferred thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason he only played 17 minutes? He was ACC star last year.
His skills don’t fit what they do. It’s sad, really. They seem committed to that offense and he’s not the guy for that. Everybody involved shoulda seen that coming.

Quincy Guerrier...

Think he's regretting his decision now?

2 pts. vs. Chaminade, 2 pts. vs. Saint Mary's, and currently 0-2 and 0 pts. vs. Houston at Maui (Vegas) Invitational.

Good thing he's allowed to take 3's there (4-for-20). 20 of his 38 FG attempts are from 3.

I doubt it.

He was third team all ACC at Syracuse as a sophomore and that did not even get him a sniff in the NBA draft. That was his goal and that wasn't going to happen here especially since his role was not going to change.

He wanted to be afforded an opportunity to change his game to see if he could be an NBA player. He took the chance. It will likely not work. He will no longer have the "what if's" -- thinking that if he took a different path he could have been drafted in the NBA.

Some of you guys are real petty for a guy that gave it all to the team while he was here and was gracious when he left.

Last edited:
His skills don’t fit what they do. It’s sad, really. They seem committed to that offense and he’s not the guy for that. Everybody involved shoulda seen that coming.
Does Swider fit in what we do?

Yes. We’re a 3 point shooting team.

Are we really though? On the surface your comment makes some sense to me and I didn't immediately disagree. Although I realized that most teams are "3 point shooting teams" now a days so I looked where we were ranked relatively. The numbers seem to disagree with our initial thought at least on a relative basis.

Syracuse is 214th out of 358 in terms of three point shots per game at 21.7. Perhaps its just a sample size thing or an opponent thing, and we will move up as the season goes.

As an aside VCU is #352 at 14.3

Last edited:
I doubt it.

He was third team all ACC at Syracuse as a sophomore and that did not even get him a sniff in the NBA draft. That was his goal and that wasn't going to happen here especially since his role was not going to change.

He wanted to be afforded an opportunity to change his game to see if he could be an NBA player. He took the chance. It will likely not work. He will no longer have the "what if's" -- thinking that if he took a different path he could have been drafted in the NBA.

Some of you guys are real petty for a guy that gave it all to the team while he was here and was gracious when he left.

He would’ve shown enough to camp and showcase had he stayed and won some games. Maybe he still does now but he’s really exposed himself, or something like that, with this move.

Are we really though? On the surface your comment makes some sense to me and I didn't immediately disagree. Although I realized that most teams are "3 point shooting teams" now a days so I looked where we were ranked relatively. The numbers seem to disagree with our initial thought.

Syracuse is 214th out of 358 in terms of three point shots per game at 21.7. Perhaps its just a sample size thing or an opponent thing, and we will move up as the season goes.

Sure, we have too many players that don’t shoot or can’t shoot a 3. But the make up of the team is for Swider to give us the 3 point shooter on the opposite wing of buddy and then we have Joe up top. So Swider very much fits with our scheme. It helps protect our best shooter by not allowing defenses to overload buddies side.

Are we really, though? On the surface your comment makes some sense to me and I didn't immediately disagree. Although I realized that most teams are "3 point shooting teams" now a days so I looked where we were ranked relatively. The numbers seem to disagree with our initial thought.

Yes. We rank 11th out of 358 in 3-point shooting percentage, at 43.1%, according to ESPN:

Sure, we have too many players that don’t shoot or can’t shoot a 3. But the make up of the team is for Swider to give us the 3 point shooter on the opposite wing of buddy and then we have Joe up top. So Swider very much fits with our scheme. It helps protect our best shooter by not allowing defenses to overload buddies side.

Fair point.

I would say more that there is a defined role for Cole on this team as a 3 point shooter, rather than saying we are a "3 point shooting team".

Yes. We rank 11th out of 358 in 3-point shooting percentage, at 43.1%, according to ESPN:

San Diego is best in the country at three point % and only hits 7 threes a game. I wouldn't call them a three point shooting team.

I'm not even insulting the team by saying we are not a "3 point shooting team". All I am saying is we are playing much more balanced in terms of shot selection than the majority of teams. That is my point.

I doubt it.

He has plenty of eligibility and time this year to turn it around.

Benny didn't show up as a plug and play superstar we could use QG.
It looks like Kamari Richmond has lost his starting job at Seton Hall.

He'll probably start to play really well now coming off the bench.

I doubt it.

You’re wrong. He would have been a huge piece to this team. Go back and watch the tournament games from last year. He was playing exactly how he wanted to. Was making the 3 ball. A little midrange and was bullying people to the rim. He played great to end the year and was setting himself up for a giant year

You’re wrong. He would have been a huge piece to this team. Go back and watch the tournament games from last year. He was playing exactly how he wanted to. Was making the 3 ball. A little midrange and was bullying people to the rim. He played great to end the year and was setting himself up for a giant year

OK

So if you have 3 guys camping out at the three point line that do not have dribble drive capabilities. Who is going to break down the defense to then kick it out to those shooters? Because this offensive strategy you speak of is not a good one. Because there is 2 ways to break down a defense.

1- ball movement and movement without the ball

2- dribble drive, penetrate and draw defense in to kick out.

We don’t do either of these things……

So if you have 3 guys camping out at the three point line that do not have dribble drive capabilities. Who is going to break down the defense to then kick it out to those shooters? Because this offensive strategy you speak of is not a good one. Because there is 2 ways to break down a defense.

1- ball movement and movement without the ball

2- dribble drive, penetrate and draw defense in to kick out.

We don’t do either of these things……
The idea of spacing is being exposed without someone who can navigate within the space.

He stands in the corner or wing. He hardly plays in the post and goes several trips down the floor and never touches the ball.
This is what I said last spring. No coach would maximize Q’s abilities and make him the best player he can be as well as JB. He would have been an important piece for us this season even with Jimmy and Cole joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom