SU Season Prediction | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Season Prediction

3 games i would be really disappointed to lose(cmich/wake/rhode island)
2 games i would be shocked if won (fsu/lsu)
3 games that if we have any offense at all are winnable (pitt/nc st/bc)
2 games that if we are any kind of decent we win (usf/Virg)
2 games that will be all about confidence(clem/UL)

its just a wide open schedule that could be 3-10 wins and not really show us being all that bad or even all that good. As bad as we have been i dont look at FSU/LSU like the miami teams that used to come into the dome as its more about how bad we play than how good they are.

i think we are sitting on 5 with 2 games to go even if we play just like last year.

This is preseason, there can be only one prediction (Cue SU2NASA).

I'm most definitely not a troll. I am a life long fan that loves the cuse but has some reservations about the talent level.

Maybe 2-10 is a bit pessimistic, I'd love to see a 6-6 season. Just looking at the schedule I see 5 probable losses.
LSU
FSU
BC
Pitt
L'ville
Clemson

If SU comes out strong with everything working well, I could see them beating Pitt and BC. I would love to see a 6-6 season. I'll revise my prediction to 4-8, maybe 5-7, optimistically 6-6.

Just out of curiosity--not attacking your original post--but why would BC be a probable loss? Yes, they played a LOT better than us last year. But they lost their do everything QB and all five starting offensive linemen. I get it, we have a ton to prove, and until we prove it all we can't take anything for granted, but I could see BC taking a huge step backwards.

Here's the deal--we absolutely have to get off to a 3-1 start. Can't afford to stub our toe. If we do, then we need to find a way to beat USF on the road. 4-1 record 5 games in, and we're in solid shape.

I agree with you--most of those games you list are probable losses. But we have to find a way to gut out two more wins. But that fast start is an absolute must.

I'll go 5-7. People are underestimating NC State. They are projected to win 8-10 games. Pitt, BC, UVA are the toss up games.

I'll go 5-7. People are underestimating NC State. They are projected to win 8-10 games. Pitt, BC, UVA are the toss up games.

Suuuuuuure they will, 3-13 to 8-10 wins, good luck with that. Not with that coaching staff.

blue&orange said:

No way - NC State loaded up on easy opponents last year, and we played them right with a freshman QB, half a line, and a completely inept offensive scheme.

Toga said:
8-4 Shock the world!

Man, you know it's been a rough 15 years when 8 wins is shocking the world.

What you are really stating is that everyone underrates Syracuse giving NCState the victory.

I have no idea - i think theres too many questions. But thats the great thing about college football, a few great players can really carry a team

- Can we snap the ball using more than one cadence this year. This is critical for giving the Oline an advantage over the D-line
- Can Hunt play within himself and make smart, accurate throws
- Can the Oline stay healthy and develop consistency
- Can the D-line be competitive and allow the LBs to make plays. Can anyone other than Thompson get pressure on the QB so we dont have to blitz to get pressure
- Can the Secondary compete with some of the elite WRs

I still dont really know what we have in the offensive coaching staff (play calling, QB coaching, Adams coaching the o-line is still highly suspect, WR coaching). Bullough is a good coach, but does he have the pieces?

I'm most definitely not a troll. I am a life long fan that loves the cuse but has some reservations about the talent level.

Maybe 2-10 is a bit pessimistic, I'd love to see a 6-6 season. Just looking at the schedule I see 5 probable losses.
LSU
FSU
BC
Pitt
L'ville
Clemson

You see five probable losses and then list six teams. Is this the new troll math?

Just make a bowl game please! The extra practices are so important!

Syracuse is going to shock the ACC and some fans. Teams are going to let their guard down and walk away with a loss!!! The players are healthy and eager to win. They are so tired of all of the Nay sayers. The freshman are talented , football smart ( inspite of that stupid star rating system which is a joke don't get me started) and ready to contribute when called. I predict one loss during the regular season and a bowl game win.

Syracuse is going to shock the ACC and some fans. Teams are going to let their guard down and walk away with a loss!!! The players are healthy and eager to win. They are so tired of all of the Nay sayers. The freshman are talented , football smart ( inspite of that stupid star rating system which is a joke don't get me started) and ready to contribute when called. I predict one loss during the regular season and a bowl game win.

I am tired of the naysayers and being a naysayer but the "nays" have been far too frequent than the "Yeahs!" on the field.

5-7.

Zero depth at DT and Safety scare the heck out of me. Big hope is that Special Teams remind us of the mid-1990s and win us 1-2 alone. Our kicking situation is awesome so hope we win the ST battles in at least 9-10 of the games this year.

How do you think SU will finish 2015? I'm thinking like 2-10. Win over Rhode Island and Central Michigan. Heavy losses for the other 10. I hope I'm wrong.
Are you a gator fan still feeling the butt hurt after losing a few recruits to us...9-3 or better. Syracuse is my team and I never call them losers

MadNY3 said:
I am tired of the naysayers and being a naysayer but the "nays" have been far too frequent than the "Yeahs!" on the field. 5-7. Zero depth at DT and Safety scare the heck out of me. Big hope is that Special Teams remind us of the mid-1990s and win us 1-2 alone. Our kicking situation is awesome so hope we win the ST battles in at least 9-10 of the games this year.

The lack of depth at some key spots on D seems like it's being glossed over. Maybe we can coach our way around it, but I think some are being far too cavalier about it.

The lack of depth at some key spots on D seems like it's being glossed over. Maybe we can coach our way around it, but I think some are being far too cavalier about it.

Defense is easier to develop, good players can have more of an impact early on. I don't say this to diminish your point, it is certainly valid; however, Shafer was the DC for four years and HC heading into his third year. We have observed him reload on D and expect reloading along with improvement. Of course, our D stats will improve more as the O stats improve. This is why I am confident.

I predict we win a game we shldn't and lose a game we shldn't. As for the others...I'm just gonna watch and...drink beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom