SUAD Come on MAN! Again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SUAD Come on MAN! Again?

Who cares. Honestly.

People who have pride in their school and team they root for. People who expect high standards and attention to detail from one of the leading communications schools in the country, especially when said errors are communications related.

So, obviously you are not one of those people...so please move along...thank you.

People who have pride in their school and team they root for. People who expect high standards and attention to detail from one of the leading communications schools in the country, especially when said errors are communications related.

So, obviously you are not one of those people...so please move along...thank you.

It's not my job. It's not any of you guys jobs.

I have pride and root for Syracuse Orange athletics.

So what you are saying is that you don't care how it looks locally, regionally and nationally towards SU? Kind of confusing when in your next sentence you say you have pride...not sure how you can have pride in something you don't care about?!?

So what you are saying is that you don't care how it looks locally, regionally and nationally towards SU? Kind of confusing when in your next sentence you say you have pride...not sure how you can have pride in something you don't care about?!?

Look at the grammar he used. Clearly he doesn't even see what the department did wrong...

An AFO sighting! That game was bad enough to pull you back in, huh?

The Jersey with Roosevelt. Yes.

But you think this makes locally, regionally, or national news ?

Hell people in the carrier dome prob didn't even notice.

Look at the grammar he used. Clearly he doesn't even see what the department did wrong...

An AFO sighting! That game was bad enough to pull you back in, huh?

Good point.

Nah...I have been working on my lurker skills, with occasional sneak in and out posts.

The Jersey with Roosevelt. Yes.

But you think this makes locally, regionally, or national news ?

Hell people in the carrier dome prob didn't even notice.

The screw up with Bouie made national news...this may not, but it shows a consistent, systemic issue within the AD.

Who cares. Honestly.
You're right. Who should care when an institution of higher learning does not exhibit the same degree of accuracy and professionalism that they (I hope) expect of their students? I was a communications major at another school. If I had a single typo I would receive an "F" (and this was before the days of spell check and word processors).

While we are on the subject of last night's ceremony.....

The geniuses who were running it choreographed it so that Rak faced only one side of the court while holding up his framed jersey. No thought was given to the hundreds of people on the bleacher side who were standing there with their cameras at the ready.

First time I have seen that happen. Usually the participants are told to turn around so that everyone can see and photograph their banner, trophy, whatever.

While we are on the subject of last night's ceremony...

The geniuses who were running it choreographed it so that Rak faced only one side of the court while holding up his framed jersey. No thought was given to the hundreds of people on the bleacher side who were standing there with their cameras at the ready.

First time I have seen that happen. Usually the participants are told to turn around so that everyone can see and photograph their banner, trophy, whatever.

Just posting for CuseHulk, trying to be nice and save him some time:

Who cares. Honestly.

Does anyone on here that has clout have the ability to get all of the mishaps in front of Syverud? I can't imagine he would be pleased if he was made aware of all of the small mistakes that are made on a daily basis.

The only thing I can logically deduce is going on is that they are giving student SUAD interns way too much latitude without editorial oversight. I can't think of any other reason we have had multiple minor recruiting infractions on twitter/social media as well as multiple glaring mistakes on spelling, formatting, and event planning in regards to highly publicized recognitions for current and former players.

I mean you would have to think the people getting PAID to do this know what they're doing and it must be on the interns, right? RIGHT?

Oh Lord

The only thing I can logically deduce is going on is that they are giving student SUAD interns way too much latitude without editorial oversight. I can't think of any other reason we have had multiple minor recruiting infractions on twitter/social media as well as multiple glaring mistakes on spelling, formatting, and event planning in regards to highly publicized recognitions for current and former players.

I mean you would have to think the people getting PAID to do this know what they're doing and it must be on the interns, right? RIGHT?

Oh Lord

There's that.

And there's the fact that the person in charge of the interns and all the rest of the communications staff doesn't care about accuracy or image and said as much in the Post-Standard early last week.

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is really a large matter." -- Mark Twain

"No. Who cares." -- Joe Giansante

While we are on the subject of last night's ceremony...

Not asking you to answer this CTO, but honestly why is SU paying a guy very good $ to be the Chief Communications Officer when all it seems to bring is very sloppy work all-around?

Take the $ and give it to staffing for positions somewhere else in Athletics. Maybe I'm a bit too harsh on Mr. Giansante, but I have seen nothing from his public comments, his twitter account, or the image portrayed to the public by the SUAD that seems to justify his effectiveness in his role.

Pay me $18/hr and ill leave my current job for less pay and be happy knowing I am not making a mockery of the SUAD like the idiot students are. Id be MORE than happy to take that job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom