Suarez | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Suarez

Sorry, but I can't buy your argument. And since when do you get to define severity? You seem to determining that elbows and punches are way more serious than biting and other transgressions. While I agree that the former have potential to exact tremendous injury, incidents like biting (or say, spitting) are more damaging to the game imo. I don't think any sport, even the UFC, wants to be known as the sport where the combatants respond to adversity by chomping on your extremities or hocking loogies in your faces, regardless of the usual lack of "surface damage".

Perhaps we've become inured as sports fans to the random throwing of elbows, kicking, punching, etc..., and view them as unhealthy but ingrained human responses. Things like biting seem to have a more sinister aura of hatred to them that carry potential for more wide-ranging problems on and off the playing field.

When Tyson bit Holyfield, he had $3M of his $30M purse withheld, he forfeited the fight, he had his license to fight in Nevada suspended for one year and had to pay the legal expenses of the Nevada Boxing Commission in connection with the incident. I'd say Suarez got off a bit easy, at least financially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom