Substitutions | Syracusefan.com

Substitutions

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
First, we would have won with Buddy. Screw NY Covid rules.

But we also would have won if JB realized that substitutions keep your team’s legs fresh so they don’t collapse in the last 5 minutes of the game. Very poor coaching/substitution job by JB in the second half. One his worst performances.

Last edited:
Woody shoulda gotten more run in the 2nd half, than just late pressing.

Joe cost us the game with a hero ball brick that went the other way, and then he fouled the guy.

if jb does does not developed edwards marek will pay the price. i expect he will do the same with anselem .
his inability to develop centers is remarkable. marek will be handicapped all year. covid is not responsible for this. rutgers out coached and out played us. they were in better shape and much more physical. we were down buddy they were down a starter as well. so be it.

Ajak is the backup 5. The rest of those guys aren’t playing at the 5. I’m not sure why people are surprised about that. Newton deserves to play even when we are at full strength.

if jb does does not developed edwards marek will pay the price. i expect he will do the same with anselem .
his inability to develop centers is remarkable. marek will be handicapped all year. covid is not responsible for this. rutgers out coached and out played us. they were in better shape and much more physical. we were down buddy they were down a starter as well. so be it.

We were down TWO starters.

Remember Sidibe? The guy who averaged 15 & 14 against UNC last year?

I'm sure he would have helped last night.

We were down TWO starters.

Remember Sidibe? The guy who averaged 15 & 14 against UNC last year?

I'm sure he would have helped last night.
Sidibe also scored only 2 points against Miami in the regular season finale last year.

This spin is spin.

We lost this game who cares we were down 2 starters. We had a 4 point lead with 5 minutes left. Does Sidibe make us not give up a 17-3 run to end the game?

If Sidibe played then JBA doesn’t get 7 minutes in the first half.

Let’s spin and say we were without Frank Anslem in the game last night as well since he didn’t play at all.

Bourama Sidibe being out has very little to do the fact we lost yesterday.

The last 4 minutes on both ends need to be watched about a dozen times this week.

I think the ragged play and tempo in the 2nd half where we played thru I think 2 TV time outs hurt us in the end. I think there is reason that Kadary, Marek and Q faded in the final minutes. I know there were a lot of stoppages but our guys aren't in basketball shape yet and JB needs to do better getting people some rest.

So did anyone catch JB subbing out Woody for JG3 on a defensive possession towards the end of the game???? What in the actual heck was that about?

yes that was absolutely ridiculous. Not only were we on defense, we were pressing. Joe is not ideal for the press and the result was a layup for Rutgers and a foul where Girard and AG got there late. I really don't know what Jimmy was thinking there. The possession before, we pressed with Woody and Rutgers put up a quick shot and missed.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom