SUNY Cortland - Final Four | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SUNY Cortland - Final Four

Rich Smith and another football alum opened the Bomb Shelter, IIRC. That was new my last year. Saw many bands playing at Tuesdays. American Pie replaced the Dugout (RIP Dimeys). I remember that run of Plums, McCawbers and Simeon’s quite well.

That Alma team beat powerhouse Mt. Union in the prior round. Another prior champ Wisconsin-Lacrosse also got beat in the round of 8. Go Cortland!

Cool to see UAlbany doing well.

Side note, I’m really surprised the local news hasn’t run with Fran Brown being a former HVCC player.
Theyd have to care to begin with

Probably aren't even aware

North 40 was in Lansing other side of the lake from t burg, I live a couple miles from there. It was before my time but have heard the war stories
Every kid in the region drove to the North 40.. Our school did and we lived an hr away

Rich Smith and another football alum opened the Bomb Shelter, IIRC. That was new my last year. Saw many bands playing at Tuesdays. American Pie replaced the Dugout (RIP Dimeys). I remember that run of Plums, McCawbers and Simeon’s quite well.
What a time that was and that pales to the places the years before that.. The 18 to 21 jump killed that great bar scene.

What was in T-burg? I thought I remembered something up there.
The Rongo? Rongovian Embassy to the US is a famous (now shut down) bar in T-Burg. I believe The Spin Doctors used to play there back in the day.

The Rongo? Rongovian Embassy to the US is a famous (now shut down) bar in T-Burg. I believe The Spin Doctors used to play there back in the day.
That was it! Thank you. I knew there was some place in T-Burg that I’d been to once or twice.

What a time that was and that pales to the places the years before that.. The 18 to 21 jump killed that great bar scene.
18-19 was grandfathered in, but 19-21 wasn’t. I was there for that second jump. Things were pretty good, both on campus and off until the 90s. Even the on campus pub is now a coffee bar. I’m not even sure if you can drink on campus anymore.

Cornell. you can drink at the Statler and the Red Barn still and you can drinks at hockey games now with the right seats

Congrats to Cortland and all you Cortland Alums , this is awesome !! Ditto Great Danes .

Cornell. you can drink at the Statler and the Red Barn still and you can drinks at hockey games now with the right seats
I drank at a bar up in Collegetown called Dunbars once in awhile.

Cortland State 35 RMC 0.....at halftime. Looks good for the Red Dragons to to the final.

Reactions: CIL
Albany plays at 10pm in idaho
UAlb game is the only quarter final FCS game not on ESPN. Got to play in that crazy Kibbie dome/quonset hut with the goal posts hanging from the roof. UA is a defensive power. they can do it.

Watched some on my phone . Cortland State was so dominant up front it was silly .

Wow! Cortland beats a team that beat Ithaca 46-0 by 49-14, a score I thought they might lose by. Anything is possible! The last New York team to win a D2 title, (or any football national title) was Ithaca in 1991- 32 years ago. It could be about to happen again. (But North Central looms from the other side of the bracket).

Has SUNY Cortland ever been to the Stagg Bowl before?

UAlb game is the only quarter final FCS game not on ESPN. Got to play in that crazy Kibbie dome/quonset hut with the goal posts hanging from the roof. UA is a defensive power. they can do it.
albany is on espn+

getting 4 pts