Surprising Stat - Headed to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Surprising Stat - Headed to Pitt

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
The Orange was plus 7 in turnovers?

Third in the BE?

That really surprised me.

Think about it. In three games we had the ball on our final drive with a chance to win or take the lead - Rutgers, UConn and Pitt - and turned the ball over.

The Orange was plus 7 in turnovers?

Third in the BE?

That really surprised me.

Think about it. In three games we had the ball on our final drive with a chance to win or take the lead - Rutgers, UConn and Pitt - and turned the ball over.

It is crazy. For the first 11 games we had 13 turnovers. That's pretty impressive. It's not exciting and I'm not comparing nassib to Joe Montana but his seeming ability to generally avoid turnovers is a valuable trait.

It is crazy. For the first 11 games we had 13 turnovers. That's pretty impressive. It's not exciting and I'm not comparing nassib to Joe Montana but his seeming ability to generally avoid turnovers is a valuable trait.
it wasn't valuable a couple games ago when he dumped off on a 4th and 11 to graham when there was absolutely nothing to lose at that point by forcing the ball

the optimal number of INTs is not zero

it wasn't valuable a couple games ago when he dumped off on a 4th and 11 to graham when there was absolutely nothing to lose at that point by forcing the ball

the optimal number of INTs is not zero

So you'd argue that taking care of the football is not a quality trait for a quarterback? That was my only point and I'm fairly certain it's inarguable. And no, checking down on 4th and 11 is not a great idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom