Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if he knew of the situation here before committing, Buddy and Joe are his brothers so you figure he would, does he think he’s getting 20 a game?

Why wouldn't he?

And Hughes improved a lot playing for the Orange.

Isn't it possible that Torrance will also?
Sure - it is. He can improve. But there are two big differences.

1) He has not shown the flashes over two years that Hughes showed in his one year (18 pts. vs. Cincy, 17 pts. vs. Temple).

2) He won't sit out a year, like Elijah did.

Color me skeptical that this kid is going to make a big difference.

Seriously? Folks like yourself who blast the criticism everywhere like it should be shunned. Just as some of y'all make it out like anyone who criticizes is a hater and makes this place a cesspool the equitable hyperbole is that you see the hoops program and staff as untouchable. Neither is accurate but it's absolutely how it's framed. I've defended this program like crazy as have many others and just got frustrated but it seems that is not ok for even the short time frame it's actually been a reality.

Maybe we can all admit there is quite a bit of hyperbole for a moment?? Wouldn't kill anyone I am sure.
Sorry this fanbase isn’t a cult like Penn State football.

I am surrounded by that cult friends and family. I will say it doesn't hold a candle to how things are here but blind unwavering support shares some common themes.
We aren’t a cult. The poster blasting criticism in my opinion is inferring we should be like that.

I know the upset with Kadary moving on continues; however let’s support Symir as he comes home to join Cuse Basketball.

93AAF209-FBB7-415F-8B0E-567ACEC790CF.jpeg

The kid from Auburn is who we need.

Its not just the board either. 75-80 percent of the fan base is fed up with JB based on facebook/Twitter and my alumni contacts.
So all of the fan base is on FB/Twitter and know you through alumni networking. Wow.
Here I thought the VAST majority of SU fans don’t hash things out on social media.

Because he’s walking into a situation here he said he hated there.

No you said why would he think he was going to get 20 a game.

Considering the guy that just left played 20 or more in 14 of 28 games and between 15 and 19 in another 10, why would he think that isn't what is going to happen?

I’d rather have a kid who wants to play here v. one that does not. If Richmond wants to showcase his talents and shooting then that tells me he is NBA bound sooner than later. Wojo was fired for not winning games which may be because he was not playing the right players...Symir! I’m over Kadary and excited to have Symir and others join the team.

You should be pissed off like most season tickets holders are. This crap has to end

Buddy being surrounded by his friends and getting 40 per night and never being moved to the 3 was more important than winning.

Now that we're past keeping players like Kadary that could make us contend for titles I think you have to adjust expectations. This kid and Jimmy Jr will be rotation players. I think we still are a .500 ACC team.

Hes friends with Buddy. If he plays better than Joe JB might actually start him. He also won't get upset when Buddy and Jimmy are treated differently than the rest of the roster.

Seriously? Folks like yourself who blast the criticism everywhere like it should be shunned. Just as some of y'all make it out like anyone who criticizes is a hater and makes this place a cesspool the equitable hyperbole is that you see the hoops program and staff as untouchable. Neither is accurate but it's absolutely how it's framed. I've defended this program like crazy as have many others and just got frustrated but it seems that is not ok for even the short time frame it's actually been a reality.

Maybe we can all admit there is quite a bit of hyperbole for a moment?? Wouldn't kill anyone I am sure.

I don't have a problem with reasoned criticism. I do have a problem with relentless negativity, incessant complaining based on "he's doing it wrong because that's not the way I'd do it", and we're all doomed hysterics.

Is a really good player leaving a good thing, no. Does it rise to the level of this nonsense, no friggin' way.

Nobody is untouchable, but if the rule is you gotta pick a side without knowing any actual facts about discussions, practice, meetings, interpersonal dynamics, I'm going with the guy that has been here and proven he knows what he is doing over a freshmen.

The kid from Auburn is who we need.

Its not just the board either. 75-80 percent of the fan base is fed up with JB based on facebook/Twitter and my alumni contact
Rankings are cool. He’s still not Kadary.
He’s not Chris Paul either, but then again neither is Kadary.

I'll take the guy who wants to play at Syracuse. Maybe you should watch him play one minute of basketball before you judge him.
I’d love to, but he couldn’t even get on the court at Marquette. I love how our fan base always acts like what we have coming is better than what’s gone. This kid grew up here, got offered to sit behind all of our guards, decided to go to Marquette, couldn’t even get on the court, and now him and his 2ppg coming home are supposed to be celebrated? i hope he does great, but in the same breath i’ll say i’d rather have Kadary. we lost the most talented player on our roster yesterday.

Last edited:
He is not Kadary Richmond. We know that. He is a player that wants to do his best and play at Syracuse. Need to move on.
Agreed + a year from now if he’s got 2 years left and kadari is off to chase gold and glory...
(Ie Jackson over Greene)

I don't have a problem with reasoned criticism. I do have a problem with relentless negativity, incessant complaining based on "he's doing it wrong because that's not the way I'd do it", and we're all doomed hysterics.

Is a really good player leaving a good thing, no. Does it rise to the level of this nonsense, no friggin' way.

Nobody is untouchable, but if the rule is you gotta pick a side without knowing any actual facts about discussions, practice, meetings, interpersonal dynamics, I'm going with the guy that has been here and proven he knows what he is doing over a freshmen.

I think that's fair. I also think picking a side is part of the problem too. There is never one side at fault in these situations. That is where it gets out of hand with the argument that it is one sided. We have a program that while having some decent runs in the tourney based upon coming in as a likely early exit, also seems to be unable to figure things out in the regular season, has struggled with winning recruiting battles and probably the bigger challenge is in fixing weaknesses that have lingered. There is a larger equation to all of that but to ask questions regarding JB and where he is now vs 6 years ago in relationship to our struggles is only fair game. We aren't unique in that regard as a program. So as we see talent fly off, that was a key part of the limited success this year and likely a potential catalyst for the best year in the later half of the last decade - it's not only frustrating but the questions of why and who owns this are only fair. I think there is an argument that lands at the feet of all the coaches, the AD and at times some of the players.

The sad part is .. even Symir turns out GREAT - and he really finds himself and develops his game and plays a big part in our success next year ... deep down this was not JBs plan. JB didn’t see Symir in the portal and tell Kadary to leave. It’s still bad roster management no matter what happens; even if Kadary regresses and Symir improves
I'm sad for this dystopian future too. Thanks for really putting a damper on any future success. I was foolish for thinking things could get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom