Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can defend well but is not a good shooter. That will be the issue. He will be on the bench and when we give up 80-90 points with Joe out there and JAB is asked why Symir only played 5 minutes he will say we really need Joe's offense and shooting. He is really the perfect 3rd guard for us.
It is like you have seen this show before or something. I’m not looking forward to hearing this trash come up in jan/feb.

Probably add in a complaint like...we lost a ton of guys this off-season. Joe and buddy were real committed to the program unlike others.

Eli says hi.
Been over this. Apples to oranges. Kid was from Syracuse and didn’t get a scholarship offer when we needed a PG. We liked Elijah but didn’t have room with the wings we had.

I’d love to, but he couldn’t even get on the court at Marquette. I love how our fan base always acts like what we have coming is better than what’s gone.

He had NBE all time leading scorer ahead of him and then a more hyped recruit.

There is no risk of him pulling a Geno Thorpe. Even if he doesn't do great we did well to add a guy that can be 9-10 on the depth chart and out of the rotation but not totally stink when he gets in the games and won't cause issues because of it.

I'm furious about Kadary but I'd like to make the NCAA Tournament the next 2 years before JB leaves (which he has to he can't be allowed to stick around post Buddy.)

I'll take the guy who wants to play at Syracuse. Maybe you should watch him play one minute of basketball before you judge him.
I have watched him play. On a bad team, he was a below average piece. That’s not good enough for me.

I have watched him play. On a bad team, he was a below average piece. That’s not good enough for me.
We all need to have those same standards of excellence.

Let's go Symir!! All of the "he's not kadary" is trash. Guess what, kadary doesn't want any of you, why would you want him? Give me the kid who cares 10/10 times. He is one our own, thrilled to be in orange and every bit good enough to play for us. Get your heads out of your asses, from here on out Symir > Kadary all day.

This should let everyone know what goes on in college hoops even within our own program. You could tell even when we were playing in the tournament that Symir was coming here from his social media accounts. JB made some telling remarks during our tournament run and the staff knew they were losing Kadary im betting. The amount of tampering that goes on is probably insane especially this year but they definitely knew they had Symir locked up. There wasn't even talk of us "involved" until the second after Kadary announced his news and then pretty much instantly Symir announced his decision date. What a crazy business!
100%
Back channel comms through Symirs contacts back in Syracuse. HS Coach, Jim Hart, etc

I think that's fair. I also think picking a side is part of the problem too. There is never one side at fault in these situations. That is where it gets out of hand with the argument that it is one sided. We have a program that while having some decent runs in the tourney based upon coming in as a likely early exit, also seems to be unable to figure things out in the regular season, has struggled with winning recruiting battles and probably the bigger challenge is in fixing weaknesses that have lingered. There is a larger equation to all of that but to ask questions regarding JB and where he is now vs 6 years ago in relationship to our struggles is only fair game. We aren't unique in that regard as a program. So as we see talent fly off, that was a key part of the limited success this year and likely a potential catalyst for the best year in the later half of the last decade - it's not only frustrating but the questions of why and who owns this are only fair. I think there is an argument that lands at the feet of all the coaches, the AD and at times some of the players.
I agree and don't think anyone disagrees. I think the problem comes in when the same posters keep saying the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... that is at least my issue. I heard and respect what you are saying...it doesn't need to be said 100 times. Not saying it's you by the way but there are some here that just keep doing it.

I agree and don't think anyone disagrees. I think the problem comes in when the same posters keep saying the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... that is at least my issue. I heard and respect what you are saying...it doesn't need to be said 100 times. Not saying it's you by the way but there are some here that just keep doing it.

The pandemic has most certainly not helped either. It has added even more traffic through social media and virtual platforms. While giving nearly everyone a thorn in their side to live with everyday.

Buddy’s earned everyone shut up status.
His last month did that.

The other guard on the other hand I feel bad for. The HC screwed up.

Torrance gives some optimism we have atleast one PG who can get bye people.
Do we take bets on which December non conference game he will come in off the bench and lead a come back victory like the UB game this year?

This reeks of laziness to me, honestly.

They know the kid has always wanted to go to Syracuse. They know the kid is transferring. They know the kid will come if offered.

No shot of us trying to get a better player because there is no need with God’s gift Joe Girard in line for 30 mpg.

I will always root for Syracuse but on the surface this is not a move that makes Syracuse a better team. And I am not going to sugar coat it and hope he improves. His tape doesn’t give me much hope either. He is average to below average at the ACC level. That’s what we are looking for these days.

After everything is said and done more is said than is done, finally got something done.

Why does everything think JB is putting all his eggs into this basket? We have more opportunities to pound the portal

Symiracuse will deliver us from evil
I'll take any talented player who wants to be here and wants to win. I loved Kadary and Bras and I had for Ajok but if they did not want to stay, do not like the way they were coached or think they will find more success elsewhere I wish them all of the luck in the world. I read a lot about his shooting, let's see what a year with the shot Dr. G-Mac can do for him. seemed he really helped Kadary improve. Next man up!

Good pick up, can’t imagine any other guard that would come here with the expectations of playing more than 10 a game. We need someone to buy into a limited role, Symir fits that.
I want him to push and prove he deserves more than 10 a game. I want a team with fire that competes for PT. Never guarantee anything, make players earn it. If a kid does not want to compete for that how do you think he will compete on the big stage. I love it when a player has a chip on his shoulder and fights to prove himself.

The bright side is now Joe won’t have any competition on who starts at PG next year and maybe his shooting confidence will rebound. But man do I miss the days of awesome PGs in our backcourt like Ennis MCW Scoop Flynn Dev GMAC Is it too early for a beer?

Damn some of you need to chill with the vitriol and commentary.

We should welcome him to the program and wish him well.
for real.

I don't know anything much about Symir...but just off of being a former top 100 recruit that sounds promising.

Putting my Orange-colored glasses on, I think GMAC working with him on his shot could be big time...if he was already 37.5% as a frosh, there's potential there...thats better than girard or kadary did for any season...so looks like a great add, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom