Syr-WKU- Billy Packer Jackass | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syr-WKU- Billy Packer Jackass

Billy Packer is on the DNL (Do Not Like) list for many of us. If you think Dickie V is a Duke booster, Packer was the ultimate ACC shill long before we even thought about being in the ACC.
In general, Packer promoted the ACC but he wasn't necessarily popular with ACC fans. He was detested by Duke fans. By the end of his broadcasting career, I think everyone in the ACC other than WFU fans was tired of him. I remember yelling "Shut up, Packer" at my TV screen several times every game.

In general, Packer promoted the ACC but he wasn't necessarily popular with ACC fans. He was detested by Duke fans. By the end of his broadcasting career, I think everyone in the ACC other than WFU fans was tired of him. I remember yelling "Shut up, Packer" at my TV screen several times every game.
It seems I remember years ago one of our more esteemed posters calling him Fudge Packer.

That game was March 11, 1978. Most folks here do not know how low was SU and JB's standing in the national press in those days. We got no respect whatsoever.

I agree. I was unable to watch the game having moved to Virginia outside DC. At that time the Cuse got no coverage whatsoever here. Had to call George Michael's Sports Machine at 60 cents a minute to get the score. Back then Billy Packer and the Holly Farms ACC tournament was the only game in town.

A lot has happened in almost 40 years: Syracuse is in the ACC; the Governor is from Syracuse; Wegmans arrived a few years ago; and, JB is still going strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom